Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Vancouver] Car2go $10 Lifetime Membership + 30 Mins driving

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2012 9:06 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 9, 2007
828 posts
206 upvotes
Surrey

[Vancouver] Car2go $10 Lifetime Membership + 30 Mins driving

Copy/Paste of what this is from their website for the lazy:

[QUOTE]What is car2go?

car2go is a groundbreaking mobility program redefining transportation in rapidly growing urban areas. Launched in Ulm, Germany in March 2009 and in Austin, Texas in May 2010 car2go provides a fleet of free-floating, low-emissions, self-service smart fortwo cars distributed all over the city.
car2go vehicles can be accessed on-demand or reserved for up to 24 hours in advance.
Unlike traditional carsharing companies, car2go allows its members to use the vehicle for as long as they like, without committing to a specific return time or location.
You can make one-way trips and can even end your rental in any permit only residential on-street parking spot or designated car2go parking location within the Home Area.
Attractive “by-the-minute” rates include costs for fuel, insurance, parking and maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Link: http://car2govancouver.com/

Promo Code: Fall2012
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
5000 posts
611 upvotes
Victoria
site is down
Not a political sig
Dec 11, 2003
102 posts
5 upvotes
Burnaby
thanks, i was going to try this out regardless but id rather save $$$ !!!

Cheers
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
All I see is:

Index of /

cgi-bin/
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at car2govancouver.com Port 80
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Dec 11, 2003
102 posts
5 upvotes
Burnaby
sites down,

unless this is their front page
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at car2govancouver.com Port 80
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1218 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
Are all the cars manual?
Jun 21, 2009
102 posts
25 upvotes
If anyone signed up for this promo - what is the expiry date of the driving credit, if any? Thanks.
Nov 26, 2003
712 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary
I've been waiting for a promo like this one in Calgary
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
Popular wrote: Are all the cars manual?
They're manual gearboxes with a full auto mode.

I used a coupon code that waived the entire membership fee plus gave 30 minutes driving time, try "Christmas".
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
Instead of signing up for these deals where you still need to pay $10, attempt to catch Car2go during special events. I signed up last year at the TD Jazz festival for free, got 30 minutes and then spun their "wheel of prizes" to get another 80 minutes free on my account. 110 minutes in total. Not bad for a few hops around town.
I used car2go during the Brazil Fireworks over the summer, and was out of Downtown in under 15 minutes right after the show ended. I hear they will start having electric Smart cars available soon?
Aug 2, 2007
442 posts
258 upvotes
Seoul
I just sent these questions to C2G, in the meantime, anyone have experience with any of my questions?

I'm sure its a rare occurrence but ive had a bad experience with a rental car..... so yea....

I have a few questions and comments!
I have never used car2go and have only just signed up so excuse me if some of the questions are self explanatory/explained on site.

1. When a 'new' driver uses a car and sees exterior damage and reports a sad face, what happens after that?

2. How does Car2Go(c2g) determine if the damage was from the previous user or a result of vandalism that occurred when it was parked.

3. At which point does the member start to get charged/rated? When the ignition is started for the first time? When the card is checked? etc.

4. What happens if interior damage from a previous owner was missed in the check up but was found by the next user?

5. Are all fine/fee incurring items(documents, gas card, charging card) in the car secured like the key?
5a) Are there options in the touch screen to report missing items after the choosing the sad face?
5b) Can you guys provide me an exhaustive list of what should be inside the car?

6. What happens if the car was involved in a not-at-fault accident?
6a) Damaged/vandalized while locked and parked??

7 How long does a charge take?

8 If I rent a car and see that its not in a satisfactory condition, can i back out of the rent? ex\ low fuel, smell, dirty

9. Is it possible to use a car that was parked outside the home area?
9a) If I member card swiped such a car but decided to not use it, will I be charged a fee for not ending in a home area?
9b) If I did use it, will there be a fine for parking it in the same spot?
9c) A reward for moving it to a home area?
9d) Will a car notify the new user that it is outside a home area?

Are there any cameras in the car to address these issues? plans to?

Thanks in advanced.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)