• Jul 20th, 2005 11:06 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 8, 2003
625 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto

Where do you find your Vacation deals?

Currently the main wesbites I use for looking for good travel deals are www.tripcentral.ca, www.selloffvacations.com, www.sunholidays.ca, and www.belairtravel.com. I find that those sites usually have the best prices for package vacations.

Where does everyone else look? Also any good tips on saving money for package vacations. I usually get places to match/beat prices from online as all places will do it (more or less).
23 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
2577 posts
102 upvotes
Ottawa
bmwguy wrote:Currently the main wesbites I use for looking for good travel deals are www.tripcentral.ca, www.selloffvacations.com, www.sunholidays.ca, and www.belairtravel.com. I find that those sites usually have the best prices for package vacations.

Where does everyone else look? Also any good tips on saving money for package vacations. I usually get places to match/beat prices from online as all places will do it (more or less).
www.redtag.ca
www.holidaymarkettravel.com

www.flightcentre.ca has higher prices than the other two but they have a lowest price guarantee that has proved useful for me.
Feb 7, 2004
230 posts
Toronto
If you find a cheap place, travel cuts will beat it. That's how I got my tickets to vancouver for cheap.
Dec 17, 2003
722 posts
6 upvotes
I did quite some research on this very topic. It seems that most canadian travel agents use the same software for package deals (Softvoyage). They all share a section of URL, and so I searched that.They all search on the same packages, so it's almost a head to head competition. Here's the search: http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22.softv ... art=0&sa=N

I went through all of them, and here are the cream of the crop:
http://drm-sax.softvoyage.com/cgi-bin/q ... &alias=drm
-SellOffVacations' OLD search, with slightly better deals than the one on their front page. It's the best because they consistently have low prices, and you can search "all countries", which makes it really easy.
http://lei.sax.softvoyage.com/cgi-bin/q ... anguage=en
-Very well organized, but the prices are all over the place.
http://amx-sax.softvoyage.com/cgi-bin/q ... anguage=en
-Best prices, but you can't search all countries. I'd find the deal on SellOff, and buy it here.
http://bro.sax.softvoyage.com/cgi-bin/resultsforf.cgi
-The worst of the best
Jun 25, 2004
334 posts
88 upvotes
Serbia
www.travelzoo.com

Amazing deals, mostly from American cities. But the prices really can't be beat. All the major companies post their best prices on the site. Check out the "top 20" for the best of the best.
Jan 8, 2003
18 posts
Richmond/Kingston
I check out:

www.cheapflights.ca

They provide a summary of all the seat sales per city currently available with all the major airlines. I primarily use them to compare ticket prices for domestic flights with all the airlines.
Sep 8, 2004
255 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
The travel section of the Star or Sun (not the tabloid) usually have all the online places beat. GSA's get the best deals and promote them offline. The online agents usually rely on Softvoyage or Worldspan to "update" their site, and the wholesale consolidators don't get access to promotional rates, just what they previously negotiated.
Nov 3, 2002
956 posts
Manitoba
www.sunseekers.ca is on the same network as the ones mentioned above. Had great results with them.
"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7429 posts
2244 upvotes
Etobicoke
I get my vacation deals after I land at the destination country. Locally sold tours are almost always cheaper than tours available overseas (such as in Canada).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
www.redtag.ca

and

www.itravel2000.com

both use SoftVoyage...so around the same prices...sometimes though 1 is updated faster than others
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
Expedia prices tends to be higher.
Apr 18, 2004
618 posts
1150 upvotes
Calgary
Expedia can be cheaper, it all depends on what you are looking for.

Packages to sun destinations like the Caribbean and Mexico, I would say no. Packages to Las Vegas, Expedia can be very competitive, plus on Vegas packages you can pick pretty much any date of the week at any time and any length of trip whereas most Canadian vacation companies offer Thu-Sun or Sun-Thur packages with late night flights (well at least from Calgary)

Flights, again all depends where you want to go, flights within Canada, no way since the lowest fares on WestJet and Air Canada are only available on the respective company's websites. Last minute American Airlines Netsaavers to the USA are available on Expedia, and to some may be easier to book on expedia.ca rather then aa.com (Canadian based site vs. American based).

Hotels, Expedia's prepaid hotel offers (lots of restrictions when it comes to cancelling) tend to be good in some cases and not so much in others.

I work with Expedia on a daily basis for my travel website and can say "yes and no" to it having good deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
redtag and selloff are very good
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
3006 posts
208 upvotes
ya redtag and selloff i find have hte best prices. Ive purchased from redtag, they have great service.... not sure about selloff, but there prices are good too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)