Walmart Grocery Pickup service

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 5:44 pm
43 replies
Jun 12, 2010
695 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
Didn't know they had this in Ottawa but Toronto had it a while ago.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43255 upvotes
ONTARIO
Seems interesting.

Makes me think that in the future we'll eventually see Walmart doing home delivery for groceries. Like Grocery Gateway.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43255 upvotes
ONTARIO
You can now access and use the online grocery feature if you live in the Ottawa area.
If you just want to check it out:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/online-grocery

Put in K1A 0B1 as a postal code.

So basically you don't have to do anything but drive to Walmart and park in the designated grocery pickup spot.

[QUOTE]Your items will be ready to load directly into your car and will be packed in Walmart plastic bags. You are free to use your own bags, but you will need to transfer the items from the plastic to your bags.
[/QUOTE]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3868 upvotes
Nowhere
mike229 wrote: Didn't know they had this in Ottawa but Toronto had it a while ago.
Where do they have it in Toronto? It is a new service that is being piloted in Ottawa. It has been discussed in other Walmart threads.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43255 upvotes
ONTARIO
Cheap Cat wrote: Where do they have it in Toronto? It is a new service that is being piloted in Ottawa. It has been discussed in other Walmart threads.
Looks like the Toronto area will be getting it soon, as they are now expanding the service outside of Ottawa. 12 Walmart locations in the area will be getting it.
You can see the list of stores here:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/grocery/coming ... e_Standard

edit: posted wrong link originally
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
Free shipping to Canada Post office is great as well for those without a car and don't live near a Walmart
Nov 28, 2013
502 posts
227 upvotes
Dynasty12345 wrote: Free shipping to Canada Post office is great as well for those without a car and don't live near a Walmart
Don't think its for grocery shipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
will they charge you for the bags? or is that included in the $3 pickup fee?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Walmart' s produce isn't great to begin with. I wouldn't want any that I didn't pick out myself (the odd time I need something and it is too late or inconvenient to go elsewhere). Their grocery prices on the whole aren't great either...I wouldn't pay $3 to $5 for this (minimum $50).
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
^^ I completely agree with this. Pretty much the only produce I buy from there are bananas, and that's not on the regular, just if I happen to be there and have run out at home. And that's actually a perfect example - what if they only have overripe ones and you normally wouldn't buy those?

Personally, even though it's much more expensive, I would much rather just subscribe to one of those organic produce delivery services than to have Walmart employees pick out my produce from already mediocre quality stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
I always do an order once a month from Walmart but can't seem to place one.

I don't know if it is a bug or there is a new policy. Because of the new pick-up service, have they made it that you can't order groceries online? (for example drinks, pasta etc)

I have no interest at all in the pick up service but if they have changed to this then they have lost me as an online customer.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
Online grocery shopping is one of those internet trends that seems to surface every 3-4 years, and it never gets beyond a niche market. I don't see any reason to be optimistic about any major success this time around either.
Apr 18, 2008
353 posts
104 upvotes
I like to pick my own fruits and vegetables. And I have to pay a fee for them to pick them for me? I'm not THAT busy.

I also like to browse around the store to see what I want to buy.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Smither wrote: I like to pick my own fruits and vegetables. And I have to pay a fee for them to pick them for me? I'm not THAT busy.

I also like to browse around the store to see what I want to buy.
+1. I don't see people being too happy with this service. Walmart's produce is terrible to begin with, I don't want some kid picking crap produce for me. I have had several times where the produce was terrible that I had to return it.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
This service doesn't make sense to me either. I want to pick my own produce, not have it picked by some high school kid. Walmart produce is bad enough as is. I rather go in-store to shop around and see what groceries I want.
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
Definitely an easy way of getting rid of the crappy produce and keep the good stuff in store.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
They have a guarantee o fresh ess though?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)