Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Save $75 for $300+ , or $150 for $500+ on newegg.ca using bitcoin UNTIL September 1

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2014 11:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2507 upvotes
divx wrote: that's what? <1% upgrade from 4930k? i will probably grab the ps4 or a 3d tv
Oh, didn't realize you already on an Intel 6-core. I'm thinking about it since I'm still on a 2600K.
Mar 27, 2011
282 posts
99 upvotes
That DDR4 cas latency... the X99 Deluxe color scheme just screams master race.
Dec 31, 2006
414 posts
97 upvotes
samw wrote: Guest checkout worked. Thanks. All in all, I have hit the "Checkout with Bitcoin" button about 50 times yesterday from morning to evening and a few times today to place my one and only order with the promo code.
I spoke too soon. They cancelled my order. WTF? What happens to my bitcoins now? I've already sent them. This is taking up way too much of my time. They'll refund me in credit?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
SLee wrote: Oh, didn't realize you already on an Intel 6-core. I'm thinking about it since I'm still on a 2600K.
yeah i upgraded from 3570k, otherwise i'd go for haswell-E with 64gb of ddr4, but for now i will put up with 4930k+32gb of ddr3
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
samw wrote: I spoke too soon. They cancelled my order. WTF? What happens to my bitcoins now? This is taking up way too much of my time.
Same here, if there wasn't a 150$ discount I would have given up a loooooong time ago.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
x99 chip and board is pretty reasonably price, it's just the ddr4 pricing is nutz, what is wrong with them having 16gb kit of 4x4? where are the 64gb kit of 8x8 or 128gb kit of 16x8?
Mar 27, 2011
282 posts
99 upvotes
I'm sure the 8GB dimm's will come soon, this is just the launch hardware that's available. I'm curious to know why others are having issues with the BTC checkout, I used a blockchain wallet not that it matters but what might is how much you've allotted for transaction fees because if you put a really low amount it could take a while to verify payment and might be a timeout issue on there side. Again that idea seems far-fetched, what sounds more reasonable is there might be some discrepancies in the order (additional coupons / marketplace items). Check the blockchain to make sure payment went through or not.
Dec 31, 2006
414 posts
97 upvotes
samw wrote: I spoke too soon. They cancelled my order. WTF? What happens to my bitcoins now? I've already sent them. This is taking up way too much of my time. They'll refund me in credit?
Just received Newegg credit. How useless.

EDIT:

OK, I was able to re-order with the promo code and this time it wasn't cancelled. It was a lengthy process for me. But I understand that this is a new system and the bugs need to get ironed out early in its deployment.
Jun 12, 2009
144 posts
52 upvotes
samw wrote: Just received Newegg credit. How useless.

EDIT:

OK, I was able to re-order with the promo code and this time it wasn't cancelled. It was a lengthy process for me. But I understand that this is a new system and the bugs need to get ironed out early in its deployment.
Always verify you own the bitcoin receiving address before accepting a refund. If you paid through a third party like VoS or virtex you wouldn't have control of the address that made the payment.
Aug 27, 2008
457 posts
243 upvotes
smoked_up wrote: Always verify you own the bitcoin receiving address before accepting a refund. If you paid through a third party like VoS or virtex you wouldn't have control of the address that made the payment.
This wasn't the issue. It was because Newegg's policy is that any sort of refund for a Bitcoin purchase is given as Newegg credit. They will not reimburse you in BTC since they instantly convert your BTC to fiat at the time of payment.

On another note, I just received both my packages today! Gonna set up this 12 TB NAS soon.
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Dec 31, 2006
414 posts
97 upvotes
smoked_up wrote: Always verify you own the bitcoin receiving address before accepting a refund. If you paid through a third party like VoS or virtex you wouldn't have control of the address that made the payment.
The order that they cancelled was refunded to me in Newegg credit not bitcoin. No explanation was given. Customer support didn't understand what happened and couldn't resolve it, and the next thing I see is store credit in my Inbox. I didn't make any mistakes since all I did was place an order, received an invoice, and paid it. Ideally, if they had a problem with my order, they shouldn't send me a QR Code or invoice to pay them. But that's fine. It's what I consider the price of early adoption. I'm sure in the future, these things will get ironed out.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
Too bad they don't drop prices on x79 boards... I wanted one in this promo.
Jan 2, 2012
700 posts
199 upvotes
SASKATOON
divx wrote: x99 chip and board is pretty reasonably price, it's just the ddr4 pricing is nutz, what is wrong with them having 16gb kit of 4x4? where are the 64gb kit of 8x8 or 128gb kit of 16x8?
The price of memory in general is insane. I'm not asking for $25 8GB kits, but even $100 for a 2x4GB is insane.

I'd love to spend my BTC at 30% over market rate, but I just can't justify it for an X99 system for gaming right now. I might pick up a cell booster for the RV though.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Meh, Newegg is very expensive when compared to nix and direct Canada. I was in a rush to get the 150 off my new hackintosh that I went to buy btc from the local btm. It charges 8% over market rate.
Combined with pricey shipping, I only saved 20$ over my 530$ pre-discount order when compared to paying with a credit card and buying at other retailers like ncix and direct Canada.
Plus you can't modify your order when buying with btc and you don't get the 1 year extended warranty your credit card provides. If you cancel, you get a gift card refund.
The checkout process was painful and buggy too.
Caveat emptor I guess.
Was happy to see one more retailer accepting btc though and I still believe in btc.
Dec 31, 2006
414 posts
97 upvotes
The Newegg.ca Bitcoin integration was problematic but in the end I got my PS4 and 4 packs of 8 Eneloops. 32 AAA batteries for $57 CAD shipped is $1.80/battery. Good deal. I also was able to get an Xperia Z1 Compact from the US site for $332 USD. Another good deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
Hate newegg so much, trying to check out with bitcoin and there's no option...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3543 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
took advantage of the US promo, full z97 htpc for $450 cdn, pretty sweet promo
Sep 6, 2012
321 posts
100 upvotes
WINNIPEG
SuSHi wrote: took advantage of the US promo, full z97 htpc for $450 cdn, pretty sweet promo
why would you build htpc with z97?
Aug 25, 2014
3 posts
Vancouver, BC
rofl I ended up getting the promo on my visa. Their system really wasn't ready for that promo. If you just let your bitcoin payment window (15 minutes) time out, it lets you pay with a cc in your order history. I was sceptical that it'd be that easy, but it just shipped.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3543 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
beirutas wrote: why would you build htpc with z97?
so i can big screen games, why else would i build it with a z97?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)