Cell Phones

QUICK: Urgent help unlocking this phone with a rebel sim?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2014 2:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto

QUICK: Urgent help unlocking this phone with a rebel sim?

So I purchased the rebel sim to unlock my iphone 5s which is locked to docomo in Japan. The RFDer I purchased from isnt online now and have his phone turned off, so hoping someone here can guide me since I had to change my sim to nano and now cant use my previous sim on my previous phone (iphone 4s). Until he's online and able to help I have access to no phone which is hard. :(

Steps:
4. place tray with your rebel sim attached to your sim card into the iphone sim card tray slot.
5. power on your phone and wait up to 5 minutes.
6. you will be prompted with a menu asking you to select the model iphone and carrier which your phone is locked to.

Alternatively you can also access this screen by tapping on Settings > Phone > SIM Applications and select RSIM.
you would then select the model iphone and carrier your phone is locked to from the list. if your carrier is not listed you can then select OTHER CARRIER followed by your IMSI code.

Well after turning the power on nothing happens, no screen pops up and when I try the alternative method the "PHONE" option isnt active and says "No sim". The SIM is activated with Fido as I double checked.

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226 ... 1fb2fb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226 ... a993a5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226 ... 59a396.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226 ... 5aa689.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226 ... f4f46a.jpg[/IMG]
17 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like it's not even detecting any SIM.
According to their PDF, page 5, the iPhone should detect a SIM and allow you to go to SIM applications.

Either the SIM is loosely fit in the phone, or.. I dont know.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
alkizmo wrote: Looks like it's not even detecting any SIM.
According to their PDF, page 5, the iPhone should detect a SIM and allow you to go to SIM applications.

Either the SIM is loosely fit in the phone, or.. I dont know.
Thanks I wasnt given a PDF like the one you posted. I am wondering what this means:

Step 1 Stick The Rebelsimcard NanoriOS Simcard under your micro or nano network simcard by removing the Protective Brown paper
underneath
. Place on a table and press down with your thumb on your network simcard with NanoriOS is stuck underneath to be sure of a
good connection.

I dont think the rebel sim had any film on it? Its red on one side and gold on the other side?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Ok so I took the rebel part off and just inserted the sim to the phone and it does remove that issue...so its the way Im inserting the rebel + sim into the phone. I wasnt given any instructions of how to add it to add it to the SIM...does the rebel sticks to the actual sim? I dont want to try and remove some sort of film only to find out it doesnt have one etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who's unlocked a similar phone can explain to be exactly how the rebel sim and fido sim goes together?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
the chip and bumpy part of your rebelsim should be facing inward towards you.
you then place your nano sim and it facing outward inward to the sim card tray touching the bumpy part of your rebel sim.
the bumpy part of the rebel and the gold contacts on your nano sim have to make contact.
once this is done slide it in.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
shushwap wrote: Why not just do a google search
Right because google has the answer to EVERYTHING and obviously I've looked up on google/youtube. -_-
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
mmhassa2 wrote: Right because google has the answer to EVERYTHING and obviously I've looked up on google/youtube. -_-
No, but reading the PDF I linked you would help.

Page 4 tell you about what SIM card to use and what to do with the SIM card
Page 4 tells you that if you have an original SIM card, that you have to install a patch on your phone (page 7)

You're a grown man. Read the instruction manual COMPLETELY.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
alkizmo wrote: No, but reading the PDF I linked you would help.

Page 4 tell you about what SIM card to use and what to do with the SIM card
Page 4 tells you that if you have an original SIM card, that you have to install a patch on your phone (page 7)

You're a grown man. Read the instruction manual COMPLETELY.
I have read the PDF BUT since I purchased the unlock package through a RFD member he's told me to follow the instructions he sent via PM (Which a I posted on the OP). I dont even know where the SIM rebel he sent came from, so not sure the PDF you posted is specifically for the one I have. I did notice the info about installing a patch and have asked him if this could be an issue, lets hope it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Just curious, how much did you pay for this "Rebel SIM"?
A little under $90.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
The seller asked me to try and see if the patch works after I inquired about it but the address he gave is for some sort of investment site? www.rsim.com/nano4g, while the PDF says to go to rebelsimcard.com/patch to install.

I'm starting to feel the seller isn't very knowledgeable even though he came from a fellow RFDer member?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
let me clear the air here. i am the seller.
second i did not give you the address rebelsimcard.com/patch ever at any time. nor did i ever give you any pdf to read. you got that info in this thread from another user despite my instructions.
third i gave you 2 options to unlock for that phone. you choose the lesser expensive and more technical which was explained to you. rather the factory unlock option.
fourth i gave you clear instructions on how to use this in several pm's as well as youtube videos on basic installation.
and last the address you linked is not the address i gave you again. i gave you www.rsim5.com/nano4g and you were instructed to open this in safari on your iphone AFTER physical installation of your rsim and nano sim.
now after that sale was completed whether or not you have the technical knowledge to follow simple instructions is not my fault nor my problem. even a few fellow members on here tried helping you but your not taking advice and not listening to them too.
you were sold the product which was sealed and shipped to your door as promised via 2 day delivery. from this point on i completed my end of the sale. you were given installation instructions and videos to guide you.
anything past this is no longer my responsibility.
so based on that history i don't think you have the right to question my knowledge given the facts.
mmhassa2 wrote: The seller asked me to try and see if the patch works after I inquired about it but the address he gave is for some sort of investment site? www.rsim.com/nano4g, while the PDF says to go to rebelsimcard.com/patch to install.

I'm starting to feel the seller isn't very knowledgeable even though he came from a fellow RFDer member?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
update:
so i met up with the user in person for some basic troubleshooting.
rsim was not damaged. user had both fido and docomo nano sims present.
both were not active with no service on both.
rsim needs data to take update. so i connected her iphone via wifi and proceeded with first step.
reset phone's network settings...
upon reboot phone asks for language and country.
then it asks for sim card to proceed.
what follows is a standard apple "replacement is needed" error screen.
this happens with both sim cards with and without the rsim.
checked imei blacklist... imei is clean.
at this point i inform the user that their iphone is defective and needs to be swapped by apple as the screen displays.
she understood. had a few questions and went on her way.
at this point i have done everything within my control to help. but the the problem lies with her handset and not the product sold.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote: update:
so i met up with the user in person for some basic troubleshooting.
rsim was not damaged. user had both fido and docomo nano sims present.
both were not active with no service on both.
rsim needs data to take update. so i connected her iphone via wifi and proceeded with first step.
reset phone's network settings...
upon reboot phone asks for language and country.
then it asks for sim card to proceed.
what follows is a standard apple "replacement is needed" error screen.
this happens with both sim cards with and without the rsim.
checked imei blacklist... imei is clean.
at this point i inform the user that their iphone is defective and needs to be swapped by apple as the screen displays.
she understood. had a few questions and went on her way.
at this point i have done everything within my control to help. but the the problem lies with her handset and not the product sold.
Thanks for the update, you have been helpful. Still not sure why that screen popped up right after you re-set the phone as I didnt have the issue until then.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
me as well. but sure enough as soon as it was done it came up.
you could try a full reset of the phone. see if that helps but from what i have seen in the past and from what others on rfd experienced with iphones.
once you get a standard apple error screen. there is no getting past it.

mmhassa2 wrote: Thanks for the update, you have been helpful. Still not sure why that screen popped up right after you re-set the phone as I didnt have the issue until then.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)