• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2024 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 22, 2007
924 posts
627 upvotes
Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I applied online on September 25th and received my letter of confirmation including my credit card limit on October 3rd. My card finally came in on October 9th and I finally received my PIN on October 14th.

Overall, the process took ~3 weeks.

I've started using it yesterday, already see my points in my account this morning (36250 points)...

Also, since I applied via GCR, I can confirm that I received my 75$ credit in my GCR account within 1 week. I have requested my cheque which will be mailed on December 15th.

The card came in a nice package with the travel tags. Very nice package I must say.

This card will be my main spending card and I expect to use full 2% as I do travel at least 2 times a year + many hotels... My goal is to wait and redeem once every year or year and a half to pay for a full trip..

My wife also applied for her own card and also received 35000 points which we will transfer to my account for a total of 350 + 350 + 75 + 75 = 850$ - 240$ (annuel fees) = 610$

So we're already at 610$ for just applying ;-)

Can't wait to start using this card more!!
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Too bad you didn't refer your wife to GCR you would have gotten a an extra bonus of 11.25$ (15% of 75$).
SpykeYs wrote: Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I applied online on September 25th and received my letter of confirmation including my credit card limit on October 3rd. My card finally came in on October 9th and I finally received my PIN on October 14th.

I've started using it yesterday, already see my points in my account this morning (36250 points)...

Also, since I applied via GCR, I can confirm that I received my 75$ credit in my GCR account within 1 week. I have requested my cheque which will be mailed on December 15th.

The card came in a nice package with the travel tags. Very nice package I must say.

This card will be my main spending card and I expect to use full 2% as I do travel at least 2 times a year + many hotels... My goal is to wait and redeem once every year or year and a half to pay for a full trip..

My wife also applied for her own card and also received 35000 points which we will transfer to my account for a total of 350 + 350 + 75 + 75 = 850$ - 240$ (annuel fees) = 610$

Dec 22, 2007
924 posts
627 upvotes
Actually, yes I did ;-)

I guess I was just too laze to mention it.

GCR got 1 x 75$ and 1 x 86.25$ + 2 x 2$ (for signing up for their newsletter)

I'm getting closer to a trip to Vegas! Just another year of intense purchases on my Capital One World Aspire and that should do the trick..
razrez wrote: Too bad you didn't refer your wife to GCR you would have gotten a an extra bonus of 11.25$ (15% of 75$).
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
SpykeYs wrote: Hello everyone,

You got the $75 within 1 week of applying of 1 week of getting the card? I got my card in the same package as you on Tuesday and got my PIN today, card is set up, plan on buying something with it today so I can get the welcome points ASAP. Still showing my $2 joining balance in GCR, so just trying to figure out when I can expect that. I was approved online over 2 weeks ago while I got my approval letter about 8 days ago.

Also, reading the welcome package, I had no idea how many great benefits this card has for travel. Free travel cancellation, coverage for lost bags and they'll even pay for your living expenses / food if your flight is delayed 4 or more hours. That's a good card. I picked a good one
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I would't worry to much yet. They do say on GCR to wait 1 month after the application before contacting them about a cap1 card.

I got 2 different experiences with GCR on 2 seperate appliactions. First time the 75$ showed up a few days after the application, second time it took a good 2 weeks to show up as a future rebate but with no amount associated. I'm about to receive the pin in the mail so maybe when I activated it it will finally show the 75$.

Cjohnson202 wrote: You got the $75 within 1 week of applying of 1 week of getting the card? I got my card in the same package as you on Tuesday and got my PIN today, card is set up, plan on buying something with it today so I can get the welcome points ASAP. Still showing my $2 joining balance in GCR, so just trying to figure out when I can expect that. I was approved online over 2 weeks ago while I got my approval letter about 8 days ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
razrez wrote: I would't worry to much yet. They do say on GCR to wait 1 month after the application before contacting them about a cap1 card.

