• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2015 8:48 am
Tags:
None
Nov 22, 2014
199 posts
Montreal, QC

Greg Plitt Killed By Train In LA

American fitness model/instructor and hollywood actor died yesterday afternoon at the age of 37 years old .
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8453 posts
3627 upvotes
Rip
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Double who?
OP a fanboy?
RIP of course but ...who?
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Nov 22, 2014
199 posts
Montreal, QC

The guy is big in the fitness industry. He's been in the military as a U.S army captain and is a really successful motivational speaker.

If you aren't well versed in the fitness world, you might not know who he is.

(nohomo)
Banned
Jul 3, 2013
1508 posts
300 upvotes
Serovo wrote: Image

The guy is big in the fitness industry. He's been in the military as a U.S army captain and is a really successful motivational speaker.

If you aren't well versed in the fitness world, you might not know who he is.

(nohomo)
"Nohomo" - are you 12? What a baffoon statement.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
Filming with no permit by active rail lines sounds like it could only end badly
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
sprung wrote: Filming with no permit by active rail lines sounds like it could only end badly
Yeah, serious, what was he thinking, what was his... train of thought here?
I guess he couldn't hear the train coming... he really needed an engineer.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Serovo wrote: is a really successful motivational speaker.
Hopefully this wasn't suicide then.

+1 to the "who?" brigade.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Perhaps he should not have been standing next to rail lines where trains were whizzing past.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I never understand how this happens, trains don't exaclty sneak up quietly on a person.
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Serovo wrote:

If you aren't well versed in the fitness world
, you might not know who he is.

(nohomo)
nope, not versed in the fitness world Neither am I versed in all the folks looking for their 15 minutes of fame. OP, you are easily led.

"nohomo" seriously??? :facepalm:

sprung wrote: Filming with no permit by active rail lines sounds like it could only end badly
+1

I guess he couldn't hear the train coming... he really needed an engineer.[/quote]
HeavenLeigh wrote: I never understand how this happens, trains don't exaclty sneak up quietly on a person.
Quite right...they didn't hear the train coming?
Maybe he was ex military and a small time fitness freak but, he and his groupies were lacking common sense or smarts?
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
HeavenLeigh wrote: I never understand how this happens, trains don't exaclty sneak up quietly on a person.
You'd be surprised. A kid I went to elementary school with was walking alongside railway tracks a few years later, with a friend, and the friend was hit and killed. And this was likely without distractions like headphones or a cellphone as you'd possibly have today. People are becoming increasingly careless it seems. Just look at all the pedestrians run over in TO in recent years. They won't all have been the motorists' fault.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2992 upvotes
Two ways to get killed by a train; either you're trying to commit suicide or you're too stupid to get out of the way.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
It was a crazy idea to be on train tracks, but I guess he had a loco motive. You never know when the grim reaper will choo choo choose you.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Pete_Coach wrote: Quite right...they didn't hear the train coming?
Maybe he was ex military and a small time fitness freak but, he and his groupies were lacking common sense or smarts?
It obviously is possible, esp in noisy surroundings like an industrial zone or railyard, or when the "victim" is distracted in some way, such as talking, listening to headphones, cellphone browsing, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)