Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

LG G4 is now $0 on a medium tab ($360) ($285 with Wow Mobile trade-in deal)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2016 12:58 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1944 posts
14270 upvotes
Yes, I am a Koodo customer, and got the same deal. I had a $150 TAB credit. Got the G4 and traded in a very old cell phone for $75 credit. They also gave me a $50 store credit which got me a case and external backup battery. Had to buy the SIM for $5 + tax. I could have kept the same phone plan but decided to upgrade to get the extra Gig of data for the same price, but no longer get TAB credits on my bill each month.

Hope this helps.
Ducky wrote: I can go to wowmobile when i am already a koodo customer? How would they apply the existing $100 koodo tab credit i have? I don't want to leave koodo like everyone else... Lol

Sorry for the newbie questions...
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Marphyin wrote: No. They are not.
Prove it.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Prove it.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
toseef wrote: How are you so sure that they will not force me off?
Because I just got G4.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jan 20, 2016
12 posts
4 upvotes
North York, ON
Forgive me if this has been answered
Can I open a second line as an existing customer and get the referral bonus on both tabs (existing and new), and can I then switch the second line to 5$ seasonal hold + 15$ tab charge (20 per month) and then pay off my tab after 90 days on the second line, cancel the plan and suffer no penalty?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
fluidmax wrote: Before any more conspiracies start to go around about the "Activation credit" charge back for cancelling before 90 days...here is proof straight from the horse's mouth.

http://imgur.com/nbzXGJ4
This is an interesting discussion. On my bill it clearly says activation Bonus. So who's right?
Lorenzo
Aug 18, 2011
28 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Marphyin wrote: Because I just got G4.
Ok. Which location did you go to? If you don't mind me asking
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Not on the spot during the upgrade, but there have been reports about audits triggered.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
zremez wrote: Forgive me if this has been answered
Can I open a second line as an existing customer and get the referral bonus on both tabs (existing and new), and can I then switch the second line to 5$ seasonal hold + 15$ tab charge (20 per month) and then pay off my tab after 90 days on the second line, cancel the plan and suffer no penalty?
Lol, I was just thinking this. Except that my first line would also be on seasonal hold.

Anyone know? Would we also be eligible for the $75 trade in?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
ladyb wrote: Yes, I am a Koodo customer, and got the same deal. I had a $150 TAB credit. Got the G4 and traded in a very old cell phone for $75 credit. They also gave me a $50 store credit which got me a case and external backup battery. Had to buy the SIM for $5 + tax. I could have kept the same phone plan but decided to upgrade to get the extra Gig of data for the same price, but no longer get TAB credits on my bill each month.

Hope this helps.
Since i am going from a Samsung s3 to the g4, i won't need to buy a sim right?
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ducky wrote: Since i am going from a Samsung s3 to the g4, i won't need to buy a sim right?
Both use micro sim.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
I can't wait until this deal on the G4 gets even hotter. It won't be long now. :)
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I just jumped into this deal. The only concern I have that before going to Wow shop I stopped by at koodo shop. The Koodo guy at the counter warned me if I cancel G4 right away and pay off my tab in full I may be hit with a credit score decrease (Koodo will flag me and inform credit score agency somehow)
He recommended to wait 3-4 month before I cancel. Where guys did you unlock your G4?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1029 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
savinmy wrote: I just jumped into this deal. The only concern I have that before going to Wow shop I stopped by at koodo shop. The Koodo guy at the counter warned me if I cancel G4 right away and pay off my tab in full I may be hit with a credit score decrease (Koodo will flag me and inform credit score agency somehow)
He recommended to wait 3-4 month before I cancel. Where guys did you unlock your G4?
It's gonna be a hit on your credit for sure but koodo isn't going to go out of their way to flag you. Too many try hard cell employees these days
Nov 11, 2012
115 posts
10 upvotes
So got this deal. How to cancel/port out? Tnx
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
arjdeals wrote: So got this deal. How to cancel/port out? Tnx
Call any carrier where you want to port out the number once the port it's done your koodo account will be cancel.
Oct 26, 2012
327 posts
267 upvotes
The mobile shop now carries it on koodo! It begins...
Nov 11, 2012
115 posts
10 upvotes
Can i use speakout? I have an extra sim lying around. Can porting out be done online or i have to call speakout? Tnx
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
lorenzo1000 wrote: This is an interesting discussion. On my bill it clearly says activation Bonus. So who's right?
The different words are used to describe different discounts. "Activation Credits/Bonus" and "Bonus Gift" are 2 separate discounts. "Activation Credits" are given to reduce your Koodo tab for the phone when you sign up for a new lline. "Bonus Gift" are anything else that was given to you when you sign up.... like GCs and store credit for accessories.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)