• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2014 9:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax

NHL 15 Preorder Bonuses

So this is the first time in years I don't have NHL preordered through the E3 promo at BB/FS so I thought I'd put together a thread to compare all the prices and bonuses at the different retailers for NHL 15. I'll update the first post here with any new offers that come up, so if you find one let me know. I've included links to the next-gen preorders for each store.

There are 2 versions of the game, the regular version and the Ultimate Edition. The only difference I can see between the two is that for an extra $10 for the Ultimate Edition you get $40 in HUT content.

EB Games
NHL 15 PS4/XB1
- $69.99 - Exclusive Bonus $24 value of HUT content - Pre-order NHL 15 and receive twenty four HUT Gold packs, one pack per week for twenty four weeks.
NHL 15 Ultimate Edition PS4/XB1- $79.99 - Nothing other than the $40 bonus included with the game itself?

Best Buy
NHL 15 PS4/XB1
- $69.99 - $15 worth of bonus Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) content free of charge (online preorders only), one pack per week for 15 weeks
NHL 15 Ultimate Edition PS4/XB1- $79.99 - Nothing other than the $40 bonus included with the game itself?

Futureshop
NHL 15 PS4/XB1
- $69.99 - $15 worth of bonus Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) content free of charge (online preorders only), one pack per week for 15 weeks
Pre-order NHL 15 in-store and get a free Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook!

Amazon.ca
NHL 15 PS4/XB1
- $69.89 - $15 worth of bonus Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) content free of charge (online preorders only), one pack per week for 15 weeks

So from what I can see if anyone was looking to preorder the standard edition now the best offers are either EB Games which gives you more HUT content if you like that mode, or Futureshop will give you the steelbook with an in store preorder if that's what you prefer. All others seem to be the same.
54 replies
Feb 19, 2006
912 posts
183 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I already pre-ordered NHL 15 standard edition during E3 pre-order deal. Dissapointed I didn't get the ultimate team edition. oh well.
Nov 29, 2011
977 posts
354 upvotes
Milton
So between the EB pre-order of the normal edition and ultimate, the ultimate doesn't also include the $24 pre-order bonus, meaning that between pre-ordering the normal edition and getting the ultimate edition, the latter is $10 more for $14 more in HUT packs?

Disappointed that all the bonuses at all retailers are for HUT. Would've been nice to at least see some options in a game that really has about 4-5 core modes (GM, EASHL, HUT, online vs, etc). I didn't think HUT was that popular, but not sure if the bonus is because it's that popular or because they're trying to boost it, given it's reliant on micro transactions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
evosero wrote: So between the EB pre-order of the normal edition and ultimate, the ultimate doesn't also include the $24 pre-order bonus, meaning that between pre-ordering the normal edition and getting the ultimate edition, the latter is $10 more for $14 more in HUT packs?

Disappointed that all the bonuses at all retailers are for HUT. Would've been nice to at least see some options in a game that really has about 4-5 core modes (GM, EASHL, HUT, online vs, etc). I didn't think HUT was that popular, but not sure if the bonus is because it's that popular or because they're trying to boost it, given it's reliant on micro transactions.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Don't preorder it. No EASHL (almost 99% confirmed).

I've purchased it every year, this year I won't be.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
I got a shop.ca discount code from a Pizza Pizza tray and will probably use that instead of preordering.
The discount seems better than the bonuses offered.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
squadz wrote: Don't preorder it. No EASHL (almost 99% confirmed).

I've purchased it every year, this year I won't be.
^This

Had it po'd during e3 but will return.

More time to focus on Destiny now.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
spawn582 wrote: ^This

Ugh if I was in TO I'd take it off your hands for E3 pricing!
Mar 18, 2010
586 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
I will have a copy of the Ultimate Edition one, and I'll be letting go for $65 if anyone is interested PM me, Ottawa region preferred but I can ship it at buyers expense.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
I got the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered at amazon during E3 for 39.99. I'll be keeping it at that price.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
Didnt amazon cancel your order? My brother's order plus numerous others had their ultimate ed's cancelled due to no availbility according to them.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: Don't preorder it. No EASHL (almost 99% confirmed).
It's 100% confirmed. It was posted on EA Sports' official blog.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Any idea if they will come out with an xbox one NHL15 bundle?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1102 posts
353 upvotes
OAKVILLE
spawn582 wrote: ^This

If it's for X1, I'll take NHL off your hands!
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Mar 18, 2010
586 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
Still have my ultimate edition copy for ps4 I'm willing to let go if anyone is interested.
Mar 28, 2006
172 posts
122 upvotes
squadz wrote: Before you go ahead and preorder for next gen:

https://i.imgur.com/3wYsT6z.jpg
No Edit Player? Wow...for me that's the real deal breaker. I almost exclusively have played Offline Be a GM, and they have always been pretty horrible at rating players imo.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
I just noticed that the PX3/Xbox360 versions are $69.99, same price as PS4/Xbox One versions.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)