Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shop.ca

$50 off $125 when pay with PayPal (targeted offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2015 3:40 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
alanbrenton wrote: Thanks for the succinct explanation Jay. I guess so long as the product is covered by the manufacturer based on purchase date, then all is fine. :)
Well, yes and no... because even a "damaged" battery will still work correctly, and will probably not "fail" (according to the UPS definition of failure) while under the warranty period... you will just have to replace the battery sooner than if you bought a fresh one. I'm also fairly certain that APC warranty, like most, requires you to send back the 'defective' merchandise and with a heavy battery which is just not economically feasible for anybody.

Bottom line is, buy UPS in-store when you can so you can pick the fresh one off the shelf or at the very least buy online from a store that has a convenient brick and mortar location to exchange if needed. The last one I got was from FS online, it was like 9+ months old when delivered... I still had to go to the store and exchange it, and found one there that was only manufactured 2 months prior.
BATTERY SHELF LIFE
In general, when lead acid batteries of any type are stored in a discharged condition for extended periods of time, lead sulfate is formed on the negative plates of the batteries. This phenomenon s referred to as “sulfation”.

Since the lead sulfate acts as an insulator, it has a direct detrimental effect on charge acceptance. The more advanced the sulfation, the lower the charge acceptance.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1128 posts
276 upvotes
Geez...i didn't think it would take that long to find something to buy...but after searching high and low for the past couple of days I found something that may be worthwhile to some of you.

I wanted to take advantage of the $80 off coupon, so I knew I had to find something $350+, but a lot of their items seem overpriced or not even available on their site, for example, lots of camera accessories. Anyways, I found the newest generation of KRK studio monitors going for $179(Usually sells for $199); they also have the limited edition white colour too, which I picked up.

In summary:

$179 x 2 = $358
Plus tax = $46.54 (ON)
Minus $80 coupon and $50 = $274.54 ($137.27/each)

Great monitors for DJ'ing and they seems to be a good upgrade from the last generations based on reviews. I also went through my Aeroplan account vs the Ebates to sweeten the deal (Aeroplan® Members can earn 1 mile per $1 spent year-round at SHOP.CA. Plus, earn 800 bonus miles on your first purchase of $99 or more. Distinction™ members can earn 2 miles per $1 spent (1 base mile PLUS 1 Distinction bonus mile).)

Happy shopping!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Any good deal for ultrasonic humidifier? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Dec 25, 2011
62 posts
51 upvotes
aZian_ wrote: so I buy $125 worth of gift cards, then use that gift card to buy my $99 price product using ebates?

I've never used ebates on purchases made with gift cards, ebates will still qualify if i pay $0 on second purchase?
I'm curious about this as well, would Ebates count on the subtotal or on the total paid after gift cards are applied? They seem to count as store credit and reduce the order total.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote: Shop.ca didn't open yesterday. I've had my cash back clawed back three times personally when I tried to combine with other promotions.

I feel as though I should warn people as the original post suggests that you will receive cash back, which is clearly false.

Sorry for being so "freaking pessimistic" but I, for one, would want to be warned if I was purchasing based on bad information in the first post.
That bad info cost me my order. Found out you can't reapply PayPal credit if you return the item to reorder with the Facebook code. The best option was to apply all three, Paypal, Facebook and ebates, knowing ebates won't likely go thru.
Nov 29, 2008
56 posts
18 upvotes
Markham
it says:"Oops... Something is broken eh. The page you were looking for doesn't exist anymore or maybe has moved."

anybody have the same problem?
Feb 10, 2009
512 posts
162 upvotes
I bought the DISNEY INFINITY - CAPTAIN AMERICA CHARACTER BUNDLE ($41.97), Magformers 30 Pc Rainbow Set ($49.49) and the Pyle (PSWP4BK) Waterproof Neckband Headphones with Built-in MP3 Player for Swimming & Water Sports (74.97).
I used the $20 off $50 from FB and the $50 of $125 from Paypal. Ebates didn't work because of the FB coupon.
Thanks Shop.ca!
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1100 posts
236 upvotes
bought the WII U blundle. OOS now. but came up $305, with 3 games and the extra pro controler. Great deals.
BTW I did not use Ebates, just used the $80 coupon.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
kashwashwa wrote: Just bought a Samsung 250GB EVO SSD

Item Subtotal: $179.99
Shipping: FREE SHIPPING
Tax: $23.40
Credit Used: - $32.21 (had 12.21, plus $20 facebook coupon)
Your Price: $171.18
PayPal Special Offer - $50.00
After PayPal Offer: $121.18

Seems pretty good for this SSD.
got this too, super fast
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
So I got my order delivered today, have to say Shop.ca has been good to me with shipping. Decently packaged, quick order fulfillment and delivery.

I got a 8GB stick of Crucial RAM (1600 @ CAS 11 unfortunately, but it will do for now, should be on par with 1333 @ CAS 9) and Logitech MK120 keyboard & mouse combo, plus a small useless filler item. Just slightly over $75 all in.

RAM passed a quick memtest pass, but will test it out more later. RAM seems to be quite new, made in September 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Desperately needed 8GB as my Kingston 8GB 1600 @ CAS 10 stick seems to have failed after 2 years, so I plan to RMA it soon but needed a replacement in the meantime.

1 odd thing is that both items were packaged in a single package, but are supposedly from 2 different suppliers. My filler came super early last Friday however.

