Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--

Chrysler dealership... Am I being unreasonable? UPDATE2

So after a month of calling the dealership and the head office, it seems to have finally been resolved almost. Body guy is coming to look at the bumper that was scratched and if it can't be fixed they're going to replace the entire part. Got the $100 keg gift card today. The wobble effect I'm getting once in awhile is going to get looked at and hopefully fixed (vehicle shakes side to side before shifting to 2nd and 3rd gear, it's an intermittent problem)

Alright so I bought a 2015 Cherokee 4X4 Sport and love it so far.

The problems I've had so far are

Went to pick up the car, noticed the antennae wasn't screwed on and the Salesman insisted it's supposed to look that way... Really? I'm supposed to see a threaded insert where something is supposed to be screwed in? So I got the manager and he told me they never did the PDI, but originally were going to let me drive away... 3 hours later the PDI was done so the Salesman screwed my license plate on crooked and watched him scratch the rear bumper at the same time, manager promised they would fix it another day, Salesman said it's ok it'll get scratched again anyways. I was pissed and went home.

2 days later someone was backing up and almost backed right into the side of my jeep. I went to honk the horn to get their attention. Horn didn't work. I was beyond furious at this point. I went to the dealership fuming asking how the hell that passed any kind of PDI that was done properly. Turns out the PDI guy forgot to install the fuse on delivery. Went home a little happier and the manager said he'd give me a keg gift card for $100...

5 days later, I was driving through a bad rain storm to go to a store, got back in and none of the lights on the dash or the screen would turn on, radio wasn't working as well. Went to the dealer and the answer I got from the service advisor was 'this is what happens when people try to cram tons of electronics into a vehicle, if you need a backup camera to help you drive then you shouldn't be driving'.

I looked at her and said 'did I say I need a camera to drive, no so I would advise you not to talk to me like I'm some kind of *****ing moron. Second, when I spend $35,000 on a vehicle I expect it to work, especially the horn.'

I got back in the jeep and everything was working again so I said I'd keep an eye on it. Manager said he didn't get around to getting the gift card still after 2 weeks and anytime I ask them to fix the scratch they say they're too busy.

I emailed Chrysler/Jeep basically saying the same complaints. Am I being unreasonable about these complaints? The vehicle itself is awesome except for these small issues.

UPDATE:

so after a few days a so called case manager from head office called me. The answer I got was the dealership claims they never charged me (and they never d apparently) for PDI. My bill of sale clearly shows PDI SAFE & SECURE 299.00.

I asked about that and the case manager basically said they don't get involved in sales. And that's all she could do... So really even the head office won't help me now....

Anymore advice to be given?
61 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
With all of the problems you describe.. no, I don't think you are being unreasonable.. theres a reason I hate dealership sales people and this is it.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Purgatory wrote: With all of the problems you describe.. no, I don't think you are being unreasonable.. theres a reason I hate dealership sales people and this is it.
Thanks, the woman at the dealer said me getting mad won't fix anything. I told her I know none of this is her fault, but how would you feel if you had these issues after paying x amount for a vehicle. She pretty much couldn't say anything after that.

I emailed Chrysler 2 days ago and haven't received an email back yet... If I don't get an answer back by the end of next week what should I do?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
So many things going wrong..some dealer ..some car ..and you still love it?

But your experience is not reasonable but Chrysler dealers aren't exactly known for good service
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
XtremeModder wrote: Thanks, the woman at the dealer said me getting mad won't fix anything. I told her I know none of this is her fault, but how would you feel if you had these issues after paying x amount for a vehicle. She pretty much couldn't say anything after that.

I emailed Chrysler 2 days ago and haven't received an email back yet... If I don't get an answer back by the end of next week what should I do?
Also post on their FB page. I am looking at it now, some people with issues are getting responses.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
What dealership was this?

And whatever you paid for PDI should be refunded, immediately.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Ottomaddox wrote: What dealership was this?

And whatever you paid for PDI should be refunded, immediately.
I asked for that and they wouldn't do it because it was technically done after I noticed the antennae, how the horn wasn't working is beyond me.

Dealership was Pickering Chrysler
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
XtremeModder wrote: Alright so I bought a 2015 Cherokee 4X4 Sport and love it so far.
Wow I would hate to read your rant if you ever bought a car you hated. :razz:
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Cas77 wrote: Wow I would hate to read your rant if you ever bought a car you hated. :razz:
Why would anyone buy a car they hate?
May 2, 2013
297 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I am never going to buy this brand car and I am never going to the same dealership. Post some info about dealership here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
XtremeModder wrote: I asked for that and they wouldn't do it because it was technically done after I noticed the antennae, how the horn wasn't working is beyond me.

