Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

USA Roaming T-Mobile, AT&T & Sprint Hotspot *iPhone w/3G HSPA on T-Mobile (NEW)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 11:48 am
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
I am going to simply ad money to the account so that my $3 dollar per day plan doesn't expire. Just wanna make sure that there is money to fund the account or at least add $10 every 2 months
alanbrenton wrote: How much to extend one year out? Enjoy your stay, hopefully you aren't in the Tri-city which experienced a huge snowfall. Take care dude/dudette.

====

It seems, for those stuck with the pay as you go plan, there is an option to add daily or weekly data packages. Not really sure how much these packages are going to be. If the daily packages are still $3, then having left them on the legacy plan would have been best. Too late for my accounts though as I have switched them all to the $3/day from legacy. :(
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5156 posts
616 upvotes
in a plane
RatePlans wrote: I am going to simply ad money to the account so that my $3 dollar per day plan doesn't expire. Just wanna make sure that there is money to fund the account or at least add $10 every 2 months
Just be careful. It seems like mistaken numbers, voicemails and so on cause the $3/day to be charged; so if you aren't using the account for an extended amount of time, that tends to deplete it pretty quick. I was gone for like 4-5 months and my balance dropped $25.
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
It seems, we will have to top up every 30 days on the Pay As You Go and every 90 days on the Pay By The Day. There is no more expiry extension, for sure, as there are not plans to switch between.

Pay As You Go: Service available for 30 days after activation/refill/conversion; then account is suspended. If you have a balance, your plan will resume for 30 days with 30 voice min. or SMS messages. After this 30-day period, your account is suspended. If funds available, additional minutes/messages @ $0.10/minute or message.

Pay By The Day: Service available for 90 days (one year for $100 refills) after activation/refill. You will be charged for each day you use services.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
Pseudo Nim wrote: Just be careful. It seems like mistaken numbers, voicemails and so on cause the $3/day to be charged; so if you aren't using the account for an extended amount of time, that tends to deplete it pretty quick. I was gone for like 4-5 months and my balance dropped $25.
you are correct. i noticed that as well
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5156 posts
616 upvotes
in a plane
RatePlans wrote: you are correct. i noticed that as well
The problem there becomes this: it becomes cheaper to go to Pay as you Go, then simply switch to the new, more expensive, daily plans - rather than risk running the cost of some dumbass calling for a taxi and depleting your balance (I had a guy call me seven, 7!, times within a week to ask for a taxi, and leave incomprehensible voicemails).
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Pseudo Nim wrote: The problem there becomes this: it becomes cheaper to go to Pay as you Go, then simply switch to the new, more expensive, daily plans - rather than risk running the cost of some dumbass calling for a taxi and depleting your balance (I had a guy call me seven, 7!, times within a week to ask for a taxi, and leave incomprehensible voicemails).
There are no more daily plans to switch to. There is only the pay as you go if you are on that plan.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
alanbrenton wrote: Damn, no more 90 day expiry trick. Glad I switched all of ours to the $3/day plan.

And thankfully I had switched to the $3/day the account I gave to a friend moving to San Francisco.

====

I was actually thinking of topping the accounts by $10 while on legacy but thought T-Mobile would not get rid of the $2 and $3 day plans.

=====

mine says:

$3 Daily UL Tlk Txt Wb (200 MB 4G) - $3/month

It seems even the daily plans that are no longer available will be charged another $3/month.
no that is a typo. I verify with them before
it should say $3 Daily UL Tlk Txt Wb (200 MB 4G) - $3/day

they never fixed the typo and won't bother now LOL
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Pseudo Nim wrote: Just be careful. It seems like mistaken numbers, voicemails and so on cause the $3/day to be charged; so if you aren't using the account for an extended amount of time, that tends to deplete it pretty quick. I was gone for like 4-5 months and my balance dropped $25.
We tested before leaving voice mail and sending txt. No charge at all with sim card out of the phone
unless you check voice mail online
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
alanbrenton wrote: It seems, we will have to top up every 30 days on the Pay As You Go and every 90 days on the Pay By The Day. There is no more expiry extension, for sure, as there are not plans to switch between.

