None
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes

Robin Williams dead of apparent suicide

????

Breaking News!!

"Robin Williams was found dead of an apparent suicide, the Marin County, Calif., Sheriff's Department said Monday. "
170 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2397 posts
575 upvotes
PM - VK3Q69
Possible drug overdose. Dead at age 63
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow....damn!! :(
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Whoa!
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Terrible. Money and fame can't make you happy. I know he struggled with drug and alcohol problems in the past. A lot of people who are funny use comedy to cover their pain (which is the same reason many abuse drugs and alcohol).
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes
From EW:

"Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.
According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today."
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
Just about to post this...

[QUOTE]Veteran film and television comedic actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday. He was 63.
The cause of death is believed to be suicide via asphyxiation, according to the coroner’s office in Tiburon, Calif. He was found in his home.[/QUOTE]

Truly one of a kind.

RIP

Robin Williams Bio
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
R.I.P.

Mrs. Doubtfire will forever be a classic.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
RIP.

Wasn't he taking care of the late Christopher Reeve's son?
Jul 16, 2014
95 posts
3 upvotes
, ON
The news stories I'm seeing don't say anything about a possibility of drug overdose, just that the cause of death was asphyxia and they suspect suicide.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Fakeman wrote: The news stories I'm seeing don't say anything about a possibility of drug overdose, just that the cause of death was asphyxia and they suspect suicide.
The reports say it was asphyxia but he had drug and alcohol problems which are often a sign of depression or numbing your personal problems.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: R.I.P.

Mrs. Doubtfire will forever be a classic.
According to IMDB there was supposed to be part 2. He was also recently on the Crazy Ones
Money and fame can't make you happy. I know he struggled with drug and alcohol problems in the past. A lot of people who are funny use comedy to cover their pain (which is the same reason many abuse drugs and alcohol).
That line gets thrown around a lot, but there is more to it as you mentioned.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
What a tragic way to die. *Sigh*.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Why was this moved to entertainment? Do mods consider this entertaining?

I wont say rest in peace because he killed himself. I'll just say it's too bad because he was a highly entertaining comic, and it should be eye opening to everyone that money & fame doesn't mean happiness. Step away from the noose that is a paycheque & make sure you're enjoying the process called life.
Be Happy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)