• Aug 22nd, 2016 10:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
GRANDISON wrote: If the software was as good as the video I would be sold. But not yet...
Funny they hired Caucasians to be in the the commercials but all the screen displays were in Chinese. :lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Evol wrote: I should have asked whether the one ******** selling is legit or not, last time i heard there still a lot of fake ones going around.
I bought the first gen xiaomi band from ******** and it refused to charge after 2 charges.
******** doesn't sell counterfeits. Sucks that it sounds like you got a dud though :( But like just about all Chinese shops - for warranty issues you generally have to pay to ship it back.
Jun 11, 2013
248 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Just received my Xiaomi Mi Band 1S in the mail today. My first order ever received from ********! :) Ordered on March 4th, received it on March 30th - Took 3 weeks and 5 days.

It comes in a very nice shrink-wrapped retail package. Will start playing with it and see what it's like. So what was the consensus on the best app to use with this?
Sep 14, 2008
513 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Nemlack wrote: Just received my Xiaomi Mi Band 1S in the mail today. My first order ever received from ********! :) Ordered on March 4th, received it on March 30th - Took 3 weeks and 5 days.

It comes in a very nice shrink-wrapped retail package. Will start playing with it and see what it's like. So what was the consensus on the best app to use with this?
You are almost required to use "Mi Fit" as the base for most of the incoming, and then apps to supplement that. If you use Android, I recommend Mi Band Tools for additional features.
Jun 11, 2013
248 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
canabal wrote: You are almost required to use "Mi Fit" as the base for most of the incoming, and then apps to supplement that. If you use Android, I recommend Mi Band Tools for additional features.
Ok, turns out I had some money in my google account so installed Mi Band Tools, and the first thing it said was that I had to install Mi Fit, so did that as well. Will play around with the app and see the best way to use this. I have used a Misfit Flash before (before the strap broke) and it was nice and simple to use. Will see if I like the Mi Fit any better.
Nov 12, 2013
80 posts
23 upvotes
Took a risk and I ordered one from ********.com. The price is good (compared to amazon.ca, it's $32). I don't agree with how the site is trying to bribe users to write positive reviews. Sitejabber.com had to remove hundreds of fake positive reviews about ********. I'll see how the order goes, but looks like I'll have to wait a month (the big drawback to ordering from China)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3625 posts
97 upvotes
Ordered a family pack, one for each of us, took about 3 and a bit weeks. Thanks OP!

Is there a good (good as in, won't pop the receiver out easily) replacement band for those of us with larger wrists? I'm on the very last hole and its tight. So currently I'm using the magnetic clip holder, and in my pocket.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Where is my order? Almost 45 business days since shipping date.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1068 posts
167 upvotes
I'm at 50 days and counting waiting for my mi band. This doesn't surprise me though but it gets hard to wait when things you ordered after come first.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jed wrote: Is there a good (good as in, won't pop the receiver out easily) replacement band for those of us with larger wrists? I'm on the very last hole and its tight.
I ordered this about 3 weeks ago: No Screw Installation Milanese Style Steel Strap for Xiaomi Miband / 1S *- *SILVER

It hasn't arrived so I can't comment on quality. I wanted something that I could adjust continuously because I find that on one hole the band is too loose and on the next it's too tight. Note that total length is 24cm which is a couple cm longer than the stock band.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
2333 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
bobsackamano wrote: I'm at 50 days and counting waiting for my mi band. This doesn't surprise me though but it gets hard to wait when things you ordered after come first.
Mine is at 65 days since shipped now and still no sign of it.
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
I'm in the same boat. Ordered Feb 4th, so it's going to be 2 months on Monday. It shipped only on Feb 18th, for some reason. It arrived in Canada on March 9th, so it's officially been in Canada longer than getting to Canada.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
jumran wrote: Mine is at 65 days since shipped now and still no sign of it.
ma678 wrote: Where is my order? Almost 45 business days since shipping date.
bobsackamano wrote: I'm at 50 days and counting waiting for my mi band. This doesn't surprise me though but it gets hard to wait when things you ordered after come first.
cayouche wrote: I'm in the same boat. Ordered Feb 4th, so it's going to be 2 months on Monday. It shipped only on Feb 18th, for some reason. It arrived in Canada on March 9th, so it's officially been in Canada longer than getting to Canada.
It looks like you all ordered around Chinese New Year. It screws up shipping from Chinese online stores every single year (which is why people that ordered later, in early March, are already getting their orders). Contact whatever store you ordered from if you haven't gotten your item from around CNY yet. I noticed a ******** account commenting on threads somewhere around here (can't remember which one now) and looking into orders directly, if you ordered from them.