So very happy for this promotion, just in time.
Oct 3, 2007
168 posts
183 upvotes
Bought the following:

109.99 Cusinart 3 piece set (Chopper, Immersion Blender, and Hand Mixer)
49.49 Magformers 30 piece set
-20.00 FB promo
-14.18 Shop.ca Credit that I had
-50.00 PayPal promo
-9.61 Cash Back from Ebates

Total after tax & promos = $86.42

:)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Hatsuto wrote: Updated
I've received email from PayPal this February 18th morning regarding $50 off $125 promo. Check again if you are eligible.
Also, ebates is currently at 20% cash back.

You can combine one of the following to maximize your discount:
- $20 off $50 (facebook coupon) + $50 off $125 (PayPal offer)
- $10 off $40 (ReMeNot coupon) + $50 off $125 (PayPal offer)
- $80 off $350 (ReMeNot coupon) + $50 off $125 (PayPal offer)
- ebates 20% (cash back) + $50 off $125 (PayPal offer)
- All gift cards get discounts when you use $50 off $125 (PayPal offer). Invalid with ebates/other coupons.

Facebook coupons $20 off $50 are here.
#PLAYHAPPY Oilers Fans!
#PLAYHAPPY Raptors Fans!
#PLAYHAPPY Sens Fans!

For ReMeNot coupons, please do yourself a favour and google search "Shop.ca promo code", there you find the coupons. I'm not allowed to post them here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Story

Upon checking my PayPal account, I noticed that I got an offer from PayPal. Simply shop online at Shop.ca $125.00 or above will get $50 off once from February 18, 2015 to March 8, 2015. I have not received any email from PayPal about this matter yet. But you can check if you got the offer by simply login to your PayPal account and check on Wallet tap to see if you have the offer. I believe this is also another targeted offer.

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee27 ... zuyl9f.png[/IMG]

Terms and conditions

You will receive a discount on your next purchase when you use PayPal and spend the minimum purchase amount at the participating website ("Offer"). The minimum purchase amount must be achieved after any SHOP.CA Credits and/or discounts are applied. Offer valid at the participating website from 12:01 AM EST on the start date through 11:59 PM EST on the expiration date stated on the Offer. Discount will be applied to merchandise after all applicable taxes have been added and will be subtracted from your total at checkout. To apply this Offer, you must a) create or have a Canadian PayPal account in good standing, b) receive an email from PayPal providing the Offer or view an Offer banner on PayPal.ca, c) complete an eligible purchase at a participating website using your PayPal account, and d) complete your purchase using PayPal no later than 11:59 PM EST on the Offer expiration date. The Offer excludes gift certificate payments and gift card purchases. Other exclusions may apply. If you seek a full refund for a purchase that applied the Offer, the full refund amount will be provided subject to the merchant's refund policy. If a partial refund is provided, you will receive the partial refund amount minus the Offer value. If an Offer is included in your refund, the Offer is still subject to its expiration date. Offer valid in Canada and cannot be combined with any other coupon, offer, discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash. Void where prohibited. Offer may not be available when network connectivity between the merchant and PayPal is unavailable.
Yup, OP is definitely wrong. I called Shop.ca, and they confirmed you can't use PayPal with ebates. OP, please correct your post before you screw anymore people.
Apr 26, 2014
531 posts
539 upvotes
Ontario
KMKM wrote: Yup, OP is definitely wrong. I called Shop.ca, and they confirmed you can't use PayPal with ebates. OP, please correct your post before you screw anymore people.
I have never experience issues when combined ebate with Paypal promo yet. Last time, I also did that and got some money back from cash back. No problem at all. Unless, someone can really confirm it that he/she has already experience this issue about claw back when using ebates with PayPal promo. Until then, I'm not going to update OP. I'm not saying that I'm confident that I'm correct either, but it's just the terms and conditions here are vague. There are loopholes and exploits to be found.
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Over 207,566 views and only 193 thumbs up lol at least give the OP some credit if you have benefited
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Hatsuto wrote: I have never experience issues when combined ebate with Paypal promo yet. Last time, I also did that and got some money back from cash back. No problem at all. Unless, someone can really confirm it that he/she has already experience this issue about claw back when using ebates with PayPal promo. Until then, I'm not going to update OP. I'm not saying that I'm confident that I'm correct either, but it's just the terms and conditions here are vague. There are loopholes and exploits to be found.

At least advise people in your OP to use the Facebook promo vs. the cash back (or in conjunction with the cash back on the off chance that it might actually work) because the cash back is, from the sound of it, far from guaranteed. That way at least they don't waste the $20 because they're under the impression they're going to get a higher cash back return.

Maxpower19, has told you he's had his cash back clawed back 3 times. Although he hasn't provided any proof of it.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Sickdeals wrote: Over 207,566 views and only 193 thumbs up lol at least give the OP some credit if you have benefited
That's funny, I'd give him a thumbs down if I could for giving me false info.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
KMKM wrote: That's funny, I'd give him a thumbs down if I could for giving me false info.
OP never had any malicious intent; ease off the flak.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Sickdeals wrote: Over 207,566 views and only 193 thumbs up lol at least give the OP some credit if you have benefited
207,556 consists mostly of lurkers who can't "thank" unless they have an RFD account. Lots of people couldn't find anything useful to buy so they didn't take advantage of the deal either.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)