Pay As You Go: Service available for 30 days after activation/refill/conversion; then account is suspended. If you have a balance, your plan will resume for 30 days with 30 voice min. or SMS messages. After this 30-day period, your account is suspended. If funds available, additional minutes/messages @ $0.10/minute or message.

Pay By The Day: Service available for 90 days (one year for $100 refills) after activation/refill. You will be charged for each day you use services.
Pay as you go. you get charge $3 a month
so no need to top up.

Pay per day, make no sense to top up now if you don't go USA often
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
RatePlans wrote: I am going to simply ad money to the account so that my $3 dollar per day plan doesn't expire. Just wanna make sure that there is money to fund the account or at least add $10 every 2 months
time to switch to Roam mobility
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Pseudo Nim wrote: wait what? $10/week? Isn't that a better plan? So the daily visitors get dinged, but so long as you're there for at least 3 days, you're in the money. By a LOT.
1226 wrote: Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Not bad for 4+ day trips.
Pseudo Nim wrote: Hell, even for a 3-day trip - you get 1GB now to use as you see fit, instead of 200 per day, so you can be more flexible in data usage. Works for me.

[edit] and realistically, if you're in the USA for just a day, would you rather pay 5 bucks vs 3 or not have internet? It's cerrainlt not ideal, but I can see what they did there and it totally makes sense.
and the data add on now include Smartphone Mobile HotSpot.
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: Pay as you go. you get charge $3 a month
so no need to top up.

Pay per day, make no sense to top up now if you don't go USA often
So it's probably better to go with Pay as you go? I still have those $90+ balance accounts that will expire in June if I don't top up. At least with pay as you go, I don't have to add $10 every 90 days. :)

=====

I will just stick with the $3/day for now and switch to the pay go just a little prior to expiration date. Wow T-Mobile is on a role with all these prepaid plan changes.

Didn't know legacy couldn't include data:
http://www.tmonews.com/2014/08/t-mobile ... flat-rate/
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
alanbrenton wrote: So it's probably better to go with Pay as you go? I still have those $90+ balance accounts that will expire in June if I don't top up. At least with pay as you go, I don't have to add $10 every 90 days. :)

=====

I will just stick with the $3/day for now and switch to the pay go just a little prior to expiration date. Wow T-Mobile is on a role with all these prepaid plan changes.

Didn't know legacy couldn't include data:
http://www.tmonews.com/2014/08/t-mobile ... flat-rate/
Well if $36 a year is ok for you. Then you can put in the $3/month
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: Well if $36 a year is ok for you. Then you can put in the $3/month
With the $3/day plan, once the expiration date is near, it will cost $10 every 90 days to keep in effect so it's almost a wash.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: and the data add on now include Smartphone Mobile HotSpot.
Hummmm.... Smartphone Mobile HotSpot has always been available to me. I joined TM prepaid since 2011.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
h2o- wrote: Hummmm.... Smartphone Mobile HotSpot has always been available to me. I joined TM prepaid since 2011.
never worked for me and Tmobile told me not included with daily plan. I joined in 2013
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10356 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: time to switch to Roam mobility

Agreed. I lost my T Mobile account balance by forgetting to renew anyway ................... I shouldn't have kept more than I needed to achieve the gold status :( I hate things with expiration date :D
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
So confused now.

I am on Pay as you Go (Legacy) expires June 2015.

Going to USA tomorrow and wanted Data, so now I need to switch to the new PAYG $3/mth plan to get a data pass correct?

"Pay As You Go: Service available for 30 days after activation/refill/conversion; then account is suspended. If you have a balance, your plan will resume for 30 days with 30 voice min. or SMS messages. After this 30-day period, your account is suspended. If funds available, additional minutes/messages @ $0.10/minute or message."

Once Im back from the States in a week, will my balance just slowly deplete by $3 a month, or will my account expire/suspended?

How do I keep it active so I don't lose my balance???
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Damm...im stuck on the 2G $2 plan now... noooooooooooooo

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)