Dealership was Pickering Chrysler
Am I the only one wondering why fuses need to be installed at the dealership, and not the factory?
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Ottomaddox wrote: Am I the only one wondering why fuses need to be installed at the dealership, and not the factory?
From what I understand, the siren fuse is not installed cause alarms may go off during transit via rail or truck... Made sense to me and apparently the fuse is put in at the dealership.... At least it's supposed to be.
Mar 9, 2014
457 posts
216 upvotes
You're not being unreasonable. I dunno why buying a new car has to be a long drawn out circus of games and BS.

For sure get your PDI reimbursed- and if they're unwilling, I'd fight to have them redo the checklist, because it sounds like they never did the PDI in the first place.

Also, I recommend posting your experience online, like on dealerrater.ca so you can warn others of their poor service.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
207 upvotes
Non functioning horn is dangerous, complain to omvic
Jun 3, 2013
381 posts
93 upvotes
The only thing you are being unreasonable about is saying you still love the car. I mean really a defective horn and electrical system and you still love it?

Regardless, You should take your complaints further. Both to the BBB and to corporate Chrysler complaint department. They should be made aware how one of there local dealerships is treating there valued customers. Doesn't matter how much you spent. They are very wrong. Also look online and see if others are having the same electrical/horn problems. As it may be a defect in the manufacturing process.

If cars have a buyers remorse policy. You should use it to punish the dealership for there ignorance and return the car ASAP. If you love the car. Just go to another dealership and buy it again.

Unfortunately your experience highlights why I will never buy a North Ameeican car. Also why I only lease as at least the car is under warranty throughout my ownership of it.

XtremeModder wrote: Alright so I bought a 2015 Cherokee 4X4 Sport and love it so far.

The problems I've had so far are

Went to pick up the car, noticed the antennae wasn't screwed on and the Salesman insisted it's supposed to look that way... Really? I'm supposed to see a threaded insert where something is supposed to be screwed in? So I got the manager and he told me they never did the PDI, but originally were going to let me drive away... 3 hours later the PDI was done so the Salesman screwed my license plate on crooked and watched him scratch the rear bumper at the same time, manager promised they would fix it another day, Salesman said it's ok it'll get scratched again anyways. I was pissed and went home.

2 days later someone was backing up and almost backed right into the side of my jeep. I went to honk the horn to get their attention. Horn didn't work. I was beyond furious at this point. I went to the dealership fuming asking how the hell that passed any kind of PDI that was done properly. Turns out the PDI guy forgot to install the fuse on delivery. Went home a little happier and the manager said he'd give me a keg gift card for $100...

5 days later, I was driving through a bad rain storm to go to a store, got back in and none of the lights on the dash or the screen would turn on, radio wasn't working as well. Went to the dealer and the answer I got from the service advisor was 'this is what happens when people try to cram tons of electronics into a vehicle, if you need a backup camera to help you drive then you shouldn't be driving'.

I looked at her and said 'did I say I need a camera to drive, no so I would advise you not to talk to me like I'm some kind of *****ing moron. Second, when I spend $35,000 on a vehicle I expect it to work, especially the horn.'

I got back in the jeep and everything was working again so I said I'd keep an eye on it. Manager said he didn't get around to getting the gift card still after 2 weeks and anytime I ask them to fix the scratch they say they're too busy.

I emailed Chrysler/Jeep basically saying the same complaints. Am I being unreasonable about these complaints? The vehicle itself is awesome except for these small issues.
Feb 3, 2011
302 posts
66 upvotes
Markham
I think you actually handled it pretty well. I'd be a lot more p'd off. That sounds like a terrible experience and the dealership sounds trashy. I'd fight to return the car based on them never doing PDI in the first place. You should definitely look at getting some money back.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Definitely take it up to the head office and what the other posters said about bbb. Also leave a message on fb with this. Good luck
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Chopras wrote: The only thing you are being unreasonable about is saying you still love the car. I mean really a defective horn and electrical system and you still love it?

Regardless, You should take your complaints further. Both to the BBB and to corporate Chrysler complaint department. They should be made aware how one of there local dealerships is treating there valued customers. Doesn't matter how much you spent. They are very wrong. Also look online and see if others are having the same electrical/horn problems. As it may be a defect in the manufacturing process.

If cars have a buyers remorse policy. You should use it to punish the dealership for there ignorance and return the car ASAP. If you love the car. Just go to another dealership and buy it again.

Unfortunately your experience highlights why I will never buy a North Ameeican car. Also why I only lease as at least the car is under warranty throughout my ownership of it.
You may want to read my full post. Non-functioning horn was because of a missing fuse, it was fixed and hasn't been an issue since.

Only real issue I had after is the uConnect5 system failing to come on once.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2204 posts
1395 upvotes
Etobicoke
I think the problem began with "I bought a Chrysler"...
Unfortunately North America can only make good pick up trucks, other than that I would never buy a NA vehicle again.
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)