• May 30th, 2023 8:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
rabbit wrote: I thought I recognized Professor Zoom's voice.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865302/

There was an article I read where they wanted to use a "masked" voice so they could reveal whomever they wanted as Zoom. So that actor is only doing the voice, but isn't zoom. Sort of like Darth Vader's voice was different with the helmet on :)
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
The theory that is going online (which i tend to agree and really like) is that Zoom is Earth Two's Henry Allen. Plus that it could somehow tie into the original Flash is very cool

Earth 2 STAR Slabs was started in 1991, the same year as the original 90s Flash show ended.

Zoom is sending metahumans after Flash because he doesn't want to face his son.

Zoom has a build that more resembled Henry than Barry or any one else.

The writers shooed Henry out of the story to help you forget about him and not even have him in the audience's consideration.
[external link removed]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Hmm, yeah, that's an interesting theory. I'm not sure I like the idea of "father" being after his son, though.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Bear with me- I don't follow the comics.

So is the Reverse Flash dead? I'd read in the wiki that Reverse Flash is also known as Zoom.

Why are they making Earth 2 Flash such a sissy?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Dragon120 wrote: Bear with me- I don't follow the comics.

So is the Reverse Flash dead? I'd read in the wiki that Reverse Flash is also known as Zoom.
Do not need to follow the comics to watch these shows.

Earth-1, Reverse-Flash (Eobard Thawne) got erased when Detective Eddie Thawne (an ancestor of Eobard) killed himself.
Earth-2, Zoom's identity has not been revealed.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dragon120 wrote: Bear with me- I don't follow the comics.

Why are they making Earth 2 Flash such a sissy?
The only point of confusion is that in the comics both "Flash" and "Reverse Flash" are superhero/villain identities which have been used by various people over the years. Kind of like if you ever followed Batman, you'd know that there have been multiple people who assumed the role of "Robin".

Reverse Flash in the comics has had 3 identities over the years:
- Eobard Thawne who goes by the alias "Professor Zoom"
- Hunter Zolomon who goes by the alias "Zoom"
- Thaddeus Thawne who goes by the alias "Inertia"

In the TV show, Eobard Thawne was never referred to as "Professor Zoom" despite his comic book name being that, which led to confusion when comic readers referred to him as such. "Zoom" in the TV show is an entirely new character which remains to be seen who he is.

Likewise, Earth 2 Flash is actually the first comic book Flash from the 50s, aka "Jay Garrick". Barry Allen is the 2nd Flash and in the comics there is also Wally West that comes after.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Interesting way to introduce the "Gorilla city" place from the comic books.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Has anyone seen The Flash tv show from the early 90s?

I recently started watching it after I learnt of it and while it's pretty cheesy, I think it's cool how the 2014 version has done a few "nods" to the 90s version. You'd never realize it unless you've seen it before.

For example:

The actor who plays Barry's dad in the 2014 version of The Flash was The Flash in the 1990s version (he played Barry Allen).

The actress who plays Dr. Tina McGee in the 2014 version (she's only been in a few episodes) is the same actress who played Dr. Tina McGee in the 1990s version.

In the 2014 version we had an episode called "Tricksters", with Mark Hamil playing the trickster who was in prison. In the 1990s version Mark Hamill plays the same character in which The Flash stops him and he goes to prison.

I wonder if there have been any other things I've missed before while watching the show.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
BobSagget wrote: Has anyone seen The Flash tv show from the early 90s?

I recently started watching it after I learnt of it and while it's pretty cheesy, I think it's cool how the 2014 version has done a few "nods" to the 90s version. You'd never realize it unless you've seen it before.

For example:

The actor who plays Barry's dad in the 2014 version of The Flash was The Flash in the 1990s version (he played Barry Allen).

The actress who plays Dr. Tina McGee in the 2014 version (she's only been in a few episodes) is the same actress who played Dr. Tina McGee in the 1990s version.

In the 2014 version we had an episode called "Tricksters", with Mark Hamil playing the trickster who was in prison. In the 1990s version Mark Hamill plays the same character in which The Flash stops him and he goes to prison.

