Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S In-Ear Monitors - Approx. $45CDN Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2014 12:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S In-Ear Monitors - Approx. $45CDN Shipped

Deal Link:
Price:
$45
I thought I'd post this deal I found over at Head-Fi.org. I ordered the VSonic VSD1S IEMs from Lend Me Ur Ears a couple of weeks ago and just received them today. I can confirm they are genuine VSonic IEMs. Also helps that Lend Me Ur Ears is listed as a premium authorized reseller of VSonic products on the VSonic Facebook page. I bought the VSD1S for my iBasso DX50 digital audio player, after reading several posts on Head-Fi indicating the VSD1/VSD1S were made for the DX50. Previously, I was using the HiSoundAudio WooDuo 2 IEMs which I purchased for about $75CDN on Mass Drop. I've been listening to the VSD1S IEMs for the past couple of hours, and they're a huge improvement over the WD2s. A little less bass, but much more clarity and a wider sound stage. The increase in detail is the first thing I noticed.

According to my credit card bill, they cost $41.57CDN and arrived in 9 business days after ordering. BTW, Lend Me Ur Ears is based out of Singapore.

Anyway, over at Head-Fi people rave about these IEMs. They're apparently one of the best sub-$100 options available and rival some of the over-$100 IEMs. For people familiar with the VSonic GR07 Bass Edition IEMs, the VSD1/VSD1S have about 80% of the sound quality for 1/3 of the price. The VSD1 are supposed to be geared towards people that like more bass, and the VSD1S are geared towards people that want more of a neutral sound.

They come with several silicon tips, four pairs of foam tips, ear guides, and a felt pouch. They also come with a 1-year warranty from VSonic.

Anyway, for more information check out these links.

More for Less with VSonic VSD1 and VSD1S - Review
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mo ... -and-vsd1s

The Best Earphones Under $50 (Holiday Season 2013)
http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buy ... -under-50/
11 replies
May 21, 2009
779 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
These sound amazing apparently, but there's a ton of people on head-fi who say their pair stopped working after a very short period of time (a month!) and the iem's housing started falling appart. Definitely not a rugged iem.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
matsam wrote: These sound amazing apparently, but there's a ton of people on head-fi who say their pair stopped working after a very short period of time (a month!) and the iem's housing started falling appart. Definitely not a rugged iem.
Ya.... tough to say, cuz we don't know how those people used them. I'll be using them at work, and they won't be leaving my desk. I don't plan to workout with them or travel with them, so I'm hoping they last at least a year. Great price for around $40CDN.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1921 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
How do these compare with the Xiaomi product?
Dec 18, 2006
734 posts
142 upvotes
Halifax
I'd been eyeing these for a while. Do you find that they're sufficiently flat/not sticking out to be worn while laying down or on your side? How's the weight compared to the WD2?
I also recently went on a audio binge on MD haha. I got the WD2, the bass impressed me for being a small IEM, but then just went all the way up and picked up the Hybrid DN1000 - really great sound but I find they're quite heavy to be worn always.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3376 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
I have the VDS1S and they sound great if you like neutral and more tamed sound. Build quality-wise, the wire is pretty thin but as long as you keep your earphones in a carrying pouch, it should not break anytime soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
brn80 wrote: I'd been eyeing these for a while. Do you find that they're sufficiently flat/not sticking out to be worn while laying down or on your side? How's the weight compared to the WD2?
I also recently went on a audio binge on MD haha. I got the WD2, the bass impressed me for being a small IEM, but then just went all the way up and picked up the Hybrid DN1000 - really great sound but I find they're quite heavy to be worn always.
windforcexx28 wrote: I have the VDS1S and they sound great if you like neutral and more tamed sound. Build quality-wise, the wire is pretty thin but as long as you keep your earphones in a carrying pouch, it should not break anytime soon.
I agree with windforce. To me, the VSD1S were a huge improvement. Keep in mind I used both IEMs with an iBasso DX50 DAP playing FLAC audio. I found the WD2 to be bloated in comparison, whereas the VSD1S are more neutral like windforce said. A lot of people say the VSD1S are light on bass compared to the VSD1, but I think it's the perfect amount... at least for the music I listen to. I listen to mostly Indie music (i.e. Grizzly Bear, Angus & Julia Stone, The National, Alt-J, Beirut, Elbow, Lana Del Ray, etc...). I definitely appreciate what I'm listening to even more than before, because I can hear more detail. The separation of instruments is more clearly defined in IMO.

The build quality of the VSD1/VSD1S is definitely below the WD2. The IEMs are also noticeably heavier compared to the WD2. I preferred the flat red cable and smaller buds of the WD2. When it comes down to it, I prefer to have the better audio quality to build quality because my IEMs will only be used at work. I can't see the VSonics lasting very long for people always on the go.

BTW, the other popular set are the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0/2.1 which are $20-30. Apparently the sound quality is supposed to be almost as good, and the build quality is quite a bit better. From what I've read though, people seem to say the VSD1S are still more neutral. In any case, for $20 I decided to order a pair and compare the quality. It's not like I'm breaking the bank.

Here's the thread for the Xiaomi Pistons.
ibuygou-com-xiaomi-piston-earphones-23- ... d-1495771/

Here's a review done by ljokerl (very reputable in the audiophile scene)
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_r ... -piston-2/

He also compares the Pistons to VSD1S, and comments that the Pistons 2.0 are bassier and warmer.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
BTW, the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0/2.1 can be had for $20USD with free shipping from the link below.
http://www.merimobiles.com/xiaomi-pisto ... ri8529.htm

I've checked several threads and different forums (RFD, Head-Fi, XDA, etc.). MeriMobiles sells genuine Xiaomi products NOT fake.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)