Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Sealy Posturepedic mattress 249.00 king

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2015 4:05 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Syne wrote: As promised

While it's entertaining, it's also a waste of time. They're not obligated to do anything, it's in their legal terms. I just don't understand how they could have such a shoddy online system, imagine if Amazon had pricing errors this frequently. That said Amazon UK had a serious pricing error last month, thousands of items were listed at 1p, third party vendors lost 10,000s, Amazon honored some and cancelled others. But, here I think most people knew they were getting in on a pricing error that most likely wouldn't be honored, but what the heck, worth a shot. I don't think calling anybody would've made a difference (i.e. waste of time.)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2370 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
aviador wrote: What's the point of that video? to show that someone called Sears CS a zillion times (on the same day?) to inquire about the status of their order and got a different answer each time?

Why have RFDers become so pushy about forcing companies to honor pricing/description errors? PEs used to be a fun gamble before, now everybody seems entitled and demand compensation/honoring or else...
I bought one of the mattress at $248, had it not been for the $50 off coupon (which they advertised) it would have been $300+ for a mattress. You can hardly say buying a mattress for $300 is a price error when there are mattresses at the price.

Furthermore, being a big corp like Sears, they should be put to a higher standard. If every time a company can just cancel the orders and claim a price error, this would be subject to abuse. Think about all the traffic, advertisements, and perhaps getting you to buy more stuff along with the error they could get away with. Sure, they get a bit of bad press but you will quickly forget that when another silly sale/error comes again (thats the truth).
Life is short make it long
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
darkmagician wrote: I bought one of the mattress at $248, had it not been for the $50 off coupon (which they advertised) it would have been $300+ for a mattress. You can hardly say buying a mattress for $300 is a price error when there are mattresses at the price.

Furthermore, being a big corp like Sears, they should be put to a higher standard. If every time a company can just cancel the orders and claim a price error, this would be subject to abuse. Think about all the traffic, advertisements, and perhaps getting you to buy more stuff along with the error they could get away with. Sure, they get a bit of bad press but you will quickly forget that when another silly sale/error comes again (thats the truth).
The worst is that it took them almost a full business day (or a total of 20-ish hours) to fix their website. This is what makes it unacceptable.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Dec 23, 2007
96 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
devooolasvegas wrote: Agreed. Especially when there are clear legal terms and conditions on what will happen in the event of a price error.
These terms and conditions are not even legals under the Consumer protection law in Quebec. This law has priority under any company sales terms and conditions here.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
KMKM wrote: While it's entertaining, it's also a waste of time. They're not obligated to do anything, it's in their legal terms.
I think there is a general misunderstanding about legal terms. These are best-effort disclaimers put out by companies in an attempt to mitigate any potential legal trouble they may get in. They are not created with respect to consumer protection laws. They are a 'catch all', a line of defense against being sued. They don't prevent companies from being sued, nor can the contravene legislation in the places where these companies operate.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
mtseymourguy wrote: We all knew it was a price error so its sort of unethical to exploit.
"we all knew"? I'm afraid thats your opinion. When i bought the mattress, I thought it was a good deal, notified my parents and help them place the order it immediately. Price error didn't even cross my mind. I just care about paying it.

Can you say with absolute certainty that they didn't chicken out on a promotion? How about the 50% Zellers Facebook promo 2 years ago? Is it unethical after we believe it was a promotion gone wrong and they try hard to retract it? Is it unethical to press forward and insist when they won't honour the coupon and say its an error? I'm just surprise how easily you can sum it up with "unethical to exploit" in one sentence, when its a very, very complicated issue.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2370 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
eeto wrote: "we all knew"? I'm afraid thats your opinion. When i bought the mattress, I thought it was a good deal, notified my parents and help them place the order it immediately. Price error didn't even cross my mind. I just care about paying it.

Can you say with absolute certainty that they didn't chicken out on a promotion? How about the 50% Zellers Facebook promo 2 years ago? Is it unethical after we believe it was a promotion gone wrong and they try hard to retract it? Is it unethical to press forward and insist when they won't honour the coupon and say its an error? I'm just surprise how easily you can sum it up with "unethical to exploit" in one sentence, when its a very, very complicated issue.
Zellers even made a youtube video about the 50% off coupon, and asked ppl to not raid them. They didnt think about this ahead of time and bailed when they realized what they did.
Life is short make it long
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
djredhat wrote: The worst is that it took them almost a full business day (or a total of 20-ish hours) to fix their website. This is what makes it unacceptable.
Yup...deals were still live for a day later...and then send a promo email with the mattress bargains from sears
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2258 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto West
Good thing I kept that popcorn warm. Lets all hear about how no one saw this coming and how sears is evil and how we thought $2000 mattress sets were genuinely available for $250
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
Saw it coming just fine, which is why I am well armed to hold them accountable.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
Syne wrote: Saw it coming just fine, which is why I am well armed to hold them accountable.
I really like your spirit and your compiled video!
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2827 posts
512 upvotes
Montreal
KMKM wrote: While it's entertaining, it's also a waste of time. They're not obligated to do anything, it's in their legal terms. I just don't understand how they could have such a shoddy online system, imagine if Amazon had pricing errors this frequently. That said Amazon UK had a serious pricing error last month, thousands of items were listed at 1p, third party vendors lost 10,000s, Amazon honored some and cancelled others. But, here I think most people knew they were getting in on a pricing error that most likely wouldn't be honored, but what the heck, worth a shot. I don't think calling anybody would've made a difference (i.e. waste of time.)
Long-time RFDers know Amazon.ca used to have price errors like craaaazy.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
Mendes wrote: Good thing I kept that popcorn warm. Lets all hear about how no one saw this coming and how sears is evil and how we thought $2000 mattress sets were genuinely available for $250
Can you find me an RFD post about a $2000 mattress set?
Jun 6, 2013
372 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
Placed an order for two bed sets yesterday. Just received a call saying one set is cancelled because of OOS, the other set is good.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
kevin1983 wrote: Placed an order for two bed sets yesterday. Just received a call saying one set is cancelled because of OOS, the other set is good.
Which set was good?
Funny thing, the last time they had price screw ups...Sears cancelled the order and then a week later I get a call from the store...your order is ready to be picked up and even got a 50 dollar gift card to boot
Lol
Jun 6, 2013
372 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
airmail wrote: Which set was good?
SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Genevieve' Mix and
Match Independent Coil Series Euro Top Plush
Support Sleep Set - Queen/King
Item Number: 013 657 377 10

Hope sears is not lying to me :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
kevin1983 wrote: SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Genevieve' Mix and

It's funny...you go on additional reccommendations and all the low prices are still on their website

175. 200... Etc
Dec 3, 2006
530 posts
302 upvotes
Craven
I ordered the Tristan queen MM set and the MD Sarah MM set and as far as I know they're both on their way.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
477 upvotes
Oakville
kevin1983 wrote: SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Genevieve' Mix and

I bought this set yesterday and end up cancelled: SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Genevieve'Mix and Match Independent Coil Series Tight Top Firm Support Sleep Set - Queen/King. $300-50=$250. very similar to yours. The reason to cancel was I asked two different CSR and a customer service (don't know what is the difference) and they both said this sleep set comes with one foundation (FDN) only, no mattress. Just becareful.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
Yikes and here I am - we (my wife and I) spend $2,100+ on a Queen mattress on Sunday *sigh*

ashamed to be a RFD'er.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)