Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$8.99 for 8pcs of chicken *April 3 ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2014 1:53 pm
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
8.99 for 8 pieces is cheap?? lol they sell chicken for 2 bucks for a whole lb nowadays. For 6 bucks you can buy a mammoth chicken from metro
Oct 10, 2012
392 posts
76 upvotes
London
ilapastel wrote: 8.99 for 8 pieces is cheap?? lol they sell chicken for 2 bucks for a whole lb nowadays. For 6 bucks you can buy a mammoth chicken from metro
You clearly have never experienced the mouth watering bliss that is Popeye's.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
too bad they arent halal anymore :(
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: I think if you add $4 you can get 4 biscuits and a large side like fries. Is that true?
OMG! :facepalm:

I can't believe with this 8 piece chicken special, people are "adding on" an additional 4 biscuits PLUS a Large size fries! lol
Heck, i heard for $1 more you can get an extra large size gravy, so why the heck not...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I ordered two boxes of the mild flavor and they put an apple pie on top of stack. I asked if this was a promotion since I didn't pay for any apple pie. Sadly, they took it back.

No line up at the Kerr location. I'm surprised people are still ordering other combinations when this one clearly is the cheapest though the promotion pamphlets were not too obvious as they were only stacked on of the taller counters.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
ilapastel wrote: 8.99 for 8 pieces is cheap?? lol they sell chicken for 2 bucks for a whole lb nowadays. For 6 bucks you can buy a mammoth chicken from metro
:arrowu:

I think I met my match -- someone a lot more frugal than I am. LOL. I did buy two packs of oatmeal and a few boxes of bran cereal to average down on our total food expenditure for the next few days/weeks.

For those who mentioned eating it with rice, does it make for a less salty meal?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: :arrowu:

I think I met my match -- someone a lot more frugal than I am. LOL. I did buy two packs of oatmeal and a few boxes of bran cereal to average down on our total food expenditure for the next few days/weeks.

For those who mentioned eating it with rice, does it make for a less salty meal?
Yes the saltiness is reduced due to the taste of plain rice absorbing the salt.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1624 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
I was at the Yonge location between Steeles and Finch about an hour ago. No line up. Was in and out in 2 minutes. Looks like they had a bunch ready-to-go. Got 2 orders myself. Thanks OP. :)
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
No lineup. 445pm at eglinton/MT pleasant in Toronto
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Yes the saltiness is reduced due to the taste of plain rice absorbing the salt.
Thanks. Sounds very scientific and convincing.

Let me try that combination. Not only that, rice is a lot cheaper than the the piece of chicken so the cost of the meal can easily be cut in half or a third.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: Thanks. Sounds very scientific and convincing.

Let me try that combination. Not only that, rice is a lot cheaper than the the piece of chicken so the cost of the meal can easily be cut in half or a third.
Here's a quick flavourful mexican rice I usually whip up for the kids to eat this chicken with.

Oil in pot, add some onion and 2-3 cups of washed parboiled rice and fry it a bit.
Add 2 cups of salsa, salt to taste and add enough chicken broth or plain water and cook the rice.

It's has more flavour than plain rice and goes really well with the crispy fried chicken :D
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1160 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ez_86 wrote: too bad they arent halal anymore :(
Depends on the location maybe. The one near DVP and Eglinton (south west of there i dunno) in a plaza with thte kabob place.... anyways... last time took 45 minutes or something but they had a thigny saying halal.

Anyways, rice + fried chicken seems normal to me since I've had it like that as a kid with my parents.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote: too bad they arent halal anymore :(
I think the new one is Mississauga is. Central pkwy and Confederation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)