Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

1/2" Torque Wrench - $17.77 - Hot

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2015 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1543 posts
147 upvotes
Bordak wrote: From Oct 6-18th
It's not listed on their website, so no link, but I attached a pic from the flyer starting this weekend.
Is the new flyer already out in their store? How much is the breaker bar under the torque wrench?
Dec 14, 2008
722 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Bordak wrote: This is a hot price, and if you change your own tires, this is a essential tool. If you don't use a torque measurement tool of some kind, you are doing it wrong, despite your anecdotal evidence to the contrary.
If you do any kind of mechanical work on your vehicle you should be using a torque wrench. Motorcycles especially. I use them for everything.
162 wrote: real mechanics use digital torque wrenches
As long as the device is properly calibrated it doesn't matter. This sentiment isn't really applicable.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
+1, also I'm sure there's lots of non-mech regular joes looking at this to change their tires
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
Bump, this sale starts tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
reyoasian wrote: no snap-on no care
Yes. A $400+ wrench is required for swapping wheels twice/year. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
162 wrote: real mechanics use digital torque wrenches
real mechanics use whatever tool gets the job done quickly/consistently/accurately and has the lowest cost of ownership.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
reyoasian wrote: a proper snap-on digital torque wrench cost $700.

as a racekar driver, you need to have the most precision when it comes to wheel torquing.

any inaccuracy may cause vehicles failures, accidents, and expensive repairs.

i've seen first hand a racekar driver whose wheels fell off of his civic because he used a $20 torque wrench, which costed him thousands of dollars for repair in addition he had to pay for the road to be repaved due to the sparks that were created from his rotors that damaged the road.

would you rather pay $700 or thousands of dollars? the math is easy on this one.
If we're talking racekar then of course. I recommend affixing some VTEC stickers to the wrench to ensure maximum accuracy.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1298 posts
246 upvotes
Stouffville
reyoasian wrote: a proper snap-on digital torque wrench cost $700.

as a racekar driver, you need to have the most precision when it comes to wheel torquing.

any inaccuracy may cause vehicles failures, accidents, and expensive repairs.

i've seen first hand a racekar driver whose wheels fell off of his civic because he used a $20 torque wrench, which costed him thousands of dollars for repair in addition he had to pay for the road to be repaved due to the sparks that were created from his rotors that damaged the road.

would you rather pay $700 or thousands of dollars? the math is easy on this one.
Yes...cause everyone on the road is a racekar driver with a racekar

why are we comparing apples to oranges? (oh wait...it's RFD everything is compareable...carry on)
Aug 31, 2007
313 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary
There are better forums out there for discussing the benefits of different wrenches. Instead, please focus on the deal and stop adding useless noise to these forums.
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
Oh and BTW, I'm sure you all know this, but torque wrenches are supposed to be used with torque values close to the middle of their range. So the low and high extremes are to be avoided especially with clickers that use springs (like this one and many other cheaper models). Even Snap-On (CDI etc..)!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1843 posts
203 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Same here, at least 2y now. Use it to rotate, and twice a year to change snow tires, dial back to zero when done.
$17.77 is the lowest I've seen it I think.
A very important point about this is getting lost in the nonsense. Always turn these back to ZERO when you are done using it.
Dec 17, 2009
103 posts
20 upvotes
I am looking for something to do spark plugs with. i need about 8-11 lbs of torque... would this work? i am guessing now, but hopefully someone has an idea where i could get something that doesn't cost an arm and an leg.
RIP GOD
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
ccdude wrote: A very important point about this is getting lost in the nonsense. Always turn these back to ZERO when you are done using it.
If it goes out of calibration is there way to bring it back or is it pretty much done and need to be replaced?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
hgroovy wrote: I am looking for something to do spark plugs with. i need about 8-11 lbs of torque... would this work? i am guessing now, but hopefully someone has an idea where i could get something that doesn't cost an arm and an leg.
You want a 3/8" drive torque wrench (instead of a 1/2" drive). Check Princess Auto.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
MobiShopper wrote: If it goes out of calibration is there way to bring it back or is it pretty much done and need to be replaced?
Calibration would probably cost more than the $17.77 purchase price. Buy a spare?
Banned
Dec 10, 2014
259 posts
85 upvotes
Chateauguay, QC
Thanks OP! Ended up buying 2 online. 47 shipped to QC :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6382 posts
1740 upvotes
hgroovy wrote: I am looking for something to do spark plugs with. i need about 8-11 lbs of torque... would this work? i am guessing now, but hopefully someone has an idea where i could get something that doesn't cost an arm and an leg.
Basically means finger tight. You don't really to a torque wrench for that IMO. If you are doing the spark plug, my greater concern is the gaping done right.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)