Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[BB/FS] Dynex 40" LED TV - 249.99 f/s

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2015 11:19 am
Tags:
None
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC

[BB/FS] Dynex 40" LED TV - 249.99 f/s

Just saw this tv on sale for $249.99 (not including EHF and taxes).

BB- http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dyn ... 678e5aen02
FS - http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... be7666en02

Seems like it's similar to this TV model (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... 7dad1fen02) that was popular with RFD when it was $299.99 with Chromecast, back in September. [bb-fs-insignia-40-1080p-60hz-led-hdtv-n ... -1559997/]

Edit - Grabbed one, wondering if there would be better deals come end of December.... hm.... :confused:
27 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
This seems like a pretty good deal surprised it's not getting more interest.
Aug 9, 2012
84 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Do you mean better deals than $250 for a decent TV? Yah good luck with that unless you get in on a stellar price error. Talking about price errors, I'm still sad that no one got the PS4 for $3. OP was too nice, I would have gotten it first and then posted it on RFD as I know the RFD effect can kill a deal in its sleep.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes
abdilatif416 wrote: Do you mean better deals than $250 for a decent TV? Yah good luck with that unless you get in on a stellar price error. Talking about price errors, I'm still sad that no one got the PS4 for $3. OP was too nice, I would have gotten it first and then posted it on RFD as I know the RFD effect can kill a deal in its sleep.
someone did, not letting me link the pic for some reason

He ordered 2 but one with a dualshock4 and that was the one accepted
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
abdilatif416 wrote: Do you mean better deals than $250 for a decent TV?
I guess I was wondering if the price of this unit would drop lower than $250, closer to $200. Since both Dynex and Insignia are BB brands, one would think they could discount them more than other brands they carry.
Temp. Banned
Sep 18, 2012
1355 posts
239 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Finite wrote: I guess I was wondering if the price of this unit would drop lower than $250, closer to $200. Since both Dynex and Insignia are BB brands, one would think they could discount them more than other brands they carry.
maybe not I'm guessing since LG and Samsung make their own pannels and a ***** load more than "dynex" would they might actually cost a lot less to make
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: im in the market for a 40 incher, but am leaning towards the haier 40" at costco for $299. a nice modern slim bezel is worth the extra $50 to me.

http://www.costco.ca/Haier-40D3505-40-i ... 20255.html (my local store has this for $299)
actually, taking a closer look, they might be similar in bezel size. I've seen the haier in person, i'll take a look at the dynex tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
1080p 40 inch TV's for under $350. This is crazy to me.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1980 posts
603 upvotes
toronto
Oscar11 wrote: actually, taking a closer look, they might be similar in bezel size. I've seen the haier in person, i'll take a look at the dynex tomorrow.
its got like 2ms better response time, better for games. I like the style of that tv.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Looks like we have a convention of bored BB/FS employees here with nothing better to do than hype-up their stores' latest overpriced offering.

Target currently have a 40-incher for $200 in their latest flyer, and even had a $120 deal on BF. And while those may not have been top-notch brands, they're likely little different from Dynex, BB/FS' own cheapo-quality house brand. (All sourced for Chinese factories no doubt). By comparison $250 is no deal at all.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Oct 13, 2013
406 posts
56 upvotes
Chomedey, QC
anyone has this one or the haier? I need one that doesn't take an eternity to turn on. I hate my dynex 32" whom always has a red light, and then it disapears when you turn it on, but you can't say if you clicked their crappy remote correctly or not until it turns on.
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
Tornado F2 wrote: Target currently have a 40-incher for $200 in their latest flyer, and even had a $120 deal on BF. And while those may not have been top-notch brands, they're likely little different from Dynex, BB/FS' own cheapo-quality house brand. (All sourced for Chinese factories no doubt). By comparison $250 is no deal at all.
I was looking for that 40" BF deal, I think it was the Element brand?
For the $200 deal, I think it was the Magnavox 40", USA Target site for reference. (http://www.target.com/p/magnavox-40-cla ... A-16365183)

