• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2015 5:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
When I was in the grocery store one day some old ladies were talking about the butter saying that "Oh, it's not 2.50 yet. That's when you buy it for baking". Knowing that they probably watch these things like a hawk, I thought it might be true. After that, I noticed 2-3 times a year it comes on sale for 2.50 for a 1 pound brick. And I noticed the shelves go empty quickly when the sale is on.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: No frills regularly sells " I can't believe it's not butter " or Imperial for 1$ for 1 lb. 3$ a lb isn't a deal.
Jesus christ.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
psyko514 wrote: Unless it was past the best before date, you're imagining things. The price of 1 lb of butter hasn't been that low in decades.
It never has been that low since the Habs won the Stanley cup.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I bought one pound blocks of No Name butter today at Shoppers for $1.99 each; cheapest I've seen in a long time...don't know if they were clearing out excess stock or it was getting close to expiry.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: I bought one pound blocks of No Name butter today at Shoppers for $1.99 each; cheapest I've seen in a long time...don't know if they were clearing out excess stock or it was getting close to expiry.
I was going to mention this yellow label butter as well. I've seen it at No Frills for this price in the past.

Being No Name, and never tried it, wasn't sure it was up to the standard of the branded butter.

Anyone tried it before? Is it any good?
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: Next time I see it on sale I'll snap a pic. I'm almost certain I've seen them for 1$, on clear out.
Exactly, thats not a sale, its a clear out.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
gh05t wrote: I was going to mention this yellow label butter as well. I've seen it at No Frills for this price in the past.

Being No Name, and never tried it, wasn't sure it was up to the standard of the branded butter.

Anyone tried it before? Is it any good?
I don't buy a lot of No Name products, but butter is butter...it's not like they can substitute another ingredient to make it more cost effective. I just use it for baking, might a different story if I was spreading it on toast.

You can always buy it at RCSS or other Loblaws store that has a money back guarantee on their brands.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: No frills regularly sells " I can't believe it's not butter " or Imperial for 1$ for 1 lb. 3$ a lb isn't a deal.
I can easily believe it's not butter so it is actually a deal.
Mars2012 wrote: but butter is butter...it's not like they can substitute another ingredient to make it more cost effective.
They can change the butterfat percentage to make it cheaper.
But there is a minimum and most butter brands hit that minimum.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)