Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 12:00 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
I was able to upgrade to the 6+ 64GB, while keeping my CORP350/5GB.

I just reserved it online (@ launch: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphon ... one_slot-1). Hit adding device to existing account (wasn't able to hit upgrade since it couldn't access my account).

Was number 12 or something since I did it at 0330.

Arrived at Rogers store (Kingston downtown, Princess st.). Just gave him my information and he just went through the whole thing, never said anything about the $50 plan. At the end I asked him what the deal was, and he said it doesn't matter because you're corporate. I am also on the Ontario Hospitals plan, earlier in the thread people said they had no issues upgrading.

As a bonus, for some reason my line had a 0 upgrade fee (I upgraded to the 5s last year...).
Mar 15, 2005
167 posts
32 upvotes
Kirkland
You probably gonna be charged full price for IPhone. As this was an outright purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
tailcone wrote: You probably gonna be charged full price for IPhone. As this was an outright purchase.
Nope, HUP. Signed the contract for $480x + tax (renewed 2 year contract).
Feb 18, 2011
69 posts
7 upvotes
HBP wrote: Nope, HUP. Signed the contract for $480x + tax (renewed 2 year contract).
wow that's lucky maybe you just got lucky because of the craziness of the first day I would love to try that as I'm in Kingston also
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
evanr67 wrote: wow that's lucky maybe you just got lucky because of the craziness of the first day I would love to try that as I'm in Kingston also
The guy I was working with seemed to think it didn't matter with corporate lines.

I'm fairly certain that my account had a $0 early upgrade fee, even though I got the 5s last year, because I got the 5s as a consumer plan through Future Shop, then immediately called Rogers to switch over to the CORP350. They probably didn't transfer over the device balance when I did that.
Feb 18, 2011
69 posts
7 upvotes
HBP wrote: The guy I was working with seemed to think it didn't matter with corporate lines.

I'm fairly certain that my account had a $0 early upgrade fee, even though I got the 5s last year, because I got the 5s as a consumer plan through Future Shop, then immediately called Rogers to switch over to the CORP350. They probably didn't transfer over the device balance when I did that.
ya i don't have any upgrade balance either Ive been off contract for a while maybe they were just happy to sign you up for another couple of years but for the cost of the plan who cares right :-)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Couldn't make up my mind whether to sign a 3-year contract to save $20. I doubt I'll be able to upgrade again with the CORP350, and I don't plan on letting it go. Only $20 though so meh.
Feb 18, 2011
69 posts
7 upvotes
HBP wrote: Couldn't make up my mind whether to sign a 3-year contract to save $20. I doubt I'll be able to upgrade again with the CORP350, and I don't plan on letting it go. Only $20 though so meh.
ah so extra 20 dollars you mean is the cost of the phone right? by accepting 2 or 3 yrs for a minute I thought your monthly plan went up by 20 bucks a month
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
evanr67 wrote: ah so extra 20 dollars you mean is the cost of the phone right? by accepting 2 or 3 yrs for a minute I thought your monthly plan went up by 20 bucks a month
Sorry was unclear. The phone would have been $20 cheaper if I had got a 3-year contract.
Feb 18, 2011
69 posts
7 upvotes
HBP wrote: Sorry was unclear. The phone would have been $20 cheaper if I had got a 3-year contract.
I'm just wondering can the reservation be canceled at anytime. If I reserved it and then went to the Rogers location If I decided not to take it would I get my reservation fee returned? hmm so much to think about
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
evanr67 wrote: I'm just wondering can the reservation be canceled at anytime. If I reserved it and then went to the Rogers location If I decided not to take it would I get my reservation fee returned? hmm so much to think about
Yeah, the reservation fee is returned no matter what (even if you go through with the reservation).
Oct 23, 2005
632 posts
183 upvotes
Hawkesbury
HBP wrote: Sorry was unclear. The phone would have been $20 cheaper if I had got a 3-year contract.

For me that is a no brainer as you buy 1 year of freedom for only 20$. How many people do you know that would love a chance to cancel one year of contract for 20$ ?
Oct 23, 2005
632 posts
183 upvotes
Hawkesbury
I went ahead and changed my plan as I usually use 2gb a month so 3 will be plenty. Also I am cancelling my landline so the unlimited talk nationwide will be great. Signed for 2 years
May 4, 2011
15 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
HBP wrote: Yeah, the reservation fee is returned no matter what (even if you go through with the reservation).
You think there is any chance Rogers will review things and change your plan automatically? I would be worried about something like this. I wouldn't put it past Robbers to pull that stunt. I'm tempted to try your method, but still worried about losing the corp350 plan.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Pod818 wrote: You think there is any chance Rogers will review things and change your plan automatically? I would be worried about something like this. I wouldn't put it past Robbers to pull that stunt. I'm tempted to try your method, but still worried about losing the corp350 plan.
Doubt it, signed a contract.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
2098 posts
1968 upvotes
Are any of these plans still available or have they all expired now?
Which one is available?
Feb 6, 2009
82 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
HBP wrote: I was able to upgrade to the 6+ 64GB, while keeping my CORP350/5GB.

I just reserved it online (@ launch: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphon ... one_slot-1). Hit adding device to existing account (wasn't able to hit upgrade since it couldn't access my account).
Thanks for the info. gonna try this reservation method. before i hit the upgrade and that didn't let me as well. but i did the chat support and the rep make the reservation for me. but i think your method is faster.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
ed@audiyo wrote: Thanks for the info. gonna try this reservation method. before i hit the upgrade and that didn't let me as well. but i did the chat support and the rep make the reservation for me. but i think your method is faster.
Nice. I was also surprised when I received this Blue Piston bluetooth speaker. $50 value for reserving the phone. Pretty sweet, something I needed but wouldn't buy unless I got a deal.
May 4, 2011
15 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
going to try this reservation method as well. Will report back if any success.
Jul 31, 2014
5 posts
Mississauga, ON
I did the reservation but it went to a store and they told me there that I had to upgrade my plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)