Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

$449.99 PS4 PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs Bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2014 3:13 pm
Tags:
17 replies
Sep 21, 2001
389 posts
100 upvotes
West end
Why? Get a $70 game with the system. Dont like the game? Its not for you.
I was at ebgames and they had a similar bundle for 469
Is it cold because you can buy a destiny bundle for the same price? That white destiny bundle looks pretty star wars futuristic.
A vaincre sans p�ril, on triomphe sans gloire. Corneille.
To win without risk is a triumph without glory. Corneille.
Bernese Mountain Dogs rock!
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
sk8tr wrote: Why? Get a $70 game with the system. Dont like the game? Its not for you.
I was at ebgames and they had a similar bundle for 469
It's a terrible game. Bad graphics, boring repetitive gameplay. There's a reason they decided to throw in this game for free instead of something good, it's awful.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
The fact that it's WatchDogs makes it a cold deal. :razz:
Feb 9, 2006
998 posts
23 upvotes
that's a $69 game for free.. don't like it, sell the game for $40 and you get the ps4 for less
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1337 posts
239 upvotes
Selling Watch_Dogs on PS4 is pretty hard... when I got that Shop.ca deal with this and an extra controller, I tried to sell the sealed copy for $40 and still nobody wanted anything to do with it. The game has a very bad reputation.

They did a similar deal with inFamous during E3 at this price for a few days, that was a much better deal.
Sep 18, 2013
74 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria
Even if you take the price of the game off the sticker price, you're still paying basically what the PS4 cost at launch.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2077 posts
105 upvotes
Socpens wrote: Selling Watch_Dogs on PS4 is pretty hard... when I got that Shop.ca deal with this and an extra controller, I tried to sell the sealed copy for $40 and still nobody wanted anything to do with it. The game has a very bad reputation.
My friend loves the game. He said it is one of best game he ever played. I guess it depends.
2014 Perth Mint God of Olympus - Hades - $320 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
2013 Glass Butterfly - $190 local Richmond (BC) Pick-up
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
lofony wrote: My friend loves the game. He said it is one of best game he ever played. I guess it depends.
Your friend hasn't played many games then. :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1337 posts
239 upvotes
lofony wrote: My friend loves the game. He said it is one of best game he ever played. I guess it depends.
It definitely does, after having such a hard time selling it I just opened it and played it and it's nowhere near as bad as people say. It is extremely repetitive and bland, but so are half of the other games out there. It has a certain charm to it; the way most objects in the world break into perfectly segmented portions at the slightest touch is hilarious to me. It's bad in some ways but hilarious in others. And there is definitely enough content to last a long time.

But if you intend on selling the game expecting to get money back then it might be too late. It's already going on sale at a few places at $45-$50, and many people have a sour taste in their mouth following all the negative press it received post-launch.
Jul 23, 2011
974 posts
850 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Socpens wrote: It definitely does, after having such a hard time selling it I just opened it and played it and it's nowhere near as bad as people say. It is extremely repetitive and bland, but so are half of the other games out there. It has a certain charm to it; the way most objects in the world break into perfectly segmented portions at the slightest touch is hilarious to me. It's bad in some ways but hilarious in others. And there is definitely enough content to last a long time.

But if you intend on selling the game expecting to get money back then it might be too late. It's already going on sale at a few places at $45-$50, and many people have a sour taste in their mouth following all the negative press it received post-launch.
I agree that arguing over tastes is somewhat pointless...but IMO, it's not terrible or awful, as some people would lead you to believe. Ride to Hell, is a terrible game. Watch Dogs, is a game that didn't live up to the hype, but it's not awful.

The game has some great concepts, and sometimes they work very well. The levels where you had to use the cameras to guide people to objectives were very smart and enjoyable, in my opinion. The world also is pretty alive, and there's a lot to do.

It does have some notable downsides. Yes, the mission selection can by very repetitive, especially for the side quests. I think there are something like 40 'fixer' quests, for example, and only three different tasks to do! The graphics are also a bit disappointing given initial expectations, though far from 'terrible.' They're a definite downgrade from E3 3012 and won't compare well with next gen games by mid-generation, but to call them ugly is unfair, in my mind, especially given the complexity of the open world Ubisoft has created. The night lighting effects are actually pretty impressive looking, especially in the rain. Day doesn't work so well, but it's not like it's ugly either. Oh, and the driving really didn't seem all that bad to me, which was the other big complaint.

Watch Dogs 2 has the potential to be amazing. There's a great core there. It's just not fully realized in this first game. Sort of like Assassin's Creed 1, which while not awful, wasn't a home run either.
Jul 23, 2008
737 posts
141 upvotes
KIRKLAND
Watch_Dogs is alright, it shouldn't have been an open world game though.
Jul 27, 2009
80 posts
33 upvotes
Kingston
Watch_Dogs is a fair GTA knock off, where the hacking amounts to the tear mechanic from Bioshock Infinite. The story is without a doubt one of the worst in gaming, and the protagonist is a wholly unlikable and unrelatable sociopath. Multiplayer is a game of hide and seek, which I found to be quite fun but not something I'm inte. To say the game has "bad graphics" is hilarious, it's the best looking open world game there is.
Jul 23, 2008
737 posts
141 upvotes
KIRKLAND
rtwarner wrote: Watch_Dogs is a fair GTA knock off, where the hacking amounts to the tear mechanic from Bioshock Infinite. The story is without a doubt one of the worst in gaming, and the protagonist is a wholly unlikable and unrelatable sociopath. Multiplayer is a game of hide and seek, which I found to be quite fun but not something I'm inte. To say the game has "bad graphics" is hilarious, it's the best looking open world game there is.
GTAV gives it a run for its money, and GTAV PS4 will trounce it.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
TorontoGamerMan wrote: I agree that arguing over tastes is somewhat pointless...but IMO, it's not terrible or awful, as some people would lead you to believe. Ride to Hell, is a terrible game. Watch Dogs, is a game that didn't live up to the hype, but it's not awful.

The game has some great concepts, and sometimes they work very well. The levels where you had to use the cameras to guide people to objectives were very smart and enjoyable, in my opinion. The world also is pretty alive, and there's a lot to do.

It does have some notable downsides. Yes, the mission selection can by very repetitive, especially for the side quests. I think there are something like 40 'fixer' quests, for example, and only three different tasks to do! The graphics are also a bit disappointing given initial expectations, though far from 'terrible.' They're a definite downgrade from E3 3012 and won't compare well with next gen games by mid-generation, but to call them ugly is unfair, in my mind, especially given the complexity of the open world Ubisoft has created. The night lighting effects are actually pretty impressive looking, especially in the rain. Day doesn't work so well, but it's not like it's ugly either. Oh, and the driving really didn't seem all that bad to me, which was the other big complaint.

Watch Dogs 2 has the potential to be amazing. There's a great core there. It's just not fully realized in this first game. Sort of like Assassin's Creed 1, which while not awful, wasn't a home run either.
+1 for potential
Ubi downgrade the PC graphics to match next-gen performance
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
lol UBI games...always the same pattern: super hyped pre-lease, super boring gameplay, super fast price drop (technically it's free now with only 2 months post release if you're buying a ps4?)
Sep 1, 2011
99 posts
118 upvotes
I actually finished watch dogs just last night and loved it. Really cool game and I do like the characters.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)