• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2021 11:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Hiitsdj wrote: So, does Steam offer refunds? I find it highly unlikely, but I've read some times they will for under so many hours played and such, I have no idea.
In NA you get one refund per account.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Ascott wrote: In NA you get one refund per account.
which is absurd for a digital marketplace that has as much dysfunctional garbage for sale as it does. No one can expect steam to speak for the developers of broken games but they should be doing a lot more to protect their massive customer base from them, especially considering how technically easy it is to do. I think steam is a great platform but their customer service and protection should be illegal.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
277 upvotes
TORONTO
Ascott wrote: In NA you get one refund per account.
Sweet, thank you!
squadz wrote: They do not, that I'm aware of. Origin does, however. Not sure about GoG or the others.

As for the thread, still only been playing Heroes of the Storm despite having a massive backlog of games on every console I own. One day.. one day..
Good to hear Origin does, just in case. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
squadz wrote: They do not, that I'm aware of. Origin does, however. Not sure about GoG or the others.

As for the thread, still only been playing Heroes of the Storm despite having a massive backlog of games on every console I own. One day.. one day..
you only do hardcore now? when i msg you for casual, you won't do it
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
divx wrote: you only do hardcore now? when i msg you for casual, you won't do it
Hero League, yeah. Haven't done a quick match since. Mostly team games etc.

I'm rank 9 I believe, as soon as I hit rank 1 I'll be back to do some quick matches. Haven't hit Hero League yet?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReeGee wrote: which is absurd for a digital marketplace that has as much dysfunctional garbage for sale as it does. No one can expect steam to speak for the developers of broken games but they should be doing a lot more to protect their massive customer base from them, especially considering how technically easy it is to do. I think steam is a great platform but their customer service and protection should be illegal.
i never found steam refund to be a big deal, i would take huge discount over not be able to get refund. That said, I was bitter over simcity been so BAD
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
squadz wrote: Hero League, yeah. Haven't done a quick match since. Mostly team games etc.

I'm rank 9 I believe, as soon as I hit rank 1 I'll be back to do some quick matches. Haven't hit Hero League yet?
yeah i used to be a hardcore gamer back when i was poor, after i stopped been poor i changed over to casual, no frame issue playing hearthstone and heroes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: i never found steam refund to be a big deal, i would take huge discount over not be able to get refund. That said, I was bitter over simcity been so BAD
why can't you have big discounts AND a refund policy like every other respectable retailer in North America has? All they have to do is remove the game from your library and credit back to your steam wallet if not your credit card. The system in place couldn't be any simpler. There are so many older and rare games for sale on Steam that straight up won't work on your system for any number of reasons and you'll have no idea until you buy it and try to launch the game.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
squadz wrote: Hero League, yeah. Haven't done a quick match since. Mostly team games etc.

Wait it resets when you hit max level?

I just hit level 18, I can't play Hero League yet... I'm able to win about 75% of my matchs in quick match with randoms, does it get much more difficult in hero league?

What characters do y'all use? I absolutely love using Siege hammer, she's so much fun to use!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReeGee wrote: why can't you have big discounts AND a refund policy like every other respectable retailer in North America has? All they have to do is remove the game from your library and credit back to your steam wallet if not your credit card. The system in place couldn't be any simpler. There are so many older and rare games for sale on Steam that straight up won't work on your system for any number of reasons and you'll have no idea until you buy it and try to launch the game.
i agree 24 hour refund policy would be reasonable
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Wait it resets when you hit max level?

I just hit level 18, I can't play Hero League yet... I'm able to win about 75% of my matchs in quick match with randoms, does it get much more difficult in hero league?

What characters do y'all use? I absolutely love using Siege hammer, she's so much fun to use!
You play quick match up until 30 I believe, then you have the option to play in hero league. Hero League is ranked games, a lot tougher and better players - you start at rank 50 and need to win to hit rank 1. It's a lot more difficult than quick matches.

Big fan of Jaina/Illidan, but I can play pretty much anything.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
^do you get better rewards in hero league compared to quick matches?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
divx wrote: ^do you get better rewards in hero league compared to quick matches?
I can't remember quick matches. You get all the stuff from quick matches, plus rank points I believe.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Wait it resets when you hit max level?

Probably have played sergeant hammer and diablo the most but been playing a fair bit of random recently. I like changing it up.
divx wrote: ^do you get better rewards in hero league compared to quick matches?
Don't believe so. Aside from being in a league and measuring how good you are, which is not something I really care about, it can be fun still because you do a draft, which is nice as it prevents multiples of the same hero and hopefully gives your team a decent composition.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
Has anyone tried that MFAA option with nVidia cards? I turned it on to try it with Dragon Age but it doesn't appear to be working. I thought when you enable it through the control panel it works no matter what the game, no?

I'm assuming I have to turn off the in-game AA, which I did.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Jan 26, 2008
837 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
The in-game setting has to be on too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Maximize wrote: Has anyone tried that MFAA option with nVidia cards? I turned it on to try it with Dragon Age but it doesn't appear to be working. I thought when you enable it through the control panel it works no matter what the game, no?

I'm assuming I have to turn off the in-game AA, which I did.
You typically don't need to turn off in game settings and the panel is supposed to override it. At least that's how it usually works. Also I'd recommend using per application settings in the second tab rather than making global changes
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
vinkl wrote: The in-game setting has to be on too.
ReeGee wrote: You typically don't need to turn off in game settings and the panel is supposed to override it. At least that's how it usually works. Also I'd recommend using per application settings in the second tab rather than making global changes
I also assumed with most control panel features they would override in-game settings anyway, hence might as well disable in-game. But vinkle is right, looks like I have to turn on MSAA in order to use MFAA.

And....it looked awful. It introduced a very weird and ugly motion-blurring effect. I actually thought there was a problem with my TV for a second. Kind of like the motion-blur/pixel "streaking" effect you see when you watch a compress video. I haven't tried it with other games (maybe its a specific issue with DA, or my card in general) but I had to turn it off.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Maximize wrote: I also assumed with most control panel features they would override in-game settings anyway, hence might as well disable in-game. But vinkle is right, looks like I have to turn on MSAA in order to use MFAA.

And....it looked awful. It introduced a very weird and ugly motion-blurring effect. I actually thought there was a problem with my TV for a second. Kind of like the motion-blur/pixel "streaking" effect you see when you watch a compress video. I haven't tried it with other games (maybe its a specific issue with DA, or my card in general) but I had to turn it off.
Things that heavily effect the image quality like AA and AF are definitely YMMV settings depending on the game. I've only ever used it for generic stuff like Vsync and power management as some games have broken built in vsync and the power thing can sometimes grant a small performance boost.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)