Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Cadillac] 2016 SRX Luxury AWD *LEASE $399 A MONTH - YYC

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2016 7:54 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
390 upvotes
EAST YORK
raspeed wrote: I have three kids and have owned over 30 vehicles. It's not hard and I've saved bucket-loads. I drove a 911 for 4 years, the cost of ownership was 1/5th of the cost the one guy posting here said his 5 year Civic Si lease cost him.
Good for you. Problem for a lot of people is they don't have the money up front to pay on and maintain a summer vehicle like you. Props to you!
Aug 16, 2005
765 posts
194 upvotes
raspeed wrote: Actually, if you are intelligent you buy good quality used vehicles, drive them for 1-2 years, and resell them for close to what you paid for them or before they require any major work or maintenance.

The rest of you are just throwing away 10s of thousands of dollars on leases or new car purchases.

There all sorts of low maintenance high quality vehicles out there (think Miata, Tacoma, etc) that you can buy used, drive and never lose a dime on.
what really kills this type of deal is the HST you're forced to pay every time you buy. Gov taxes every time the vehicle exchanges hands irrespective of the fact original owner paid HST on original purchase price.
Jul 16, 2006
508 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: I have three kids and have owned over 30 vehicles. It's not hard and I've saved bucket-loads. I drove a 911 for 4 years, the cost of ownership was 1/5th of the cost the one guy posting here said his 5 year Civic Si lease cost him.

The most shady characters I've run in to wear suits and work at name brand dealerships.

Car dealerships make you sit around for hours upon hours just to get through the 'finance manager' such that you'll be so tired you'll sign just about anything to get out of there ... it takes 15 minutes at ICBC to transfer ownership of a used vehicle.

To each their own ...
Did you put 100K km on the Porsche in those years like you could on a civic? How old was it? Would love to explore this option! More details please!

Friend of mine drives a 911 and the cost of replacing brakes and tires is much higher than a civic. God forbid you end up getting into an accident and you have an insurance claim record on your vehicle. That absolutely destroys value.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1198 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
what a crappy looking interior for the money.
If I buy a caddy it should look better than a chevy or gmc even if it's all the same company
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
838 upvotes
It's around $900 a month with $0 down and 0.9% interest capped at 20,000km for the same model in BC.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12894 posts
13091 upvotes
Parps wrote: Did you put 100K km on the Porsche in those years like you could on a civic? How old was it? Would love to explore this option! More details please!

Friend of mine drives a 911 and the cost of replacing brakes and tires is much higher than a civic. God forbid you end up getting into an accident and you have an insurance claim record on your vehicle. That absolutely destroys value.
Some car doesn't lose value, even if you have to put money in it to keep it running. Cost of ownership include depreciation. There are gems out there that are immune to depreciation like Miata.

Much like a out of warranty Civic, if it runs, regardless what year, it's worth $3-$5K minimum. In theory, if you put in the time and a bit of elbow grease and mechanical know how, you can save a lot of money compared to buying new.

But some like me just like that toxic new car smell.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
Xtrema wrote: Some car doesn't lose value, even if you have to put money in it to keep it running. Cost of ownership include depreciation. There are gems out there that are immune to depreciation like Miata.

Much like a out of warranty Civic, if it runs, regardless what year, it's worth $3-$5K minimum. In theory, if you put in the time and a bit of elbow grease and mechanical know how, you can save a lot of money compared to buying new.

But some like me just like that toxic new car smell.
I've twice used a Miata as a winter-beater. Buy a decent one in the fall for $3-4k ... sell it in the spring for $5k. Even with HST, taxes, whatever I just got the use of a car for 6 months, and put $500+ in my pocket. Compared to that "Civic lease" which would have cost me 6x$400 for 6 months of usage.

"It's too hard to go on to Kijiji, go to the bank get cash, then go and transfer car in to my name ..." What does that take a few hours? A few hours of my spare time is worth $2000 in my opinion.

