Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

($650 - $50 GC) ASUS ZenBook UX305CA [256GB SSD/8GB RAM +QHD]

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2016 10:28 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
I sense the force of cancellation email is very strong...
Jan 27, 2008
513 posts
211 upvotes
GTA
Zero wrote: Horrible deal, this has a QHD+ screen, what are you going to do use a magnifying glass to look at icons.

You won't even be able to watch YouTube videos or Netflix in fullscreen. Don't even think about gaming, unless you talking about Solitaire or Minesweeper.

It only has a 3 cell battery you need at least 9 cells to last a long time. That high resolution screen will drain the battery super fast.

To top it off there is no backlit keyboard. It is thus impossible to type in the dark when you're playing Solitaire.

The biggest deal breaker though which you all overlooked is there is no dvd drive.
For you it may be a deal breaker. For me, I don't want a DVD drive since I wanted a light 13inch laptop not 15inch. Actual reviewers posted avg 7 hours usage time.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
438 upvotes
BC
rugerty100 wrote: Yeah of course. That poster has multiple legitimate comments in this thread.

So, the consensus so far is that this is likely not a price error, and that it'll ship, with QHD screen as some people have ordered it in the last sale?
Wow - what a troll Zero is.
Go Raptors, Go!
Feb 15, 2012
470 posts
455 upvotes
Anyone know what the best thing you can buy with the 50$ gift card?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2623 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
darrenmak wrote: Anyone know what the best thing you can buy with the 50$ gift card?
OP said apps only, but I'm hoping to be able to use it on a laptop sleeve

edit: thumbs too fat for my phone
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
407 upvotes
Mugen123 wrote: OP said apps only, but I'm hoping to be able to use it on a laptop sleeve

edit: thumbs too fat for my phone
Windows Store GC is for apps only.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
braveblade wrote: I sense the force of cancellation email is very strong...
I have my Lenovo Yoga deal from last week locked in if this falls through.
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
darrenmak wrote: Anyone know what the best thing you can buy with the 50$ gift card?
XBox games (digital copies only, not disc)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: DVDs? Really
The advantage of getting a machine with a DVD drive is that you can replace it with a caddy so you can install another HDD or SSD.

My Asus has a 1TB SSD as the main drive, and a 2TB HDD in my optical bay with caddy.

Now my former blue ray reader/dvd writer is going to be installed in an external enclosure in the rare instances I need to use it.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
mystery wrote: The advantage of getting a machine with a DVD drive is that you can replace it with a caddy so you can install another HDD or SSD.

My Asus has a 1TB SSD as the main drive, and a 2TB HDD in my optical bay with caddy.
Ohh I see. :)
Nov 13, 2007
509 posts
303 upvotes
Ontario
I tried to cancel my order but was told it as too late. I think I'm going to return this one.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
gates59 wrote: I tried to cancel my order but was told it as too late. I think I'm going to return this one.
just wait, no need to rush. play around with the laptop, and if you don't like it you can return it.
Oct 22, 2007
309 posts
14 upvotes
Ancaster
Bought for 899 at Staples?
Anychance of a price match?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Doubt it, there different model numbers. Manufacturers do this to A confused the customer and B stop price matching abilities ;)

Plus the better screen resolution is $1000 at Staples with a slightly different model number

But who knows, you might get lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Raycaster wrote: Bought for 899 at Staples?
Anychance of a price match?
try pm otherwise return the laptop back to st00ples.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Best quality ultrabook deal in a while, right?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)