Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shop.ca

Roku 3 $99.99 + 20% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 12:11 am
Tags:
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby

[Shop.ca] Roku 3 $99.99 + 20% ebates

$10 off roku devices at selected retailers (says BB & Walmart on roku website but don't see it on Walmart website) today. Ordered Roku 3 through shop.ca with 20% ebates (+ aeropesos) -- hope the cash back come through on this.

Per chapman_w below, there's a $20 off $50 shop.ca coupon available through shop.ca facebook. Hot deal if it stacks with ebates and probably slightly better than 20% ebates (less taxes) even if it doesn't.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
does this one have voice search?
Sep 8, 2007
565 posts
652 upvotes
2015 version of Roku 2 is also $69, which is the same as the 2015 Roku 3 minus the better remote (no line of sight needed, voice search in remote and headphone jack). Better buy if you don't need those extra remote features.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
TCB069 wrote: 2015 version of Roku 2 is also $69, which is the same as the 2015 Roku 3 minus the better remote (no line of sight needed, voice search in remote and headphone jack). Better buy if you don't need those extra remote features.
I agree with the above poster, if you are fine with an IR remote, the 2015 Roku 2 provides the best value in the line.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Says it's the Roku 3 4230, which is the new 2015 model with voice search (http://support.roku.com/entries/9265618 ... odel-4230-).

Best Buy has both the old (4200) and new (4230) models on sale for the same $99 price.

Honestly the voice search thing is pretty useless in Canada, since there are many fewer sources available here. I don't think there's any other differences, but you might as well get the new one if they're the same price. I would expect a cheaper price on the old one though, especially since it was on sale for $89 everywhere before Christmas.
Oct 5, 2011
446 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
There's a 20 off 50$ if you go to shop.ca facebook site.

[url]http://www.*****.ca/coupons/shop.ca[/url]

You can find link through bargain moose . ca
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
OOS at Shop.ca. :mad:

Oh well, ordered Roku 2 2015 instead. And no, 20$ coupon and ebates not stackable.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1656 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
chapman_w wrote: There's a 20 off 50$ if you go to shop.ca facebook site.

[url]http://www.*****.ca/coupons/shop.ca[/url]

You can find link through bargain moose . ca

I get message in the facebook:

"Oh no! Looks like you've already received a code! This promotion is limited to one per person."

?? how come?
Jan 16, 2013
111 posts
29 upvotes
This is one of the finest and fast streaming device I own to date. I needed one which I can stream my favorite every day use video channels in one device among thousand others. Here is my current setup of the roku3 which I can stream hulu+, us netflix, dramafever and spotify. It's a little bit messy setup when I took the picture since I was playing around with DNS settings test to get it finally working. I also carry the roku and the mini router to other room for dedicated stereo channel music listening since the roku 3 lacks dns settings which the tp link mini router comes to play and does the job pretty well.

I wanted to explore how you can develop your own channel but found out that I have to learn brightscript language. Anyway, you can't go wrong with roku which sports so many channels public and private.

The other day I found out interesting relaxing channel which feeds cool themes on your tv like waterfall, aquarium, beaches to cite a few.

Note, as your number channel grows, it will suggest that you insert a mini sd card so channel reloading will be much faster.

[IMG]http://boardservice.org/Roku3TPLinkBellHub2000.JPG[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need USA VPN to stream hulu+, us netflix? thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Nov 24, 2014
399 posts
467 upvotes
Windsor, ON
can2000 wrote: Do you need USA VPN to stream hulu+, us netflix? thanks
It's easy to get your computer piped through a VPN, but for a device on your network that doesn't have a built in UI that allows you to configure a VNP (like the Roku), it's a bit more complicated.

You'll essentially have to configure your router to go through the VPN, and then basically every device on your network, including the Roku, would be going through the VPN.

The catch is not all routers will allow you to configure a VPN. For those that don't, you can sometimes install a custom firmware for your router that will allow you to route through a VPN. The name of the custom router firmware is dd-wrt. Good luck!
Jan 16, 2013
111 posts
29 upvotes
taranducal wrote: It's easy to get your computer piped through a VPN, but for a device on your network that doesn't have a built in UI that allows you to configure a VNP (like the Roku), it's a bit more complicated.

You'll essentially have to configure your router to go through the VPN, and then basically every device on your network, including the Roku, would be going through the VPN.

The catch is not all routers will allow you to configure a VPN. For those that don't, you can sometimes install a custom firmware for your router that will allow you to route through a VPN. The name of the custom router firmware is dd-wrt. Good luck!
You need this portable router I use for the roku 3 which work with Bell hub 2000 modem. I did not want to have DNS changed on the router. But if even I wanted, Bell modem DNS modification won't work. You will need to configure in WISP mode so that it will act like a wireless card so you can enter dns configuration and rerouting hardcoded google dns back to your router. It will autofeed your modem mac address, all you need to enter is your WIFI password.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/tp-link-tl-m ... -68296.htm

There is guides to setup us roku account but you can find it easily on the web.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
"Item "Roku 2 (2015) Streaming Media Player" from your order, xxxxxxx has been flagged as back ordered from the supplier. The expected ship date is June 11, 2015. "
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
No Kodi,not interested.
Thanks though.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Nov 24, 2014
399 posts
467 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Drizzt wrote: "Item "Roku 2 (2015) Streaming Media Player" from your order, xxxxxxx has been flagged as back ordered from the supplier. The expected ship date is June 11, 2015. "
Holy hell!

I bought a 2015 Roku 2 about 1-2 weeks ago. It's amazing! Does everything I need. I'm regretting not having bought the Roku 3 though because my setup would look so much better if I just tucked the roku behind the tv and used the Roku 3's remote (which doesn't require line of sight to work).

Anyway, if you think you'd prefer a 3, then you could probably just cancel your roku 2 order and get the 3 instead.

I'm seriously considering selling my Roku 2 on kijiji or something just so I can get the Roku 3 because I can hide it behind the TV :S
Nov 26, 2003
460 posts
299 upvotes
Ottawa
JamesA1 wrote: Says it's the Roku 3 4230, which is the new 2015 model with voice search (http://support.roku.com/entries/9265618 ... odel-4230-).

Best Buy has both the old (4200) and new (4230) models on sale for the same $99 price.

Honestly the voice search thing is pretty useless in Canada, since there are many fewer sources available here. I don't think there's any other differences, but you might as well get the new one if they're the same price. I would expect a cheaper price on the old one though, especially since it was on sale for $89 everywhere before Christmas.
Does anyone know what the difference in Roku 2 and Roku 2 2015 are?
Does the 2015 model come with headphone jack in the remote? On shop.ca website, the picture includes head phones with the remote, but not on best buy. I am thinking it does not.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
taranducal wrote: It's easy to get your computer piped through a VPN, but for a device on your network that doesn't have a built in UI that allows you to configure a VNP (like the Roku), it's a bit more complicated.

its not tricky, just run two routers, one hooked to the modem just like normal, and the second hooked to the first LAN to WAN with your VPN info. That way you can have an american router and a canadian one. The best router to me is the Asus AC66u or others of that generation because the firmware will do VPN without having to change it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
All Roku devices are locked down - no rooting, no Kodi. That's pretty much the same with all the other major brand-name media player boxes. Amazon Fire is about they only option, but Amazon is making it more difficult. A generic Android box is a better bet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)