• Apr 15th, 2014 9:02 am
Tags:
None
Mar 7, 2014
289 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga

Women walking with umbrellas in the sun

What is it with some people's phobia of the sun?

There's this woman who uses the same parking lot at work I do, and some mornings I see her get out of her BMW X3 with a gigantic sun visor covering her face, and she doesn't remove it until she is inside the building. She does this even on mornings when it's only slightly sunny.

Today again I saw several women walking with umbrellas down the street. Sun was out, but it's not over bearing.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Exposure to the sun will make you age faster.
Be Happy
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
They could have vitiligo.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
They are afraid of vitamin D overdoses.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Ottomaddox wrote: They are afraid of vitamin D overdoses.
Direct exposure to the sun gets you your vitamin D, but again, you get the harmful UV rays.
Be Happy
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
if its asian women then asian considered white milky skin tone a sign of richness or something like that
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
794 upvotes
North York
Umbrella is sun makes more scientific sense.

It shows ZERO (even negative IQ) for those drivers whom wear those STUPID/IDOTIC face sun shields (the yellow/green plastic shields) while driving.

Shows the power of group think and how easily a certain demographic can be influenced.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1399 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is the X3 beige?
Was her previous car a beige corolla? Or a beige lexus rx?
Oct 2, 2013
41 posts
Windsor
sun exposure makes you look aged after the years of sun pile up. thats why u see really "leathery" old people

In this case though they are walking to/from a parking lot so the sun exposure they get is minimal. It's not like they are spending the day at a beach or working outside..
kinda weird if u ask me
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Contrary to popular belief, collapsible umbrellas first invented and used in ancient china circa 2000 bc were used to shield against sun before being waterproofed using wax or lacquer and used for rain in later centuries. The use for umbrellas to shield against sunlight gradually disappeared in favor of hats. So when you see peeps using umbrellas to shield sunlight they are using it for its original intended use. Higher quality umbrellas like Senz have UV protection in the material. It is coincidental that majority of peeps who use umbrellas to block sun happens to be asians (at least in TO).
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
Mujeeb wrote: What is it with some people's phobia of the sun?

There's this woman who uses the same parking lot at work I do, and some mornings I see her get out of her BMW X3 with a gigantic sun visor covering her face, and she doesn't remove it until she is inside the building. She does this even on mornings when it's only slightly sunny.

Today again I saw several women walking with umbrellas down the street. Sun was out, but it's not over bearing.
People use umbrellas in the sun? When did this happen?

OP why do you bother about such things. move on.

She should use this [IMG]http://static.flickr.com/43/81441029_a95c5bcd1b_o.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Mujeeb wrote: What is it with some people's phobia of the sun?

She probably drives and parks poorly and doesn't want her face on camera. I've seen a lot of people who drive and park poorly do this.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
Parasols have been common for centuries.

When we were in China, wife picked one up and it was a godsend. She doesn't handle 30c in full sun well. This ade I cooler and prevented burning.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
during summer, I bring and use an umbrella when I know Im going to be outside under the sun for a while
beats trying to find a shade when it gets too hot
Mar 7, 2014
289 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes strong summer sun is one thing. If they were doing it in the summer I wouldn't find it so weird. But it's early april. The temps are in the low teens. And I've seen women use umbrellas for short walks where they would probably be in the sun for only 3 minutes from the car to the office door. Is there any possibility of sun causing any damage at these temperatures in such a quick time?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)