Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

iPad Air 2 Refurb - 64GB ($509), 16GB ($419)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2016 5:11 pm
Feb 8, 2009
622 posts
51 upvotes
Speaking of kijiji ipads, has anyone ever bought an iPad LTE that ended up being blacklisted? Or is that possible?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
My understanding is the IPad Pro 9.7
Is worth the extra bread

/I'm selling my Air 2 to buy the 9.7 Pro
Those of you jumping on this deal
are NOT making a sound long term buy.
There is also talk of another variant of the 9.7 in the wings.
Nov 15, 2008
66 posts
143 upvotes
Thanks. Bought one too, I was keep tracking last week, last night still don't have it on apple.ca.
Too bad they don't have gold color that I like.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't the Fido deal same price but with lte in board? These dont look as cheap as they could be.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
GROSS wrote: My understanding is the IPad Pro 9.7
Is worth the extra bread

Wicked bro. Knock yourself out. There is zero extra useful functionality in the pro for 99% of users out there.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1097 posts
1288 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: Wicked bro. Knock yourself out. There is zero extra useful functionality in the pro for 99% of users out there.
Plus the 9.7 pro is only 2gb of RAM. That's going to become a limiting factor just like the Air 2 eventually. I reckon the 2gb will become more of a wall than its CPU (A9X) The A7 in the Air 1 is powerful but its 1gb RAM tends to muck things up.

Speaking of the CPU (based on the 12.9 inch Pro), the A9x multi core specs are comparable to the A8X in the Air2. It is only in the single core where it shines
http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-conte ... ca-002.png

Also if you need more than 32 gb space, the 128 will set you back close to 1k if i remember correctly.
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
This is a great deal, I picked up my Air 2 back in January for $559 refurbished and I couldn't be more pleased.

The screen and body are perfect, the battery is new and you get a 1 year warranty. I couldn't be more pleased with the Apple Refurbished experience. Really, the only way you can tell it is a refurb is by the box.
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
671 upvotes
Ontario
ShylocK wrote: Wasn't the Fido deal same price but with lte in board? These dont look as cheap as they could be.
Nah this is cheaper. Fido was $20x24 = 480 + any prorated service fees. + possible credit hit since you need to sign a data plan and cancel, etc.... The 64GB was $109 more. Essentially this is $100 cheaper each and no credit hit. However like you said the fido one was an LTE version where you can put in a sim.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3254 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Is worth the extra bread

It depends on a person's usage of the product and I'd argue most only use it for entertainment/media purposes. I find iOS to be too constrained to truly be a productivity device. I just use it to watch youtube on the couch, play games, watch movies on the go, etc. The updates aren't that significant to most people to spring another $300-$350 on considering it's just added pen input, slight speed increase, and a camera upgrade.

[removed]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
myleftnut wrote: Speaking of kijiji ipads, has anyone ever bought an iPad LTE that ended up being blacklisted? Or is that possible?
This happens all the time to people. Do not ever buy anything cellular off Kijiji. It's not worth the risk. Ever.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
Is worth the extra bread

you are paying apple 900 dollars for an ipad (minimal) and we are the one "not" making a sound long term buy?

;) . please enlighten us
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1437 posts
1348 upvotes
SURREY
Does Safari/email/Facebook/Instagram/Netflix/camera all open within a second or two and work fine? Then it's enough for the vast majority of users.
Dec 29, 2013
238 posts
68 upvotes
Markham
i missed the fido deal, was so happy to see this one deal, but no gold in stock. First world problems. Meh whatever, thank you op.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1429 posts
1157 upvotes
Is worth the extra bread

Waste of money. Unless you MUST have the $130 Apple pencil, then there's no improvement over the Air 2. 2GB of ram on both, and the apps don't even take advantage of the extra power of the air 2 yet. Mine still is lightning fast. No lag at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Luyuan20 wrote: Waste of money. Unless you MUST have the $130 Apple pencil, then there's no improvement over the Air 2. 2GB of ram on both, and the apps don't even take advantage of the extra power of the air 2 yet. Mine still is lightning fast. No lag at all.
It has a faster processor the A9 AND FOUR speakers.Plus the pencil advantage

If I wanted to buy say the 64 gb air 2 I would spend a bit more
and buy a NEW one Best Buy is selling them right now for $599
I'm betting the price will drop AGAIN in April.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
GROSS wrote: It has a faster processor the A9 AND FOUR speakers.Plus the pencil advantage
Hmmmmmmmmm..... You've come storming into a deal telling people this isn't a deal without providing much credible datapoints...

Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
GROSS wrote: It has a faster processor the A9 AND FOUR speakers.Plus the pencil advantage
Well, if you want to make a sound long term investment, look some where else other than electronics, especially smart phones, tablets and laptops. These things refresh yearly, and if you're not using to its full potential, you're wasting it. I think Luyuan20's point was that 99% of the ppl will not be appreciating or utilizing the "extra" functionalities from ipad pro where you might find useful. So, to him/her, and including myself, ipad air 2 is just as good as ipad pro for everyday use, and it's several hundreds cheaper, which makes it a much better deal/"investment".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9451 posts
11812 upvotes
Calgary
Some people are happy with a Civic, some want a Bmw. Probably best not to argue about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
2097 posts
943 upvotes
gta
I bought a refurb ipad 3 from apple.ca few yrs ago and after one yr that battery began to lose its charge. Why is every one raving about apple refurb product?
Am i that unlucky to receive a lemon?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9451 posts
11812 upvotes
Calgary
DealDemon wrote: I bought a refurb ipad 3 from apple.ca few yrs ago and after one yr that battery began to lose its charge. Why is every one raving about apple refurb product?
Am i that unlucky to receive a lemon?
Batteries lose charge after one year to varying degrees.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)