Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nike

Sport Chek - Nike Pro Combat Hyperwarm Apparel 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 12:47 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary

[Nike] Sport Chek - Nike Pro Combat Hyperwarm Apparel 40% off

http://www.sportchek.ca/search/index.js ... rwarm&sr=1

Numerous men and women styles on sale. Picked up a couple tops yesterday for winter running and they feel great & warm. It's fitted so most likely you'll have to one-size up from what you normally wear. Great gear for winter activities such as running, snowshoeing, skiing or even shoveling your driveway.
25 replies
Apr 7, 2009
418 posts
87 upvotes
Oshawa
Anyone into this stuff for skiing/snowboarding as a base layer?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
I want. When does sale end?
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
is this stuff actually warm and a hot deal? $50 still looks pretty expense, i'm sure there are cheaper alternatives elsewhere?
Apr 14, 2004
331 posts
8 upvotes
anyone have experience with these? How does it compare with the under armor cold gear or your typical merino wool base layers?
Apr 10, 2005
216 posts
83 upvotes
If you're looking for base layer stuff I'd rather just buy it from Costco. Yeah it might not be Nike but for half the price of the Nike sale price that I'm sure does the same job for skiing or other outdoor activities
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
I got some tights when they were on sale at National, they are good, no complaints. I use them mostly in the fall for cycling and for the winter for running. The tops seem similar to UA but I don't know if they only carry fitted. I like the compression tops and order the UA (I love my UA mocks) from ebay, National Sports only had fitted tops. Use the team assist and it seems like a good deal, this stuff is usually fairly expensive. Also check National Sports, they had them for cheaper a little while back and I used the $10 off.

I can't compare them to every other brand but I have used cheaper stuff in the past like Old Navy and Adidas and now I only use UA or Nike. There stuff is better, maybe its not worth double price but I think the Nike and UA stuff is awesome.
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
This stuff is awesome for winter commuting. Ordered, thanks OP!
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
$10 for shipping and it's still a hot deal. I swear by the Nike Pro long sleeve tops while cycle commuting daily in winter. I use as a base layer and only have a softshell fleece for a jacket which gives me the right amount of warmth, breathability and moisture wicking. I also have used UA and Addidas clima-cool and they don't compare for warmth.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
I use Columbia's omniheat baselayer for cycling, hiking and running: http://www.columbia.com/Mens-Womens-Bas ... lt,pg.html

They have three different thickness to choose from for different warmth requirement.

The other one that I wear is Patagonia's Capilene 4 Expedition which I find if decent as casual wear (as it's not fitted).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
how does this compare to a plain 100% merino wool baselayer? Nike Pro Combat is made of polyester. Can you wear one a few consecutive days without it smelling?
Sep 6, 2010
789 posts
99 upvotes
Waterloo
Merino wool is definitely better.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
CsG wrote: Merino wool is definitely better.
But way more expensive.
Oct 17, 2012
323 posts
141 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Winners and Marshall's sometimes have decent thermal layers for as low as $12.. even less when on clearance.
Finding the right size is always a struggle though. They never seem to have large or medium.
Sep 6, 2010
789 posts
99 upvotes
Waterloo
Inno wrote: But way more expensive.
Oh, most definitely!
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Inno wrote: But way more expensive.
Costco recently had 100% merino long sleeve shirts for just $20.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
Talamasca wrote: Costco recently had 100% merino long sleeve shirts for just $20.
I was just going to reply to that quote but you did it for me! Costco's Merino Shirts and Pants are superb. I always wear them snowboarding and they keep me warm enough. They sometimes go on sale too. I think i saw some $16-17 at the end of last winter season and they were clearing them out. That's not expensive. Regular Price isn't expensive either.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)