Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR

what to do with overly energetic neighbor

There is a neighbor that lives directly across the street from our home. He is in the mid 50's and his wife past away last year due to cancer. The problem we have is that he brings alot of different female friend back home and they stay up 1am to 2am. Although the noise is not unbearable my parents restrained me from calling and reporting the noise to the police. That was one issue, the next one happened in the afternoon when he was not home and this lady came ringing the door bell and peeking over the hedge into the back yard. Obviously she was looking for our neighbor but could not find him so she went door to door trying to get his whereabouts. When my dad told her he did not know she became rowdy and verbal. We do not care what he does in his house or entertain these kind of ladies but we do care if it affects us, other neighbors and most likely cause our property values to come down.
Yesterday I went to talk to him, I know he is lonely but he has to control his lady friends, to be more discreet and keep it all under his roof and not the neighborhood. The image of the neighbor is riding on his actions. He instead of agreeing kept telling me all these encounters and how all these lady's want to move in with him. Do not want to be a rat but what else can we do besides calling the police everytime something happens?
30 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing much. I wouldn't have been very nice to the woman at the door (if I even opened it), but your only other course of action is just talking with him and keeping up the police contact on anybody that breaks the law around your neighborhood. Maybe build a fence/gate so you keep them out of your yard as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
you have the most entertaining threads. please do not stop. ever.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Mind your own business, him and even his lady friend did nothing wrong.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
koffey wrote: you have the most entertaining threads. please do not stop. ever.
No I do not have entertaining threads but my neighbor keeps telling me about his encounters with these lady friends, how they all listen and obey him, the ladies know his home is mortgage free and want to move in his home. He said he is just going to have all the fun he can with these ladies for now. I think his stories would be the most entertaining for you. This is a problem for the neighbor hood which I am part of.
Aug 2, 2014
364 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this guy serious?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Maybe your parents did not want you to call the police because your neighbor joined an intense swinger club and they let him stay after his wife passed away and your parents are apart of sad club and I need to stop this run along sentence before it is too late.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
What are you jealous because he is getting more action that you. So what if he's over 50, his wife died, does that mean his life ends. Maybe this is how he is coping right now.

Threads like this make me realize why I moved out of the city, so many nosy people

So what you calls the cops and say my neighbour likes sex a lot, and women want to be with him??
Aug 2, 2014
364 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nomdesplumes wrote: No I do not have entertaining threads but my neighbor keeps telling me about his encounters with these lady friends, how they all listen and obey him.....
1) Please retell these stories. You have my attention.
2) Is this thread also about your neighbor? how-would-small-temple-change-neigbourh ... es-1507201
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
You should keep your silly stories to OT.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Negatively affecting property values...really?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Haha :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
OP is just jelly.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
nomdesplumes wrote: There is a neighbor that lives directly across the street from our home. He is in the mid 50's and his wife past away last year due to cancer. The problem we have is that he brings alot of different female friend back home and they stay up 1am to 2am. Although the noise is not unbearable my parents restrained me from calling and reporting the noise to the police. That was one issue, the next one happened in the afternoon when he was not home and this lady came ringing the door bell and peeking over the hedge into the back yard. Obviously she was looking for our neighbor but could not find him so she went door to door trying to get his whereabouts. When my dad told her he did not know she became rowdy and verbal. We do not care what he does in his house or entertain these kind of ladies but we do care if it affects us, other neighbors and most likely cause our property values to come down.
Yesterday I went to talk to him, I know he is lonely but he has to control his lady friends, to be more discreet and keep it all under his roof and not the neighborhood. The image of the neighbor is riding on his actions. He instead of agreeing kept telling me all these encounters and how all these lady's want to move in with him. Do not want to be a rat but what else can we do besides calling the police everytime something happens?
Move. It sounds like you have no grounds to be reporting anything to the police, but you could get in trouble if you make too many frivolous police reports.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18944 posts
10527 upvotes
You think too much of yourself and your neighbourhood if you are worried property values will go down because of a frisky 50 year old. It really seems like he is not a danger or anything, and is no different than any other neighbour (such as a couple going through a divorce, etc).

Unless you lie to the police, it is unlikely they will take you seriously and the only person they would do anything do are the ladies (which does not solve your problem since it sounds like an endless supply).
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Wouldn't be too worried about property values, but it definitely gives a bad impression depending on the neighborhood's moral atmosphere. Police may do something if he appears to be running a brothel...

If the is true, I can relate to the OP. Similar situation with one of my neighbors, except it's a lady who is quite frankly a gold digger. Wouldn't be an issue except when she's switching partners, she behaves erratically and property damage tends to "coincidentally" occur near the property line (which was in dispute until I got a survey done at my expense).
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
Menthol wrote: You're directing your energy wrongly, you should try to get in on some of that action.
No I am not interested in MILFs
Aug 2, 2014
364 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nomdesplumes wrote: No I am not interested in MILFs
If you would Like to F them then obviously you are.

They may also have hot daughters.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
You can send Trunker to harass the guy, harassment is his specialty, just make sure you claim to be someone else in the neighborhood you don't like (if there is one) so when he gets mad at you for using his talents he will claim to be sent by that person then two people you don't like can fight it out.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)