Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Monster Digital 32GB USB3.0 (80MB/s) Phone/Tablet OTG USB Flash Drive - $15

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2014 1:04 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: It says up to 70m/s. thats onli 10m/s slower than the monster one in this thread. are u sure used a usb3.0 port?
read is 70, but write is 15 for the Kingston.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Akizuki wrote: It says up to 70m/s. thats onli 10m/s slower than the monster one in this thread. are u sure used a usb3.0 port?
Kingston specs: "Maximum Write Speed: 15 MBps"
I can confirm that spec is correct.

The Monster Digital one does not specify write speed, so it might not be much better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure that it can't be used at both ends simultaneously and it would probably damage something. There's no conceivable reason why you would do that!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
gves02 wrote: Not available for in store pick up. Even if you ship to the store, it's still $15 shipping...why?
Are they taking a page out of Sears book? Sheesh. I hate paying for shipping to a store. The Source doesn't do it that way, they offer free shipping to the store. Sears calls it an administration fee though, but it seems silly to me for them to make a paying customer (who essentially pays their wages by purchasing goods) has to pay for administration outright when an item is shipped to a store. Re: Staples delivery free over $45, can you tack on an itunes card, or xbox live card, if you use those? No need to go back in for any returns that way.

That being said, I really like using my meenova with a micro sd card, it is very small indeed. http://www.meenova.com/ $13 USD includes shipping. You can also purchase something similar on ebay but it is big. Those ones are only $1.50 or so.

Edited: I should add, I am not certain, but do tablets/phones need to be rooted to use a meenova? I was using stickmount with mine, my tablet at the time I was using it on, was a rooted tablet. Seems to me that in order for the device to be seen by the phone or tablet, that it may need to be rooted. Can anyone answer this? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
jory29 wrote: Re: Staples delivery free over $45, can you tack on an itunes card, or xbox live card, if you use those? No need to go back in for any returns that way.
Didn't think about this work-around. Hope they sell Google Play cards. Want to use this on my T100 and avoid bringing my OTG cable. The keyboard has a regular USB port, but I try to avoid using the keyboard as much as possible.

Update: Didn't see any Google play cards. But they did have Petro-Can and Esso gas cards. Always need gas.
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
792 upvotes
Woodbridge
Its good for movies download them directly from my phone to the USB then just plug the USB into my Ps3
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
does it come w OTG cable
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
398 upvotes
Edmonton
kiasu wrote: does it come w OTG cable
You don't need it, it's OTG-capable already. The body of the stick slides to reveal either the micro-usb end for your phone/tablet or a full-sized usb for your computer.
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1154 posts
405 upvotes
Victoria
Got 2 Langford store (8 left) OP thanked!!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
geotr wrote: The otg drives have not worked with nexus devices. I have a nexus 5 and it doens't recognize while samsung and lg work just fine. i think the os blocks it in nexus
correct its blocked but can be enabled with Stickmount app or similar. not perfect but better than nothing.

root may be needed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
This is what the Kingston one looks like on my Moto G. Imagine that huge Monster Digital one sticking out the bottom of the phone!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TO0Z5nW.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
JamesA1 wrote: This is what the Kingston one looks like on my Moto G. Imagine that huge Monster Digital one sticking out the bottom of the phone!
Thanks. I think I'm going to grab that one. Unless anyone else has a good recommendation?
May 25, 2008
381 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't know much about these OTG USB Flash Drive. Are these for Androids only or can they be used with BlackBerry Passport and/or Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 1020)?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
JamesA1 wrote: This is what the Kingston one looks like on my Moto G. Imagine that huge Monster Digital one sticking out the bottom of the phone!
I see what you're saying about the size, but whether it's this or the monster one, it's still something that's sticking out. And in terms of use-cases, I would presume you'd only want to stick in one of these sticks to either transfer files (which would mean you just remove it when you're done) or it you're watching a movie (so you'll be holding it pretty stationary or propping it down on a table). Personally, those would be my use-cases so I'd just want to make sure I get the one that's most reliable and faster (seems to be the monster one).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
my phone is micro-usb but this thing seem using the regular usb mouth..any pic?

so can this be used on S2X or OPO?
Vacillator wrote: You don't need it, it's OTG-capable already. The body of the stick slides to reveal either the micro-usb end for your phone/tablet or a full-sized usb for your computer.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
vomer wrote: what app is that?
That's just the standard Android Gallery app. It works with all the standard apps. Plug it in and the content on it appears in the related apps a few seconds later.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
kiasu wrote: my phone is micro-usb but this thing seem using the regular usb mouth..any pic?
Both the Monster Digital and the Kingston have the two connectors (full-size USB and microUSB) at opposite ends. The Kingston has a rotating plastic cap to cover the micro-USB end, but I just removed it as unnecessary. The Monster has a cover that slides back and forth I think - exposes full-size USB at one end or microUSB at the other end.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)