• Jul 18th, 2015 7:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
dragon_drift wrote: How do you know if your phone will be getting 5.0? I have the Note 2 here and it's difficult finding any confirmation.
Just a random link i found - http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-l ... pdate-news

Not reliable but it doesn't seem like the Note 2 is supported.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
dragon_drift wrote: How do you know if your phone will be getting 5.0? I have the Note 2 here and it's difficult finding any confirmation.
You will probably be able to get 5.0 quicker if you go with a custom rom. Waiting for Samsung to update it might be a long wait. It does seem that it will be getting it as per this list:

(rumours)
And list of devices which will get Android 5.0 and possibly even more updates.
GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE
GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi
http://samsung-updates.com/galaxy-s-3-4 ... ith-4-2-2/
Dec 18, 2005
461 posts
21 upvotes
Etobicoke
jimmy-j wrote: not me. i just tested with hdr off. zoomed in and had subject dead centre. took the pic, flash fired and viewed the image and it was fine. btw why would you ever "zoom" in using the camera phone.. it's so gross looking.
I just retested this and it seems to do it only on when it is set to 16:9
At 4:3 the pictures are normal
Aug 20, 2009
889 posts
119 upvotes
I'm having mixed feelings about the notifications system. It looks like we can hide app notifications via android settings > sound & notifications. It there a way to have a notification appear in the android taskbar and NOT the lock screen? I don't want tasker to appear on the lock screen but would still like to see it in the android taskbar to occasionally see what profiles are active.
Warning: Hereinabove may contain traces of irony and/or sarcasm!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
pretty much what others are saying - you gotta flash a custom rom if you want 5.0. sometimes that's the best way .. you can go aosp vanilla style or touchwiz. i'm sure there will be a ton of options by the end of this year. popular devices like the note 2 will not go overlooked by the xda community.

i have a nexus 5 with 5.0 and i'm still going to flash a custom. just waiting for cataclysm to come out and i'm all over it.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
150 upvotes
Burlington, ON
jimmy-j wrote: pretty much what others are saying - you gotta flash a custom rom if you want 5.0. sometimes that's the best way .. you can go aosp vanilla style or touchwiz. i'm sure there will be a ton of options by the end of this year. popular devices like the note 2 will not go overlooked by the xda community.

i have a nexus 5 with 5.0 and i'm still going to flash a custom. just waiting for cataclysm to come out and i'm all over it.
Me too! Cataclysm was awesome, glad to see the dev back and updating to 5.0
Using the stock 5.0 now and there are a few little annoying things that I'll have the option of changing with a custom ROM.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Nexus 4 OTA link is live
http://android.clients.google.com/packa ... 6f10c3.zip

Don't click if you don't know what you are doing.

If you are on Max OS X this video will guide you: How To Update To Official Android Lollipop Nexus …: http://youtu.be/Qym4sjGafkM
Awesome. Soon OTA will be pushed out.

Flashing on Mac is so much easier. No driver installation nonsense.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: You will probably be able to get 5.0 quicker if you go with a custom rom. Waiting for Samsung to update it might be a long wait. It does seem that it will be getting it as per this list:

(rumours)
And list of devices which will get Android 5.0 and possibly even more updates.
GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE

GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi
http://samsung-updates.com/galaxy-s-3-4 ... ith-4-2-2/
Using i317m :(

I guess custom rom it is. Thanks guys!
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
djemzine wrote: Awesome. Soon OTA will be pushed out.

Flashing on Mac is so much easier. No driver installation nonsense.
But at the same time, there are many more all in one toolkit on windows.

As for Lollipop on N4, it is nice, but battery life still sucks.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: But at the same time, there are many more all in one toolkit on windows.

As for Lollipop on N4, it is nice, but battery life still sucks.
That's no fun :( . I was looking forward to a better battery life ugh. :(
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1640 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah there's something weird about the battery reporting too. After a full charge, my phone (after a bit of use) will be at 90%, but the battery stats will only report 4-5% of the drain (Cell standby, Play services, Chrome.) Where did the other percent go?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
apoorv wrote: Yeah there's something weird about the battery reporting too. After a full charge, my phone (after a bit of use) will be at 90%, but the battery stats will only report 4-5% of the drain (Cell standby, Play services, Chrome.) Where did the other percent go?
The new battery reporting is starting to be like iOS (aka sucky). This is an area where they regressed.
I don't know if they thought ART and all those improvements would make people forget about battery stats or something.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
My nexus 4 is done flashing using Nexus Root Toolkit. Finished doing with the nexus 7 but with nexus 4, it won't load after flashing lollipop. It is stuck on the running circles. It's been like that for hours and i have tried to reflash it and still the same. Apparently some people are experiencing similar problems
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
casperr wrote: My nexus 4 is done flashing using Nexus Root Toolkit. Finished doing with the nexus 7 but with nexus 4, it won't load after flashing lollipop. It is stuck on the running circles. It's been like that for hours and i have tried to reflash it and still the same. Apparently some people are experiencing similar problems
That's unfortunate. I'll say it again. I'll always wait for OTA vs flashing the factory images or OTA zip.
Blanka
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
casperr wrote: My nexus 4 is done flashing using Nexus Root Toolkit. Finished doing with the nexus 7 but with nexus 4, it won't load after flashing lollipop. It is stuck on the running circles. It's been like that for hours and i have tried to reflash it and still the same. Apparently some people are experiencing similar problems
Does reinstalling drivers help?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1406 posts
454 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Flashed stock Android 5.0 on Nexus 4 using ADB.

Love the look and speed so far. Can't wait for custom ROMs to appear, especially Purity ROM as it gave me good battery life during KK.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
b166er1337 wrote: Does reinstalling drivers help?
Booted to custom recovery and wiped cache and thst fixed the problem.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)