Does anyone have any experience between Magnavox, Element and Insignia/Dynex? I'll admit, they are all sub-brands compared to the major brands (Sony, Samsung, LG, etc) out there.
From what I've read online, Magnavox and Insignia/Dynex have certain models that do well and certain ones that are a complete flop. Some consumer guides recommend judging them on a model to model basis, and also warn that panel types/quality might also change from year to year (I'm guessing different batches then) so a lot of buyer diligence needed here.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
We've got a Dynex 39" in the bedroom. One of the best TVs we've got. Picture is great, and speakers are a notch above anything else we have. Usually with these flat panel TVs I find you need a sound system or it's like listening to someone talk in a tin can - not the Dynex.

And no, I don't work at FS / BB LOL! Pretty amusing post though.
Reserved for future time travellers
May 19, 2009
72 posts
29 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: actually, taking a closer look, they might be similar in bezel size. I've seen the haier in person, i'll take a look at the dynex tomorrow.
Oscar11, I am in the same boat as you. thinking of the $300 Haier, mainly for the good return policy and extra year warranty. What did you think of the Dynex and which way did you go?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
with the $40 ehf tax on any normal-sized tv, I like to spend a bit more to lower the "price-per-ehf tax" ratio, and get something with at least some quality - I bought one of the last 40" samsung eh5000 in-store units when fs/bb dropped the price to $369 (used to be $849, then $699, then $599) and it's a nice little unit for the price. very thin bezel too and a better picture than cheapo brands.

[IMG]http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consum ... 00x600.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/ ... f52d39en02
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Finite wrote: I was looking for that 40" BF deal, I think it was the Element brand?
For the $200 deal, I think it was the Magnavox 40", USA Target site for reference. (http://www.target.com/p/magnavox-40-cla ... A-16365183)

Does anyone have any experience between Magnavox, Element and Insignia/Dynex? I'll admit, they are all sub-brands compared to the major brands (Sony, Samsung, LG, etc) out there.
From what I've read online, Magnavox and Insignia/Dynex have certain models that do well and certain ones that are a complete flop. Some consumer guides recommend judging them on a model to model basis, and also warn that panel types/quality might also change from year to year (I'm guessing different batches then) so a lot of buyer diligence needed here.
It's not the brand on the front that counts, but the factory which it came from. I recall comparing a Citizen TV with a Toshiba one years ago and it as clear they were identical other than badge and colour. And of course price. Ditto for a Samsung VCR which was alongside pricier Toshiba and Sony models - the only obvious difference was the front panel. I have Toshiba and Venturer HD DVD players, and again they are identical other than the faceplate. Even the remotes are interchangeable. You just need to have the tech know-how/detail recognition to identify the true clones.

BTW, for all those brand-conscious Apple buyers out there, you should check out the BBC report on the Chinese factory that churns them out. It seems that despite Apple's promises to the contrary workers there are still expected to work over 60 hours/week, and many workers are falling asleep on the job. So much for that perception of "quality" that you're paying those sweatshop owners for. No overpriced Apple products for me thanks! :)
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
sure, but it rarer to find a direct clone, and far more likely to get an inferior piece of electronics. back the day, dynex used to be lg and pretty good overall, but right now they more likely based on sanyo, sansui, emerson, funai or some other off-brand unit.

I bought more than one dynex tvs and they're below-average overall, with washed-out colours, poor image menu options, and weird sansui/sanyo/emerson remote codes (hint, hint). usable for sure, but the samsung I posted above puts it to shame and that only cost me a few dollars more.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
zapperman wrote: Oscar11, I am in the same boat as you. thinking of the $300 Haier, mainly for the good return policy and extra year warranty. What did you think of the Dynex and which way did you go?
went to my local BB and FS, and neither had them in stock or on display... will probably end up getting the haier. just waiting for this weeks flyers to confirm there isnt a better deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)