• Jul 9th, 2021 11:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
What's been everyone's favorite PC games this past year? Doesn't have to be a 2014 release. If you got around to playing anything old for the first time this year, feel free to mention it.

My personal favorites going on general enjoyment and hours played would be Wolfenstien, Dragon Age Origins, Insurgency, GRID Autosport, Eurotruck Simulator 2 and Assetto Corsa. I picked up a G27 earlier this year so I've really started enjoying and sinking time into racing/driving games.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: What's been everyone's favorite PC games this past year? Doesn't have to be a 2014 release. If you got around to playing anything old for the first time this year, feel free to mention it.

My personal favorites going on general enjoyment and hours played would be Wolfenstien, Dragon Age Origins, Insurgency, GRID Autosport, Eurotruck Simulator 2 and Assetto Corsa. I picked up a G27 earlier this year so I've really started enjoying and sinking time into racing/driving games.
Farcry 3/4. There hasn't been another game within the past 2 years thats captured my attention so completely.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
CFRTim wrote: STEAM sale coming next week, I'm sure those numbers above are going up ;)
excellent, I will get ReeGee to buy it for me
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
ReeGee wrote: What's been everyone's favorite PC games this past year? Doesn't have to be a 2014 release. If you got around to playing anything old for the first time this year, feel free to mention it.

Haven't picked up anything new lately. I'm sure DA:I would be mine though, if I played it.

Just starting DA:O, long way to go till Inquisition.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
^you are ahead of me then, haven't even started DA:O yet, barely started ff13, I heard it is a short game and it is a corridor simulator, I should be able to reach the end of this long a$$ corridor quick and move on to DA:O.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
D3: RoS, Transistor, Legend of Grimrock II, Dark Souls II.

I've also heard good stuff about the Talos Principle, but I haven't tried it yet.
divx wrote: ff13, I heard it is a short game and it is a corridor simulator
Where did you hear that? The main story is like ~ 50 hours.
Oct 25, 2012
184 posts
60 upvotes
OSHAWA
Made $80 buying and reselling these stupid sacks of gems. 30 minutes to go. Hold on to your butts.
Jan 26, 2008
837 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
There's a DX11 release of Dark Souls II planning for release next year in April. I would hold your wallet for that one.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone do any winter sale purchases yet? Thinking about Ground Zeroes but seems a little overpriced if it's true the console version is like $5 now
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
It's a paid demo. Don't buy it period.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm is it really that short?

Also anyone have any experience buying from nuuvem? BF4 Premium for $26 is sounding reeeaaal nice for the holidays right now
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
ReeGee wrote: Hmmm is it really that short?

Also anyone have any experience buying from nuuvem? BF4 Premium for $26 is sounding reeeaaal nice for the holidays right now
Hour long.

Nuuvem is fine to buy from. Try Origin Mexico first though.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
ReeGee wrote: Anyone do any winter sale purchases yet? Thinking about Ground Zeroes but seems a little overpriced if it's true the console version is like $5 now
Think about is this way. How much would you pay for a bonus mission DLC for any other action or stealth game? And how would you value it? This review makes a good point.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12 ... nd-zeroes/
That’s not for everyone, and fair enough. Ground Zeroes best serves existing Metal Gear Solid fans, and the kind of player who’s into self-improvement. If you like to play a game once and it’s done, pass on by. If you’re on the fence, wait a few months for it to go on sale. But if you like games about getting better, where you’re mastering deep systems and having your skills progressively tested, then Ground Zeroes is the best 50-hour demo you’ll ever play.
I got it for $5 on Xbox Live and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will get it again on PC when it hits $5 since I've already played it quite a bit but would love to have a nicer version, much like how I essentially played through the first 2 Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs simply because of a cheap PC option later.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
squadz wrote: Hour long.

Nuuvem is fine to buy from. Try Origin Mexico first though.
You can technically do it in 10 minutes if you skip the cut scenes and all the side stuff.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-ca ... 0-6418384/

But MGS games are meant to be enjoyed at a slower pace.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Anyone have Styx Master of Shadows? Metacritic is kinda iffy on it but its a stealth game and most reviewers these days are action tards who don't understand stealth games.

Also I hate this Canadian dollar thing on Steam now, several games on my wishlist are no longer able to be purchased. For example Metro Last Light has a store page but no purchase option. Same thing with Puzzle Quest 2. I'm going to look into how to get back the US dollar shop, even with our crappy dollar I would still rather have access to everything on Steam.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
It seems that Metro:LL was removed at some point.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/ ... ilable_in/

Go to the Steam Store page and add /?cc=us to the end of the URL. Then if you search for Puzzle Quest, you'll see the price and be able to add it to your cart. Not sure if you'll be able to buy it though.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
how convenient that Metro LL is gone but Metro LL Redux is available

played a bit of the BF4 second assault maps last night and I'm very impressed. They aren't just straight ports and are expanded and improved quite a bit. Caspian Border 2014 in particular is pretty sick. Looking forward to trying the others over the holidays.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
Anyone tried Assetto Corsa? Any good??
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: Anyone tried Assetto Corsa? Any good??
I've been playing in early access on and off since summer and I love it. 1.0 just released today. Even in early access it was by far the best feeling race sim I've ever played. There's already an impressive mod scene with some high quality content being created for free. I've spent more time racing on custom tracks than the official ones. A wheel is highly recommended.
All that said don't expect a game like GT or Forza where your satisfaction comes from progressing through ranks and unlocking content. There is a career and SP events but they're pretty bare and it's more about mastering the details of the physics tracks and cars so when you kill a hot lap in Corsa, it feels extremely satisfying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)