Fashion & Beauty

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2023 3:22 pm
Tags:
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
Borbor wrote: just curious

what do you think of this type of shoulder on a jacket

I like the roped shoulders on a more formal suit.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Bellyhungry wrote: I like the roped shoulders on a more formal suit.
that's not just roping; that's pagoda. Won't get that unless you go to somewhere that really knows their *****.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
Diamondog wrote: ...I'll go between a business casual like the 2 pics I just added to full 3 piece with pocket square
If it's a three piece suit, don't u have to wear the vest with the suit together so that they all wear out at the same rate? And, with all that goes into bespoke suits, wouldn't u want to wear at least a tie with them all the time and leave the business casual look to your OTR suits?
May 12, 2008
448 posts
20 upvotes
Borbor wrote: just curious

what do you think of this type of shoulder on a jacket

Nice Pagoda. The sleeve cap might not be for everyone though.

Who's the maker? Local?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Went to BB for measurement today for Golden Fleece MTM with Barberis 150s in solid navy.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
mebiuspower wrote: Went to BB for measurement today for Golden Fleece MTM with Barberis 150s in solid navy.
40% discount??
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote: Went to BB for measurement today for Golden Fleece MTM with Barberis 150s in solid navy.
Total all in pricing? Going to peg that at ~$1,800
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
More because I am getting a vest as well.

They have loro piana cashmere mtm suit at $6k.
Jan 28, 2012
448 posts
36 upvotes
Diamondog wrote: Ok so got the first suit finished...took 2 days short of 7 weeks turnaround time. Did 2 fittings along the way besides initial measurements...one midwayish and one final which very small alterations needed to be done. Cost was $1600 + tax = $1808 for 3 piece. H&S S140 fully canvassed. I will start with some pics of just the suit and will have a couple taken wearing for fit. I am very pleased with Raymonds work he is a pro and I would highly recommend! Same pinstripe in black started and then will do some greys, a herringbone solid and a flashier pattern..More pics will come.

Couple more

Thanks for sharing!!
Jan 28, 2012
448 posts
36 upvotes
Looking forward to see the result.
Bellyhungry wrote: Yes.
I thought you were a milano fit
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
zinc5212 wrote: Looking forward to see the result.
It will be a while. Their MTM process does not include a test fit and I've argued with them on that. The SA is going to contact the MTM program manager in Vancouver to get permission for a test fit. I've stressed to them more than once that I want this suit to be perfect otherwise I won't take it.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
zinc5212 wrote: I thought you were a milano fit
I go with 41 in Milano fit, 39 in Regent, 40 in Fitz, which is why it was a surprise to me when the 40 Madison fitted me well.

In comparison, I am a 40 in SS Havana, La Spalla, and Lazio.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
Borbor wrote: that's not just roping; that's pagoda. Won't get that unless you go to somewhere that really knows their *****.
Have come across it before, have not seen it being discussed too much.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes
Wow didn't know there was a thread about M2M! Been thinking of a M2M suit, but not looking to spend $2k. I have a Hugo Boss suit that I paid about $1200 and it still needed to be altered! I'm short but very fit/athletic body, so its hard for me to find a proper fitting suit. I am around a 38S or 40S slim fit.

The closest OTR suit is the CK X-Fit. At Stars they also have an M2M from a Montreal suit company I just forgot the name. I'm leaning towards them, anyone know the name and how good they are?

Any thing I should know? I'm from KW area but would be willing to drive to Toronto.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Bellyhungry wrote: Have come across it before, have not seen it being discussed too much.
because it isn't exactly the easiest of shoulders to do.
Jan 31, 2016
1 posts
Brampton, ON
Hey gents, was hoping for a little advice/suggestion. Getting married in July (Toronto) and looking to have suits made for myself and 6 other guys. I had a custom suit done at Zeglios last summer for a friends wedding and paid just over $700 and it's a great M2M. Zeglios moved and it's under new ownership now. I am going to check out Mederation and Eric Sana (at old Zeglio location), any other suggestions?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6115 posts
1696 upvotes
Milton
Ordered two black/grey m2m suits from Ladners Clothiers at streetsville during their 20% off sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1897 posts
557 upvotes
North York
hahabowen wrote: May not be the right thread to ask this question, but i know there are expects on menswear here, I'd like your opinion on this suit. It's for my wedding, i'm think to wear a black bow tie, white shirt, white pocket square, and a boutonniere. The suit still need minor alteration, waist, trouser length, etc. But do you think in general it fits me well or it's a poor fit. on the scale of 10, 1 being very pool, 6 is pass, 10 for excellent. how would you rate it? Thank you in advance!
http://1drv.ms/1QZgLqL
There are creases on the front and back. Fit looks off.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Went back to BB for the try-on suit. Given that it's just a bare shell the fit is pretty good. Only problems are it's a bit tight (need to loosen 1.25") and the sleeves are half inch too long. Jacket length and backside fit are spot on.

Another 3-4 weeks wait.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)