note 2 was my favorite phone

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2015 6:12 am
Tags:
None
Aug 13, 2012
479 posts
185 upvotes
Another Note 2 lover here! Then I got the S5 and made the mistake to give the Note 2 to my Dad, I missed the S Pen so much!
I got the the Note 4 last month and is the PERFECT replacement though, I never want another phone any more... until the Note 5 perhaps haha.

Ashs the Note 4 is not at all heavy. I had the M8 and it felt like lead, I never liked the weight of it. The camera was so bad I couldn't stand it and the bezel... It seriously seemed bigger than the Note!

Honestly I just can't say enough nice things about the Note 4, I KNOW you'll love it if you liked the Note 2 that much already :) My Dad still happily uses my "old" Note 2 and wouldn't dream of getting another phone!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
I had the Note 2 aswell. Fantastic phone, sure do miss it. There's a lollipop rom available aswell!
Nov 5, 2006
382 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Gammatron wrote: What?? The lousy overpriced iPhone still is not waterproof or has ir blasters? Lol. I feel sorry for apple fanboys.
Different strokes for different folks. There's a lot of features I miss on my iPhone compared to my old Z30, but I'm still quite happy with my 5s.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1120 posts
347 upvotes
GVR
adosal wrote: One of the things i actually like most about the Note 2 is the feel in hand.. Something about the rounded edges that just makes it fit perfectly. Is the Note 4 comfortable to hold?
Personally i feel that the note 4 is more comfortable and even feels slightly narrower to hold
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
From a note2; the successor is an lg3?
You should continue on with the note series and switch to a note3 or note4.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
3146 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto ontario
vkizzle wrote: From a note2; the successor is an lg3?
You should continue on with the note series and switch to a note3 or note4.
The note 3 I hated. After having so many different phones it felt cheap and too lacklustre. The 4 might be different but I'm done with the front physical button. I like bezel less phones with capacitive buttons.

I had a chance to look at the nexus 6 and man is that a big phone. I think they really over priced it though, sorta like the alpha.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
ashs wrote: The note 3 I hated. After having so many different phones it felt cheap and too lacklustre. The 4 might be different but I'm done with the front physical button. I like bezel less phones with capacitive buttons.

I had a chance to look at the nexus 6 and man is that a big phone. I think they really over priced it though, sorta like the alpha.
Your experience is much different than me and several of my coworkers who are using note3 and note4 as personal device.
Not sure of you used any cases, but we're all using Sammy's genuine leather flip cases and it makes a huge difference in feel and ease of use.

I'm likely sticking to my note3 until the note edge2 is released as the note4 is not much of an upgrade that I feel is worthwhile at this time to fork out money on.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
best phone i ever used. would probably go back when we have note 6/7.
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
I have had iPhone 4s, Samsung s3, iPhone 6 and note 4 and I prefer note 4.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1120 posts
347 upvotes
GVR
ashs wrote: The note 3 I hated. After having so many different phones it felt cheap and too lacklustre. The 4 might be different but I'm done with the front physical button. I like bezel less phones with capacitive buttons.

Here is a good comparison between the Note 3 and note 4
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ ... -vs-note-3
Sep 20, 2012
126 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
I have a Note 2 right if front of me right now!

Thought to upgrade to a Note 4 in january, but I still have a year left on my Corp350 plan and the Note 4 is still too expensive. Now I think I may wait for the Note 5.

I've had it for two years and I think I'm getting sentimental over the "little" fellow. :lol:
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
I've had my Note 2 since Jan 2013 and I wouldn't mind upgrading but I don't play many games and most of the apps I use still run pretty decently so I'm in no rush to get a new phone.

I think I might wait until hopefully Samsung comes out with a 6 inch super hi resolution screen Note which I wish it would be the Note 5. Otherwise I'm just going to keep this old but still great phone for a little longer. :)
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
I have the Note 2 as a "spare" (got the S5 at work so the Note held my personal SIM in case I got texts or something). I use the Galaxy S5 on a daily basis, though, so am probably going to sell my Note soon. I really don't see myself going back to it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2570 posts
461 upvotes
*Sigh*

My Note II just died on me yesterday, after about 26 months. :(

Looks like Sudden Death Syndrome. It's as dead as can be. Not a single flash of the LED or flicker of the screen no matter what I tried, and that was just about every possible suggestion I found online.

Now I need to get a replacement phone, and I have no idea what to do.

The only minor complaint I had with the Note II was with the rear facing speaker, but most of the new phones are still like this, including the Note 4.

I'm kind of leaning towards an HTC M8 right now because of the front stereo speakers. I know Nexus 6 is also an option, but it's so much more expensive.

What to do, what to do?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)