• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
I'm new-ish to this thread but seeing the winners posted in the other forum got me wondering, how do you guys keep track of the contest you've entered?
Jan 28, 2008
138 posts
145 upvotes
Milton
willyxjai wrote: I'm new-ish to this thread but seeing the winners posted in the other forum got me wondering, how do you guys keep track of the contest you've entered?
I write mine in a book each month and highlight days I win also keep track of contests I enter 2 by putting it on a calender but I m sure many different ways but this is how I find it easiest... ;)
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1892 posts
17750 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: I'm new-ish to this thread but seeing the winners posted in the other forum got me wondering, how do you guys keep track of the contest you've entered?
For the 'once' contests, thank the user. For the 'daily' contests, click thread tools, subscribe to thread. If you click "my messages" under your username at the top right hand corner and then click "my subscriptions", you can work through all your daily contests and then unsubscribe from them when they expire
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1396 posts
228 upvotes
BD12 wrote: For the 'once' contests, thank the user.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2013
1291 posts
8906 upvotes
Ontario
digidaze wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
Everyone has their own system. Do whatever works for you...thanks, lcm, whatever.

I, as a contest poster, LIKE getting the "thanks" - basic manners and courtesy to those who take the time to post.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23809 posts
7673 upvotes
North Vancouver
BD12 wrote: For the 'once' contests, thank the user. For the 'daily' contests, click thread tools, subscribe to thread. If you click "my messages" under your username at the top right hand corner and then click "my subscriptions", you can work through all your daily contests and then unsubscribe from them when they expire
... thank the user... by clicking on the "Thanks" button to the bottom left of the poster's message.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1015 posts
1949 upvotes
gbamber wrote: ... thank the user... by clicking on the "Thanks" button to the bottom left of the poster's message.
This topic has been discussed at length. I prefer using the "Thanks" button as gbamber mentioned.

It shows courtesy to the whoever posted the contest and it shows courtesy to others looking through the forum by not seeing old posts being bumped by people manually typing "Thanks" in each thread.
May 16, 2011
78 posts
153 upvotes
SURREY
Not sure if this is correct place to ask this but we have a question about the rules in automotive contests out there. Have tried looking though the forums already but may have missed seeing any info on this...

in the rules of the various car contests it always states that the winner must provide "proof of Satisfactory insurance" to claim the car... What qualifies as "proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) of satisfactory insurance"? .... Have driver's license for years but never have had a car so what sort of insurance proof would be needed to provide if you actually win a car contest?

one such set of rules is from car contest http://www.hhcontestrules.com/#!toyota- ... test/c1zua

Thank you in advance for any info :)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
PhulesXLuck wrote: Not sure if this is correct place to ask this but we have a question about the rules in automotive contests out there. Have tried looking though the forums already but may have missed seeing any info on this...

in the rules of the various car contests it always states that the winner must provide "proof of Satisfactory insurance" to claim the car... What qualifies as "proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) of satisfactory insurance"? .... Have driver's license for years but never have had a car so what sort of insurance proof would be needed to provide if you actually win a car contest?

one such set of rules is from car contest http://www.hhcontestrules.com/#!toyota- ... test/c1zua

I'm guessing it just means you have to show you got insurance for the vehicle before driving it away.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1559 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
PhulesXLuck wrote: Not sure if this is correct place to ask this but we have a question about the rules in automotive contests out there. Have tried looking though the forums already but may have missed seeing any info on this...

Even when you already own a car, and buy a new one, the dealership wants proof that the car you're purchasing is covered, before you drive off the lot, so you just contact your insurance company (or sign up with one if you've never owned a car before), and they will provide proof that you can pass on to the dealer.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1892 posts
17750 upvotes
gbamber wrote: ... thank the user... by clicking on the "Thanks" button to the bottom left of the poster's message.
This is what I was actually trying to say...not posting "thanks" in the message body
May 11, 2005
522 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
Anybody else still waiting for their SportChek #GiftOfSport prize? I already emailed and was told I'd receive prize by end of January... and it's now February.
:-/
"Day 10 North Face Gotham (M) and/or Arctic Down Parka (W)"
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Another month gone by. Anyone find out who won the 2 Staples $5K GC or money contests that were supposed to be drawn in January? Not a peep from this site. I'll probably just have to write to Disney for the winners list in the current anniversary contest as they don't seem to have an online winners list. And as usual, doesn't seem to be any winners outside Quebec in that contest with all the prizes, so I'll be ignoring any postings about them in future. Complaining is falling on deaf ears with them. Also, advance tickets to movies for Thunder Bay is useless since there is only one theatre in town. Why have them if there is no competition?
Jul 23, 2015
10 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Finally received my prize for the CTWishandwin contest. My giftcard was worth more than I expected.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
SaraR18 wrote: Finally received my prize for the CTWishandwin contest. My giftcard was worth more than I expected.
I think almost everyone who got a gift card instead of their prize due to stock issues were probably happy about it, lol.
Heritage 'The Rock' frying pan was on sale for $24.99 in the flyer at the time. The MSRP was $100. Due to stock issues they sent a $100 gift card. So awesome, lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
Things worked out well for me in the CTWishandWin contest. Just got my response today that they are going to fulfill our prizes. So glad because one of the prizes that we won was a Multi-purpose Storage Cabinet that was valued at almost $300
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4627 posts
6132 upvotes
Toronto
Triever wrote: Anybody else still waiting for their SportChek #GiftOfSport prize? I already emailed and was told I'd receive prize by end of January... and it's now February.
:-/
"Day 10 North Face Gotham (M) and/or Arctic Down Parka (W)"
I emailed them and they said mine hasn't come in yet, guessing it's the same for you. She said they'll overnight it when it gets there.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4627 posts
6132 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: I think almost everyone who got a gift card instead of their prize due to stock issues were probably happy about it, lol.
Hells yeah, I got a $500 gc for a christmas tree LOL Ended up getting a $100 job on Amazon and will use my gc for something else. Maybe TP lol
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
gofforever wrote: Things worked out well for me in the CTWishandWin contest. Just got my response today that they are going to fulfill our prizes. So glad because one of the prizes that we won was a Multi-purpose Storage Cabinet that was valued at almost $300
Good to hear, perseverance pays off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)