Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

OnePlus Anniversary Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2014 5:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
djpr wrote: Back to the discussion please or take it to the appropriate thread.
lol, sure thing buddy, sure thing!

I love my OnePlus and I highly recommend it. Coming from a Nexus 4 and my wife has a Nexus 5. Great phone at a great price!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
This phone is meant to people that don't need tech support and will be DIY
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: This phone is meant to people that don't need tech support and will be DIY
Agree, but parts aren't easy to come by. You basically have to contact oneplus if any issues even if you want to replace the parts yourself like a cracked screen.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7187 upvotes
Calgary
bendez wrote: For those who haven't done the research about RMA (like myself), I found the MOD's edit very helpful. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.
Hey, the moment something goes wrong with their phone and can't get RMA, I am sure TripleHelix will be on the other side bashing the company for the lack of customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: This phone is meant to people that don't need tech support and will be DIY
yep, i have to agree with you on this.
I have a Nexus 4 and wow, I can't keep track of the number of times its reboot itself, crashed, or had just bizarre things happen.
I've never called google for tech support.
I still love it though! why? I'm willing to put up with it because I paid a great price !

but I would never recommend such a phone for certain people, such as my aunt, who would have a heart attack every time something strange happened, lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
this.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
b166er1337 wrote: Hey, the moment something goes wrong with their phone and can't get RMA, I am sure TripleHelix will be on the other side bashing the company for the lack of customer service.
Until that happens, I guess we will never know! I am hopeful this will not happen though. Great device as of now and I am eagerly awaiting CM12 :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
Edit has been removed by the Mod. Thanks bi66er1337.

Order has been restored. Feel free to clean up all my posts in the thread which have nothing to do with the deal.
Dec 10, 2009
389 posts
139 upvotes
Edmonton
b166er1337 wrote: Hey, the moment something goes wrong with their phone and can't get RMA, I am sure TripleHelix will be on the other side bashing the company for the lack of customer service.
This is no longer about bashing the company. It's about the mod abusing his ability to hijack OP and creating a biased view in the OP.

I bought 2 OPOs and both are working great. I'm happy that I have no issues with both phones. Every manufacturer will have issues. Some will deal with it better than others. Oneplus is a new company (operating separately from OPPO) so they will have processes that require fine tuning. Rather making the impression that Oneplus is going to abandon you after you buy the phone, it should be indicated that their customer services is not on par with a more established vendor. There are customers reporting they have received good service. Therefore, creating an impression that you are SOL if you buy from Oneplus is extremely biased.

I don't know why bothered comparing the N5 to the OPO. I was speaking from actual user experience (N5, OPO, and Iphone 6). When an iphone 6 users says the OPO is like a plastic toy compared to the iphone 6, they obviously are not speaking from experience. Rather just speaking from assumptions. Please do not listen to reviews based on assumptions or people reading stuff off the internet. Reading things off the internet is one thing. Actually using the devices on a day to day bases is another.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1559 posts
1745 upvotes
bendez wrote: For those who haven't done the research about RMA (like myself), I found the MOD's edit very helpful. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.
The issue is that there are two sides of the argument but the Mod is only presenting one. It's a biased edit because the Mod took one side but failed to present the other.

That and also you rarely see mods edit an OP for a discussion point. I've seen plenty of threads with grey-market game keys on sale but no mods ever bother to edit the OP to say the keys might get your steam account banned.

To summarize why people take issue with this mod's edit:
1. It's not a fair presentation (biased opinions posted)
2. It's not across the board (doesn't happen to other deals)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
it was out of line for the mod considering his bias.

re-edit the OP as it originally were and move on

i have had 5 smart phones from many manufacturers and have never had to do an RMA or even request a customer service. i highly doubt i will be doing that with my OPO as there are no issues with it.

i feel like there are the same few sour apples that go into every OPO thread thrashing it. hell, you have one guy admitting to not even owning an OPO and is negatively commenting against the company/phone
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
djpr wrote: Agree, but parts aren't easy to come by. You basically have to contact oneplus if any issues even if you want to replace the parts yourself like a cracked screen.
I don't wanna sound like a dick but who cracks screens these days? Of my friends, it's all the technically-disinclined. Get a case and take care of your phone. I've never cracked a screen in 9+ years of having smartphones and I do drop it semi-frequently. Get a case.

This phone is money, so money it doesn't even know how money it is. Easily the best value on the market. I absolutely love my phone.
Sep 15, 2007
184 posts
66 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: I don't wanna sound like a dick but who cracks screens these days? Of my friends, it's all the technically-disinclined. Get a case and take care of your phone. I've never cracked a screen in 9+ years of having smartphones and I do drop it semi-frequently. Get a case.

This phone is money, so money it doesn't even know how money it is. Easily the best value on the market. I absolutely love my phone.
I think the term is 'accident'.
Aug 13, 2004
453 posts
172 upvotes
Wow so much hate in this thread. And lol @ mod editing the OP.
I've had my OPO for 4 months now and personally and not a single issue. The quality of the product is hands down one of the best smart phones I've used. I'm sure all companies will ocassiobally have issues with any of their products. Ignore the biased opinions online. There r bad reviews and comments for any companies out there. And for the price of this phone, there r not many out there that could compete.
All the "stay away from unknown Chinese companies" comments r ignorant. OPO and xiaomi are right up there in terms of quality if not better. OPO is only getting bigger and their CS is improving more and more everyday. Few of my buddies also have this phone and funny how none of them have any issues with it either.
Apr 2, 2010
775 posts
219 upvotes
Halifax
RightThurr wrote: Wow so much hate in this thread. And lol @ mod editing the OP.
I've had my OPO for 4 months now and personally and not a single issue. The quality of the product is hands down one of the best smart phones I've used. I'm sure all companies will ocassiobally have issues with any of their products. Ignore the biased opinions online. There r bad reviews and comments for any companies out there. And for the price of this phone, there r not many out there that could compete.
All the "stay away from unknown Chinese companies" comments r ignorant. OPO and xiaomi are right up there in terms of quality if not better. OPO is only getting bigger and their CS is improving more and more everyday. Few of my buddies also have this phone and funny how none of them have any issues with it either.
I wish I could say the same.

The issue is less folks saying the level of quality isn't up to snuff; the issue is more that if you do have an issue or get a problematic unit like I have, unlike a bigger brand with actual customer service, warranty, support etc, You're out of luck.
Jan 17, 2007
188 posts
65 upvotes
I just ordered a 64 after hearing lots of positive feedback from friends. Took a gamble on the shipping went with the more expensive USPS and hoping I don't get charged the full $60 as others were saying in the OPO forums. I also hesitated a couple times before clicking buy but it's such a low priced phone and the reviews are generally pretty great.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
freep wrote: I think the term is 'accident'.
As in they accidentally didn't buy a case?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mrnixxin wrote: I wish I could say the same.

The issue is less folks saying the level of quality isn't up to snuff; the issue is more that if you do have an issue or get a problematic unit like I have, unlike a bigger brand with actual customer service, warranty, support etc, You're out of luck.
What exactly is wrong with yours?
Nov 15, 2013
752 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Will we get this before the 25th? Probably in January I'm assuming?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)