And note that with some shipping providers, just because they say it arrived in Canada that doesn't mean that it actually did. There are a lot of Chinese shipping companies that just take a bunch of packages, ship them bulk to the destination country, and then remail them when they get here. I've had orders that shipped with a couple of these companies, and when they got here there was no mention of the tracking number they provided on the package anywhere - in fact no number that was recognizable as a tracking number at all, which means that there's no way they could have known whether or not it was "sitting in customs" as their tracking information claimed. Using "sitting in customs" is a fantastic way to explain slow shipping, when in fact Canada Customs seems to be pretty good these days about clearing packages quickly (with the occasional exception for packages actually getting lost/stuck in customs, but it's pretty rare in my experience).
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
wearysky wrote: It looks like you all ordered around Chinese New Year. It screws up shipping from Chinese online stores every single year (which is why people that ordered later, in early March, are already getting their orders). Contact whatever store you ordered from if you haven't gotten your item from around CNY yet. I noticed a ******** account commenting on threads somewhere around here (can't remember which one now) and looking into orders directly, if you ordered from them.

And note that with some shipping providers, just because they say it arrived in Canada that doesn't mean that it actually did. There are a lot of Chinese shipping companies that just take a bunch of packages, ship them bulk to the destination country, and then remail them when they get here. I've had orders that shipped with a couple of these companies, and when they got here there was no mention of the tracking number they provided on the package anywhere - in fact no number that was recognizable as a tracking number at all, which means that there's no way they could have known whether or not it was "sitting in customs" as their tracking information claimed. Using "sitting in customs" is a fantastic way to explain slow shipping, when in fact Canada Customs seems to be pretty good these days about clearing packages quickly (with the occasional exception for packages actually getting lost/stuck in customs, but it's pretty rare in my experience).
Oh I know. I order quite often from China. I'm not complaining about the lead time to get to Canada. I use NL Post a lot and no issues. Just disappointed by Canada Post's speed, that's all.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1005 posts
349 upvotes
BC
cayouche wrote: Oh I know. I order quite often from China. I'm not complaining about the lead time to get to Canada. I use NL Post a lot and no issues. Just disappointed by Canada Post's speed, that's all.
And the second part of their post explains why it might not be Canada Post's or Customs' fault...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
cayouche wrote: Oh I know. I order quite often from China. I'm not complaining about the lead time to get to Canada. I use NL Post a lot and no issues. Just disappointed by Canada Post's speed, that's all.
Did they ship it via PostNL? In that case, if they said it arrived on March 9th, I'd believe it. In which case, you might want to call Canada Post to see if they can give you more info, because that seems odd indeed. They are no longer providing shipping info for international inbound registered mail on their website, but people on the forums have reported that they can still see it in their system if you call (I've personally never tried, as I never had to).
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Did they ship it via PostNL? In that case, if they said it arrived on March 9th, I'd believe it. In which case, you might want to call Canada Post to see if they can give you more info, because that seems odd indeed. They are no longer providing shipping info for international inbound registered mail on their website, but people on the forums have reported that they can still see it in their system if you call (I've personally never tried, as I never had to).
I was planning to call them. I'm not in a rush anyway, I'll wait until Monday. Yes, it was shipped with PostNL.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1068 posts
167 upvotes
Trying to use ********'s ticket system is what I would call a exercise in patience, much like the shipping times. ;)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)