I got 2 different experiences with GCR on 2 seperate appliactions. First time the 75$ showed up a few days after the application, second time it took a good 2 weeks to show up as a future rebate but with no amount associated. I'm about to receive the pin in the mail so maybe when I activated it it will finally show the 75$.
Actually just noticed this on my account:

Future Rebates
Pending due to travel completion, Credit Card approval or Subscription fulfillment. *1
Click Date Posting Date Merchant Tracking ID Amount
2014-09-28 2014-10-03 Capital One® Aspire Cash™ Platinum MasterCard®
Subtotal: $0.00

So it'll arrive eventually, I'm no longer worried
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2748 upvotes
Vancouver
A friend of mine just applied via GCR. There is a line in the online application re

Referral Program
Check this box if you have a referral ID

Anybody know what that's about?

Also how long are people waiting before reapplying for this card after cancelling it?
Nov 25, 2006
20 posts
4 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Also how long are people waiting before reapplying for this card after cancelling it?
I had to wait 10 business days after I cancelled my application before I was able to reapply.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2748 upvotes
Vancouver
volldez wrote: I had to wait 10 business days after I cancelled my application before I was able to reapply.
10 days? Wow. I assume you got approved? It's been almost 7 months since I cancelled so I guess I am OK.

Thanks.
Aug 21, 2014
662 posts
360 upvotes
How do they handle the redemption of all inclusive vacations i.e. Mexico?

For example, if the vacation is $1,500 each for my wife and I so $3,000 total. Will Capital One they allow me to split the charges to redeem for one $1,500?

Capital One was sure that I split the charges on my flight to Toronto last year, which would have resulted in a huge waste of points due to tiering.
Aug 21, 2014
662 posts
360 upvotes
I am not talking about the merchant splitting the charge, I had a flight to TO for $800 two people. During Capital One redemption they asked the # travellers, I said 2, then it would hae been $400 each to credit, huge waste of points in my opinion.

Therefore if I book two all inclusives for a total of $3,000, how will Cap One ask me to split this i.e. flights, hotels, etc. I don't think it can be split like that. It should be consistent where they ask # travellers, and then I can use $1,500 of points on a $1,500 single traveller's expense. Yay or nay?
Aug 21, 2014
662 posts
360 upvotes
Quote from original post:

[QUOTE]For airline travel only you can split your expenditure into up to 10 tickets.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I did not have to split the $800 airline charge for two tickets $400/each? Cap One asked the # of passengers and of course I was truthful.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1001 posts
373 upvotes
Calgary
How can you slit the tickets up to 10 ? Do you have to call Cap One before buying the tickets ?
Jun 9, 2006
836 posts
85 upvotes
Thornhill
claudiu_corbea wrote: How can you slit the tickets up to 10 ? Do you have to call Cap One before buying the tickets ?
It's on the website when you redeem the points. If it is for flights, you have the option to do this, I don't think you can for any other types of travel expense.
Dec 14, 2007
279 posts
228 upvotes
Brossard
What is the best welcome bonus that people are getting? I've read about the $75 bonus from GCR and the 35000 points. Has there been a better deal?
Jul 4, 2012
238 posts
51 upvotes
chico_001 wrote: What is the best welcome bonus that people are getting? I've read about the $75 bonus from GCR and the 35000 points. Has there been a better deal?
If you don't have a RFD account, get a referral and he will get 15% of all your cashbacks.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
jetsfan69 wrote: Quote from original post:

Maybe I did not have to split the $800 airline charge for two tickets $400/each? Cap One asked the # of passengers and of course I was truthful.
Of course. So what is your question?
Nov 24, 2011
12 posts
WATERLOO
Hi, to anyone who just got this card or got a replacement card recently, what colour is the stripe on the back of your card? I was just wondering because my original card had a black stripe but this replacement has a silver one and it just seemed strange and I was curious lol.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
xshaddowsinx wrote: Hi, to anyone who just got this card or got a replacement card recently, what colour is the stripe on the back of your card? I was just wondering because my original card had a black stripe but this replacement has a silver one and it just seemed strange and I was curious lol.
Mine is silver and was issued over 3 years ago iirc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)