Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Lowes: Organic topsoil $.99 per bag

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2014 5:55 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto

Lowes: Organic topsoil $.99 per bag

Deal Link:
I know this deal was in their flyer two previous Saturday's ago (one-day deal) but was at Lowes today (Oshawa) and saw few skids. Bought 30 bags...the price was displayed at $.99 per bag.

No experience with this brand but will most likely mix this bag with the HD $.99 topsoil a couple weeks ago. I bought 30 bags from HD but running low so reloaded...
8 replies
Jul 6, 2004
411 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough
Maybe it's only the store that I bought it from, but the Castlefield store (near Dufferin) in Toronto was selling non-organic soil despite what was being advertised. The store manager claimed it was "organic" because there were no additives. Complete false advertising.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
a little bit smaller bags then the $0.99 sale at home depot last week
May 30, 2010
341 posts
517 upvotes
the HD deal was not organic. pretty hot imo.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Derick wrote: the HD deal was not organic. pretty hot imo.
If you believe that makes any difference.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Since someone revived this thread.
Just wanted to point out that there were no other unwanted ingredients in the bags I've used so far- already used 10 bags and all I see were soil (no small particles, no rocks, etc). Uses it on planting new shrubs amd growing grass.
Dec 25, 2010
502 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
the term "organic" is just marketing now a days
#Mushrooms
Jul 12, 2005
548 posts
314 upvotes
Till a certain extent, I agree with you unless you can trace the ingredients like for organic foods that claim to be organic there's a traceability report for the product. Here's a link For the folks who dont know or might be interested to know more -

http://www.google.ca/search?q=rootalive ... ity+report
robertla wrote: the term "organic" is just marketing now a days
Jan 31, 2013
60 posts
33 upvotes
Edmonton
For our flower beds I purchased 50 bags at the beginning of the week and have used 8 bags so far. all of the bags i opened have had rocks,small branches and twigs in them.i am making a simple screen to clean the soil as there was enough in each bag that warranted a cleaning,but it was worth the effort for the price.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)