Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Western Digital 250gig HD $129.99 at BB

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2005 12:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …

[Best Buy] Western Digital 250gig HD $129.99 at BB

BestBuy.ca has the Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive for $129.99 after $65.00 instant savings and
$75.00 Mail-in rebate CLICK ME 190 in stock. I wonder if Western Digital will accept rebates from both future shop and best buy for this. 2 rebates for same item but from different stores...probably not :confused:
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
bug wrote:BestBuy.ca has the Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive for $129.99 after $65.00 instant savings and
$75.00 Mail-in rebate CLICK ME 190 in stock. I wonder if Western Digital will accept rebates from both future shop and best buy for this. 2 rebates for same item but from different stores...probably not :confused:
The 160 gig at $15 in the Hot Deals Forum is a much better deal for those of us who scooped one! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
plymouthhater wrote:The 160 gig at $15 in the Hot Deals Forum is a much better deal for those of us who scooped one! :cheesygri
Agreed, if they honor that price. I'm not convinced it wasn't an error.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4451 posts
250 upvotes
bug wrote:Agreed, if they honor that price. I'm not convinced it wasn't an error.
Go in store.........
Aug 9, 2001
874 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Wildfire wrote:Go in store.........
I did go in store...

they said that it was a web only sale... which means they'r ehonouring it...

also.. they have a ton of the drives in store... however they'e priced at like 160 or 170 then a $60US MIR...
-----

DMPP
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
yes go to the store, I got mine no problem
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Aug 9, 2001
874 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Vinsanity1379 wrote:still a good deal nonetheless.
if it was S-ATA then it would be a good deal... this is luke warm...
-----

DMPP
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, this is quite a good deal, the best price on ************ for one of these OEM drives is $179+taxes, meaning ~$206 in ON. The BB/FS price is $160 after tax and rebate which is from WD, which has never failed for me before. Some may say you'll get 3 yrs with the OEM drive, well so what, for an extra $20 CAD, you'll get 3 yrs on this drive too, making it about $20 cheaper than any other OEM pricing.
dmpP2 wrote:if it was S-ATA then it would be a good deal... this is luke warm...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
For the extra $20 for 3 yr warranty.....who do we buy from ?? WD? or BB?

Eluder wrote:Actually, this is quite a good deal, the best price on ************ for one of these OEM drives is $179+taxes, meaning ~$206 in ON. The BB/FS price is $160 after tax and rebate which is from WD, which has never failed for me before. Some may say you'll get 3 yrs with the OEM drive, well so what, for an extra $20 CAD, you'll get 3 yrs on this drive too, making it about $20 cheaper than any other OEM pricing.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
BTW, it's now:

"Taking Orders: Will ship when available"

How long do we know it's going to take before they actually ship out? 1 month, 2 or more??
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Well the $20 I mentioned is from WD... I dunno how much BB chargers for their PSP, if it's close, I'd go with BB, cause then you could just do an over the counter exchange I would guess.
HamsterGirl35 wrote:For the extra $20 for 3 yr warranty.....who do we buy from ?? WD? or BB?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
looks like it's dead.....as the MIR form stated:

=============================================
OFFER DATE: December 24, 2004 to December 30, 2004
Sep 19, 2003
9 posts
HamsterGirl35 wrote:looks like it's dead.....as the MIR form stated:

Frick... is the deal really dead? I ordered the drive on Dec 30 and it wasn't in stock--- "Taking Orders: Will ship when available".

The rebate form says:
Postmark by: January 30, 2005
[...]
"Any requests postmarked after applicable dates will be returned as ineligible. Receipt must include a date that corresponds within the promotional period."

Help...?
Aug 9, 2001
874 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
odd how ppl don't read... :lol:

I said that there were a ton in store... ie... B&M... go there... if they don't have them online it doesn't mean they're not in store... and I think there were less than 80 after MIR in store... In the GTA, I went a few days ago.. (I think 4 or 5 days ago)... the BB at Wilson and Keele area had a skid of them.

Worth a shot... being sold out online doesn't mean it's dead...
-----

DMPP
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
dmpP2 wrote:odd how ppl don't read... :lol:

I said that there were a ton in store... ie... B&M... go there... if they don't have them online it doesn't mean they're not in store... and I think there were less than 80 after MIR in store... In the GTA, I went a few days ago.. (I think 4 or 5 days ago)... the BB at Wilson and Keele area had a skid of them.

Worth a shot... being sold out online doesn't mean it's dead...
They were the same price in store ($129.99 AFTER REBATE)
As for rebate, I don't know, not worth the risk so I'd return it or cancel the order
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
I received mine on Friday... now have a total of 410GB... that's more than sufficient I would think. :) I wonder if your ordering on the 30th means that is your order date and therefore within the rebate period.
Nov 27, 2003
72 posts
Anyone have any experience with OOS shipment and rebates, I have ordered the WD 250gb from BB and now they have said its OOS and will ship when available.. Since they havn't charged my cc the receipt will show up after the rebate time is over, anyone have any experience with OOS and rebates like this? Id like to know so I can cancell if there is gunna be a problem instead of returning
Sep 19, 2003
9 posts
I went to the best buy site to look at my order status

http://www.bestbuy.ca/helpsection/en/or ... =EN&dept=0

It shows " Order Number 1588148, placed on December 30, 2004 at 10:08 (PST)."

If the receipt contains that date then technically the rebate should be valid according to the wording on the rebate form?

I think I'll try calling them at 1866 327 8352 during normal business hours. If anyone does call, please let me know what they tell you.

2- If they don't honor the rebate it's like false advertising...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)