• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2015 7:29 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
Andrew7783 wrote: Same here. The reason why is simply because they don't roll it out for every single unit at the same time. It may be days before every N7 2013 gets it.
Still nothing on my 2013 N7 either. I tried clearing cache of the Google Service Framework but no dice. It has always worked in the past.

Also I'm waiting for the OTA for N4 and 2013 Moto G. -(
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Did you mean flashing the factory image of that new OS? Factory resets "AFTER" updating seems unnecessary unless you run into problems.
Well I meant via OTA. I guess even when flashing the image or ota zip file. Some users here suggest to do it. They've done it themselves. Hence why I asked and what's the benefit of it.

b166er1337 wrote: Still nothing on my 2013 N7 either. I tried clearing cache of the Google Service Framework but no dice. It has always worked in the past.

Also I'm waiting for the OTA for N4 and 2013 Moto G. -(
The clearing framework was in the past. Not anymore after KitKat IIRC.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
djemzine wrote: Pretty much the exact opposite of what Apple does. That is, I think Apple pushes out iOS updates to users world wide, and a lot of people run into software issues/bugs. Then Apple has to go fix it and release another update for iOS. This way, its controlled and can be tested.
dammit and this is the problem.

my ipad air updated to 8.1 and now web browsing sucks balls
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
jimmy-j wrote: dammit and this is the problem.

my ipad air updated to 8.1 and now web browsing sucks balls
Didn't update my Mini retina.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
Andrew7783 wrote: How so?
djemzine wrote: Didn't update my Mini retina.

all three ipads in my house have this problem on 8.1.

ipad air, ipad 4 lte and ipad mini

i've reset the network settings on two of them and cleared all safari data. chrome works fine though. my ddwrt router reboots daily at 5am and no other devices or computers in the house have this issue.

...but this is for another thread :)
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
I've decided to sideload the update for the N7. It is actually very easy. Loving the Lollipop on the tablet!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: I've decided to sideload the update for the N7. It is actually very easy. Loving the Lollipop on the tablet!
Easy yes. Taking the risk - not here lol. Too many bad experiences with my Nexus 4 in the past, by sideloading the OTA zip or flashing the images. :razz:

How's the tablet otherwise in terms of performance after flashing Lollipop?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
344 upvotes
Mississauga
djemzine wrote: Easy yes. Taking the risk - not here lol. Too many bad experiences with my Nexus 4 in the past, by sideloading the OTA zip or flashing the images. :razz:

I'm surprised you are afraid of flashing the files?!
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
AndroidRootGuy wrote: I'm surprised you are afraid of flashing the files?!
Not afraid. Just don't want to go through the hassle. I despised it then.
Blanka
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Flashing is all part of the Android high bro! lol

Flashed the stock image of lollipop on the N5... it's really nice, aesthetics-wise. Smooth animations and response.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Yeah, it really has rejuvenated the operating system as a whole.. I'm actually tempted to sell my iPhone 6 Plus and just go straight back to my N5. The OS is beautiful.
Dec 18, 2005
461 posts
21 upvotes
Etobicoke
Is any one having camera issues when zooming in?
The preview looks normal but the pic is off center
Nexus 5

It seems to only do it with HDR off
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
djemzine wrote: Easy yes. Taking the risk - not here lol. Too many bad experiences with my Nexus 4 in the past, by sideloading the OTA zip or flashing the images. :razz:

Performance is top notch. It feel like a brand new OS. It looks quite different than ICS/JB/KK. But it is still Android and I'm loving it!
Jun 1, 2008
721 posts
245 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The battery saving mode is pretty good. I'm digging the radio on this build better reception with Wind.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
djcake wrote: Is any one having camera issues when zooming in?
The preview looks normal but the pic is off center
Nexus 5

It seems to only do it with HDR off
not me. i just tested with hdr off. zoomed in and had subject dead centre. took the pic, flash fired and viewed the image and it was fine. btw why would you ever "zoom" in using the camera phone.. it's so gross looking.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
How do you know if your phone will be getting 5.0? I have the Note 2 here and it's difficult finding any confirmation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)