Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 12:00 am
Sep 17, 2007
458 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
For the Corporate $60 plan the authorized dealer indicated that the plan will show up as $75 - $15 discount = $60 on the invoice. Is this the same for everyone? Is there a difference between going through Rogers Business Account versus an authorized dealer? Would calling Rogers directly necessitate the need for MSD code? The authorized dealer didn't ask for it; simply proof of employment.
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
lekkel wrote: For the Corporate $60 plan the authorized dealer indicated that the plan will show up as $75 - $15 discount = $60 on the invoice. Is this the same for everyone? Is there a difference between going through Rogers Business Account versus an authorized dealer? Would calling Rogers directly necessitate the need for MSD code? The authorized dealer didn't ask for it; simply proof of employment.
Thanks.
I'm always wary of such tactics.

60 bucks is always better than 75-15.

Look what has happened lately. Seems that many people have lost their credits that they have enjoyed in the past.

I would think that it's a much easier power play for Rogers to take away "credits" than change plans or force customers to change plans or "adopt" new ones.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who gave up their $52 Corp plan in order to upgrade with their $60 plan is going to regret this fervently.

The authorized reseller has told me that it will show up at $75 - $15 (credit) = $60 plan. This is very important to note, because all they have to do is tell you that they will pull your credit (at any moment in your contract or after your contract) and suddenly you are at a $75 plan. You have no recourse, because you were told it was 75-15 as well as the fact that your "plan" didn't change, just your goodwill credits.

I've pointed out this before and I'll say it again. Anyone who gave up their $52 corp plan is a fool.

If you absolutely must upgrade because you cannot afford that shiny new iPhone 6 without a contract, upgrade with Telus Corp Plans. They have no credits, it's a simple $60 plan.

Edit: Oh yes, you're never gonna get that old $52 plan back. You know the one with enough voice, long distance calling, text, and 6GB of data.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Absolutely agree. NEVER give up your old 6gb plan as you will not get it back. Save a few hundreds now on the phone, and you will pay it back in a year. Besides, the credit usually expires after the contract ends. Given the trend now, plan is only getting more expensive, not the other way around.
Jan 27, 2014
115 posts
23 upvotes
I have the $20 talk/text X2 lines. What a steal. For all out there who are attempting the upgrade with the 50 $ plan..... One word greedy.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
Phelge wrote: For all out there who are attempting the upgrade with the 50 $ plan..... One word greedy.
I don't think people are being greedy for trying to renew their contracts? Rogers is still making a killing even at that price. For those who got lucky and were able to renew, all the more power to them, everyone should at least try.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
Anikiri wrote: If you absolutely must upgrade because you cannot afford that shiny new iPhone 6 without a contract, upgrade with Telus Corp Plans. They have no credits, it's a simple $60 plan.
Possibly a port-in credit too. With the way Rogers has treated us lately (the attempted in-contract $2/month voice increase) and the potential $5 increase on the 6gb of data, if I lose my plan for whatever reason, I'm running to Telus as fast as I can.
Jan 4, 2014
567 posts
84 upvotes
Phelge wrote: I have the $20 talk/text X2 lines. What a steal. For all out there who are attempting the upgrade with the 50 $ plan..... One word greedy.
Yeah, people should pay whatever Rogers asks for. Let's not be greedy and give them all what they ask for. What logic!
Sep 17, 2007
458 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone talk to Rogers' Business Accounts and was told that you can only have one Corporate account/company code applied per account holder? Not even for spouse, etc.
I know it may be YMMV but I am just a bit worried since I want to get 2 accounts. Hoping that there is a way to get around this somehow if they give me a hard time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
This maybe new as many people have multiple lines under the same account. Probably YMMV but you should call and ask first.
lekkel wrote: Did anyone talk to Rogers' Business Accounts and was told that you can only have one Corporate account/company code applied per account holder? Not even for spouse, etc.
I know it may be YMMV but I am just a bit worried since I want to get 2 accounts. Hoping that there is a way to get around this somehow if they give me a hard time.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
lekkel wrote: Did anyone talk to Rogers' Business Accounts and was told that you can only have one Corporate account/company code applied per account holder? Not even for spouse, etc.
You are technically not allowed to have more than 1 account. However, if you go with the Authorized Reseller of Rogers Wireless, they will be able to add more lines. They will even do this for your spouses. Of course you have to use current Corp Plans such as the $60 or $75 plans.

If you just call Rogers Business directly, they will not help you.

*Bell Corp Plans are still offering upgrades to any phone you want on their $52 plan
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: You are technically not allowed to have more than 1 account. However, if you go with the Authorized Reseller of Rogers Wireless, they will be able to add more lines. They will even do this for your spouses. Of course you have to use current Corp Plans such as the $60 or $75 plans.

If you just call Rogers Business directly, they will not help you.

*Bell Corp Plans are still offering upgrades to any phone you want on their $52 plan

my sister is a nurse, can she just call in to bell business and get this or does she need to speak to HR first?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: my sister is a nurse, can she just call in to bell business and get this or does she need to speak to HR first?
Ontario Nurses can get this plan through their WorkPerks account.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: can you have more than one line?
Yes, if you contact the appropriate Bell Wireless Reseller, they are able to include up to 5 lines. They will have to be under your sister's name.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Yes, if you contact the appropriate Bell Wireless Reseller, they are able to include up to 5 lines. They will have to be under your sister's name.
Great, uhm well she logged in and the dealer is worldlinxwireless but the plans that show are a crap $22 plan with 200 mins..i dont see the plans you mentioned.

Even when i go to their website, your plans dont show up
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: Great, uhm well she logged in and the dealer is worldlinxwireless but the plans that show are a crap $22 plan with 200 mins..i dont see the plans you mentioned.

Even when i go to their website, your plans dont show up
Then she is not eligible. Simple as that.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Then she is not eligible. Simple as that.
Alright would she get better luck calling bell business? It's weird shes eligible for rogers corp but not bell corp..
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: Alright would she get better luck calling bell business? It's weird shes eligible for rogers corp but not bell corp..
Bell Business won't deal with her. Bell works the same way as Telus, they sell corp plans through resellers. She can try contacting the reseller and see what they say. But if it's not there, then it's probably not going to happen.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)