Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Brainsights study - watch 75 minutes of TV & get paid $40

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2015 1:21 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2011
243 posts
154 upvotes
TORONTO

Brainsights study - watch 75 minutes of TV & get paid $40

Deal Link:
Got this email:

Greetings fellow Brainiacs,

You’re invited to Canada’s Biggest Brain Scan! Over the course of 3 days, hundreds of Torontonians will have their brain waves measured as they watch TV for just over an hour. The results from this research will be used to shape the future of media, entertainment and communications.

Here’s how it will work:

Participants will don cutting edge wearable technology while they sit back, relax and watch 75 minutes of content. It’s safe, it’s wireless and it’s no more cumbersome than a pair of Beats by Dre headphones – it’s like a FitBit for your brain. If you want to know more about what it looks like, check it out on our website at www.brainsights.ca.

What’s in it for you?

Besides getting a chance to participate in record breaking research (we’re looking to smash our previous record for a study of this scale), you:
Get paid $40 in cash to watch 75 minutes of TV
Have a chance to win prizes on top of getting paid to watch TV
Gain access to a community that informs you on how to increase your brain health and power
Help drive the future of media, entertainment and communications
Some rules:
You must be 19-34 years in age (Millennials only).
You must bring a ticket for your registered time slot with you.
You may only participate in one session.

Here’s how to apply: In order to participate, you must register your interest by completing the survey at www.yourbrainonads.ca/upcoming-events-participate. If you qualify, we will email a ticket to you through Eventbrite following survey completion. There will be approximately 300 open spots for the event and it will sell out, so register quickly!

Event details:

When: June 23rd, 24th & 25th – 75 minute time slots available from 6pm – 10pm daily. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time slot to sign in at registration. We will not be able to admit anyone who arrives after their scheduled time slot begins.

Where: University of Toronto – St. George Campus
Woodsworth College Residence – 321 Bloor Street W, Toronto
Closest TTC Subway Station: St. George
Rooms WO 20, WO 25 & WO 35 (downstairs)
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2234 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
got the email as well signed up and got ticket!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
What kind of shows are they playing? Or channel lol wasn't it $70 for the hockey games
is it free :cheesygri
Apr 27, 2015
117 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
thanks and got the email too. but i'm new to this and need some advice. what should i bring? do i need to show them my ID? because i'm in open work permit visa and my ID probably just health card and passport. also...should i report my income for this 40 dollar?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
HenniWang wrote: thanks and got the email too. but i'm new to this and need some advice. what should i bring? do i need to show them my ID? because i'm in open work permit visa and my ID probably just health card and passport. also...should i report my income for this 40 dollar?
lol srs?
Apr 27, 2015
117 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
petepw wrote: lol srs?
yup... i move to canada early this year and i'm not sure if i can be qualified to be in this study before. the reason i'm asking because i just don't wanna mess up with tax income on the future.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
501 wrote: What kind of shows are they playing? Or channel lol wasn't it $70 for the hockey games
Normally the shows are pretty terrible. They are typically pilots that didn't get picked up by the networks. Your reactions to the commercials in-between are what is really being measured.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Dec 29, 2012
101 posts
18 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
langong wrote: Please no XXX materials!
PLEASE YES to XXX Materials!
Jul 2, 2012
104 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks again - I also qualified and got my ticket (I completed survey an hour and half ago, so there may be a spot or two left right now if you qualify).
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2234 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone that has completed this today any feedback? what did you watch?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
XSnapSX wrote: Anyone that has completed this today any feedback? what did you watch?
2 hours of commercials! it was torture for me lol (personally i hate ads)

the head set was hurting my left ear :( everytime i would adjust it they would come over to fix it back maybe my head is too big for the thing
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
501 wrote: 2 hours of commercials! it was torture for me lol (personally i hate ads)

the head set was hurting my left ear :( everytime i would adjust it they would come over to fix it back maybe my head is too big for the thing
Really! I thought it was going to be a show with commercials in it, not just pure commercials. Hope I don't find asleep :lol:
Sep 8, 2014
88 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why are people saying two hours? It says 70 minutes of television. Huge difference between 70 vs 120
Let me know your experience!
Aug 16, 2011
243 posts
154 upvotes
TORONTO
Just finished this today. They played some funny youtube skit at the start and then it was pure ads, 90% of which you will see on television. Tons of beer, L'Oreal, Toyota RAV4, RBC, and political campaign ads.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Skyra22 wrote: Just finished this today. They played some funny youtube skit at the start and then it was pure ads, 90% of which you will see on television. Tons of beer, L'Oreal, Toyota RAV4, RBC, and political campaign ads.
Damn, that's like A Clockwork Orange kind of stuff! :cheesygri

The hockey was better though my ear lobe hurt after 3 hours. Got $75 plus food and pop. Damn this one was 19-34. Gosh I'm old. :(
Apr 4, 2010
390 posts
177 upvotes
It def was not 2 hours. They started the tape at 8.20pm in the group I participated in and it was over close to 9.30pm. You fill in a quick survey after the tape and you are free to go.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Yah not 2 hours, but so many hair ads. When they came on people got so irritated/agitated.
My favourite was the one about being Brown on a flight, then the UFC Budweiser experience, then the walking at same pace.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1070 posts
334 upvotes
Mississauga
pretty much all Commercials for about 1.5 hours. Got paid after viewing and completing small survey (banking, beer, and tires)

Too much hair, make up, and Gillette ads.

Went to Aka Teppan afterwards for their free Fries.

E-Coupon - hit reload if it doesn't load
http://tinyurl.com/pjqlvdn
Phone: Koodo LG G3

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)