Food & Drink

"it was a rainy day at pizzaville" : what does it mean?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2015 12:08 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Pizzaville sadly doesn't have the best marketing... it's actually horrible. I remember their ads a few months ago when they updated their website. Really? Is that how you want to lure new customers to a pizza establishment?!?!?!

But their pizzas are my favourite. A zillion times better than Pizza Hut or Domino's or Pizza Pizza.

Not to go too far off topic, but for anyone who hasn't tried Pizzaville, they really should.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
I like their pizza too. Great pepperoni that gets crispy edges
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
aliikram wrote: Pizzaville sadly doesn't have the best marketing... it's actually horrible. I remember their ads a few months ago when they updated their website. Really? Is that how you want to lure new customers to a pizza establishment?!?!?!

But their pizzas are my favourite. A zillion times better than Pizza Hut or Domino's or Pizza Pizza.

Not to go too far off topic, but for anyone who hasn't tried Pizzaville, they really should.
Wouldn't the fact that there is a thread about it suggest that the marketing is working?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
TCWeasel wrote: Wouldn't the fact that there is a thread about it suggest that the marketing is working?
No.
For it to work, people actually have to order from Pizzaville.
It does respectfully work from a perspective of getting people's attention, but all we're doing is talking about it while still ordering from anyone but Pizzaville.
Domino's is not a bad choice. I like their crust.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
aliikram wrote: Pizzaville sadly doesn't have the best marketing... it's actually horrible. I remember their ads a few months ago when they updated their website. Really? Is that how you want to lure new customers to a pizza establishment?!?!?!

+1 I also think its the best as far as pizza chains go. Dont care much about the slogan....the logo with the guy holding the umbrella and a pizza box in the other hand is pretty good.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Without having watched the commercial and going by how others described it could it be because pizza's are usually quite popular for rainy/snowy days especially deliveries?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
3215 posts
6905 upvotes
Oakville
[QUOTE]who hasn't tried Pizzaville,[/QUOTE]
The one here burned down a few years ago. :cry:
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
aliikram wrote:
Yeah right, better than pizza hut? I don't think so. The only pizzas in my life that have ever tasted better than pizza hut was Tony's in Queen,NYC and Panjo's Pizza in Houston,Texas... the last one being done over wood in ovens.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
owenx wrote: The one here burned down a few years ago. :cry:
too bad it wasn't a rainy day. might have helped put it out.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Gammatron wrote: Yeah right, better than pizza hut? I don't think so. The only pizzas in my life that have ever tasted better than pizza hut was Tony's in Queen,NYC and Panjo's Pizza in Houston,Texas... the last one being done over wood in ovens.
To each their own. But you have very inconsistent taste in pizza. My favourite overall is also the slim wood over type, but that aint exactly available widely in chains. The soggy, oily, poorly topped Pizza Hut pizzas though are so vastly different than a good wood oven pizza though. Don't you think?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
TCWeasel wrote: Wouldn't the fact that there is a thread about it suggest that the marketing is working?
Nope. If one thread on an internet website is a sign of marketing success, EVERY product and service has successful marketing. As much as I love Pizzaville, I'd judge it to be successful marketing wise if my local store were as busy as the disgusting Pizza Pizza joint near me. Of course, I'd hate it being that busy, so I'm torn. Just wish it were busier, so there's never any risk of it ever closing down. That would make me wanna :cry:
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
owenx wrote: The one here burned down a few years ago. :cry:
Was it arson? Is the owner of the Pizza place down the street responsible for this? :lol: ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
Commercial pizzas are garbage. You have no idea how many foaming agents, stabilizers, and God knows what else, goes into their crusts.

Best pizzas some from one off, hole in the wall, pizzeria's. You can watch them make the dough: flour, water, yeast (and occasionally) sugar. That's it. Booyah!
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Sibica wrote: Commercial pizzas are garbage. You have no idea how many foaming agents, stabilizers, and God knows what else, goes into their crusts.

Best pizzas some from one off, hole in the wall, pizzeria's. You can watch them make the dough: flour, water, yeast (and occasionally) sugar. That's it. Booyah!
If the goal is to stay in business, I highly doubt there's "god knows what else". It would be detected by the sensitive customer, and that person would fall ill.
(ie a pizza chain that uses MSG...it doesn't happen anymore because customers kept falling ill or suffering aches and pains)
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: If the goal is to stay in business, I highly doubt there's "god knows what else". It would be detected by the sensitive customer, and that person would fall ill.
(ie a pizza chain that uses MSG...it doesn't happen anymore because customers kept falling ill or suffering aches and pains)
someone oughta pass this info onto kfc, popeyes, mcd's, etc...you know, all the other places that use msg.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote: someone oughta pass this info onto kfc, popeyes, mcd's, etc...you know, all the other places that use msg.
I'm actually referring to places that ADD msg, not the places that use products that may or may not already have msg in their ingredient list somewhere near the middle or bottom.
Back to the topic of Pizza, most pizza sauce today has no msg, and the pizza places are not adding msg to the actual pizza. (at least not at the pizza chains)

Double Double used to add msg to create the illusion of more cheese than there really was. MSG made their pizza taste more cheesy. They no longer use MSG.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: I'm actually referring to places that ADD msg, not the places that use products that may or may not already have msg in their ingredient list somewhere near the middle or bottom.
Back to the topic of Pizza, most pizza sauce today has no msg, and the pizza places are not adding msg to the actual pizza. (at least not at the pizza chains)
the places i mentioned definitely ADD msg
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote: the places i mentioned definitely ADD msg
Add msg to what? I believe KFC (to name one place) does not add msg on top of their chicken coating, which may or may not have msg in it already.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Add msg to what? I believe KFC (to name one place) does not add msg on top of their chicken coating, which may or may not have msg in it already.
wut? lol
it's part of their so called "11 herbs and spices"
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Lolwut? I didnt know white restaurants used msg only asian places.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)