I wonder if there have been any other things I've missed before while watching the show.
John Wesley-Shipp was also Dawson's father from Dawson's Creek!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Anyone going to watch tonights episode? "Legends of Today"

The Flash Clip Teases Hawkman and Legends of Tomorrow
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Has anyone seen The Flash tv show from the early 90s?

For example:

Yeah, I mentioned on this thread before that Barry Allen/Flash's father in the new show played the Flash in the 90's TV Series also.

I like the 90's Flash Muscular design and look of the costume more than the kinky leather costume of the new Flash.

Also, expect Mark Hamill to return as the Trickster again for another episode or so...he had shaved his beard from Star Wars Episode 7 to shoot the Flash episode....and has now regrown the beard because he will be back in Episode 8 as confirmed by himself recently when they start shooting soon.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3416 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
I try to turn my brain off when watching the Flash, but these crossovers always amps up the stupidity.
Does Jay Garrick has an apartment in Central city? If he doesn't want to help the flash why does he stay around.
Why does the Arrow's half sister's dad always roll with a posse? and how were they able to track the hunter guy out of the city but not to Central City? Were they following him on Instagram?
If the staff was in Central City the entire time why didn't the hunter dude just grab it before going to Star City?
When Barry was moving, as everyone was frozen in time, how did the hunter become fast enough to spear Barry?
Barry does not need Oliver's help, not unless it's for dating advice.
Is there zero security at Star labs?
Is Caitlyn that fast and that deaf, she literally was out of the shot for a second or 2 before Barry's girlfriend showed up.
So many absurdities...
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17432 posts
12778 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Anyone going to watch tonights episode? "Legends of Today"

The Flash Clip Teases Hawkman and Legends of Tomorrow
I felt it was overstuffed with too many storylines especially the kid at the end
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yeah not sure where the producers/scriptwriters are going with the kid thing...
bmaz wrote: I try to turn my brain off when watching the Flash, but these crossovers always amps up the stupidity.
Does Jay Garrick has an apartment in Central city? If he doesn't want to help the flash why does he stay around.
Why does the Arrow's half sister's dad always roll with a posse? and how were they able to track the hunter guy out of the city but not to Central City? Were they following him on Instagram?
If the staff was in Central City the entire time why didn't the hunter dude just grab it before going to Star City?
When Barry was moving, as everyone was frozen in time, how did the hunter become fast enough to spear Barry?
Barry does not need Oliver's help, not unless it's for dating advice.
Is there zero security at Star labs?
Is Caitlyn that fast and that deaf, she literally was out of the shot for a second or 2 before Barry's girlfriend showed up.
So many absurdities...
Yeah agreed, but that kind of applies to almost just about every fantasy/sci-fi TV show out there IMO (and many regular ones too).
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3416 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
uber_shnitz wrote: ...Yeah agreed, but that kind of applies to almost just about every fantasy/sci-fi TV show out there IMO (and many regular ones too).
Arrow is the absolute worst, when it comes to not only story but directing. Caitlyn was in the shot with Dr. Wells @ 28:15 in the episode @ 28:18 Barry's girl's voice was heard as she came in the shot, Caitlyn was nowhere to be found.
In less than 3 seconds Caitlyn was nowehere to be found, they could have directed/edited that much better.
There was a similar scene in a previous episode in which Jay walked out of the shot for maybe 2 seconds when the other professor went into shock, Jay did not hear the commotion and he was completely missing from the next episode, which had resumed right where the previous episode had left off.
I don't typically nitpick in regards to continuity or how movies/shows are directed, but in the Flash some of these things are so damn obvious.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Scorpionsy wrote: Also, expect Mark Hamill to return as the Trickster again for another episode or so...he had shaved his beard from Star Wars Episode 7 to shoot the Flash episode....and has now regrown the beard because he will be back in Episode 8 as confirmed by himself recently when they start shooting soon.
"It's official. Santa hates us."
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I don't know why I didn't see it coming with the last names and all but seems they dropped the Wally West bomb on us. A bit odd considering he's the same age as Barry (in the comics, Wally is the 3rd Flash) but I guess they might forgo the whole "Wally West is the Flash" storyline?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)