Considering the lengths people go to to price match over $5 for a video game on here .. I would think more people would be open to these concepts around here.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12894 posts
13091 upvotes
raspeed wrote: Considering the lengths people go to to price match over $5 for a video game on here .. I would think more people would be open to these concepts around here.
I think a lot of people are scared of the buying a used lemon with no recourse.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
raspeed wrote: I've twice used a Miata as a winter-beater. Buy a decent one in the fall for $3-4k ... sell it in the spring for $5k. Even with HST, taxes, whatever I just got the use of a car for 6 months, and put $500+ in my pocket. Compared to that "Civic lease" which would have cost me 6x$400 for 6 months of usage.

"It's too hard to go on to Kijiji, go to the bank get cash, then go and transfer car in to my name ..." What does that take a few hours? A few hours of my spare time is worth $2000 in my opinion.

Considering the lengths people go to to price match over $5 for a video game on here .. I would think more people would be open to these concepts around here.
Well I would hope that no one would be going in for a brand new lease just to use as a winter beater (unless you have tons of cash to throw away).

The vehicles that you have mentioned thus far are not your average 4 seater+ sedan/SUV though. What year/mileage/other criteria do you look for?

That aside, are you not afraid of/have you not come across a lemon in the 30 cars? Even if you buy the Miata over and over again, they all have been driven differently, may or may not have been taken care of and had the maintenance done, etc. You have to know cars very well, what to look for, etc., because otherwise you're going to be sending these potential purchases to your mechanic to look over and that is going to take time, depending on how many vehicles you have to test drive/inspect before deciding on one.

I am of the opinion that if a car has not been causing me any major grief (and has a good reputation in terms of reliability) then why change it? Don't fix it if it ain't broke...
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3377 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
Xtrema wrote: GSL also moved a bunch of ATS for $299, similar deal.

End of the day, all GM products other than Camaro and Corvette should be priced this way to start with. They overbuilt and last year model is always 30-40% off MSRP anyway.

Nobody in their right mind will lease a GM product with MSRP because their residual is 10-20% less than competitors. MB's residual is 55% for 45 months and GM is 31% for 48 month, without heavy MSRP discount like this GSL deal, it will never reach this low mthly payment.

My advice on SRX is this model still has the old Cue system. it's doesn't have Carplay or Android auto and its the slow old gen unit that everyone hates. There is no upgrade/update. Make sure you can live with that. But for $400/mth, thats pretty good for a luxury badge crossover.
There is a place in CO that upgrades the old CUE to 2016 carplay - you send them the old unit they send you an upgraded unit (inc NAV). Pretty easy to find on Google.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
raspeed wrote: It takes a few hours to buy/sell private cars. Who here makes $10,000/hour? Even if it was $1,000/hour, it's still absurd. The only thing keeping people from saving thousands of dollars on cars is fear.
It takes a few hours AFTER you find a buyer or car you want to purchase.
Finding the buyer or car takes weeks or even months.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
jazzzjackrabbit wrote: Wow cheap lease on a crappy car! whats new!
Wow useless post in a car thread! what's new!
(yes, mine is useless also)
Mar 29, 2010
797 posts
186 upvotes
Bawler wrote: and here you're proving you can be a douche for free!
Was that supposed to be a cool line? :boringface:
Mar 7, 2011
830 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
jjege wrote: Was that supposed to be a cool line? :boringface:
That happened 2 days ago ..... why so worked up?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
jjege wrote: Was that supposed to be a cool line? :boringface:
83 people thought so, what's your line?
Nov 24, 2012
23 posts
26 upvotes
EDMONTON
anyone actually got this deal? what's the final price
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1064 posts
324 upvotes
GT!! wrote: You didn't have to remove the bumper cover, which I believe is necessary if doing HIDs?
No, I didn't remove the bumper, just took a little time with the drivers side and if you have massive hands, you probably would have trouble. The LED replacements were longer so once you get the old ones out, you don't have to reach inside as far. You do end up with some scrapes on your hands from some sharp edges.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)