• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2015 2:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
andy521a wrote: Any updates OP? The suspense is killing me :)
Well, its killing me as well :)
carmaster wrote: Ya any updates?
They are locating a car for us now.. by Monday they will have a response.. that's what they say..
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
busybe wrote: Well, its killing me as well :)

They are locating a car for us now.. by Monday they will have a response.. that's what they say..

Sounds promising if they are locating a car. GL!
Dec 22, 2013
695 posts
1575 upvotes
Self-Isolation
Monday came and went, what happened? Update
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
Yes, had a talk with GM and he offered some accessories(mats and tint) and rustproof with lifetime warranty to call it a day. They said they could not find any new car with the same model, but that is not true.. anyways, husband went with it (i was of a different opinion :( ). But as long as husband is happy :)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
It's too bad but you're right as long as he's happy. :)
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
yup, i am not happy either..
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am not surprised by the outcome. We are talking about door dings here that are easily repairable...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region
after working in auto collision industry and seeing dent damage after hail storm in 2007 in York Region.....I would not accept a dented "new" vehicle. Hubby would not even try to get into a discussion with me on keeping the car....I would simply not sign on delivery.

I would simply walk away and not take their "incentives" that I would probably have gotten in the first place by negotiating a big harder with them...
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
edkate wrote: after working in auto collision industry and seeing dent damage after hail storm in 2007 in York Region.....I would not accept a dented "new" vehicle. Hubby would not even try to get into a discussion with me on keeping the car....I would simply not sign on delivery.

I would simply walk away and not take their "incentives" that I would probably have gotten in the first place by negotiating a big harder with them...
Thanks for your input. Would you share more of what can/may happen to that dent (repaired paintless dent) at a later time?
Dec 25, 2006
315 posts
95 upvotes
Not sure why everyone is being extremely anal over a couple of small dents which cost about $50 to repair. Dents happen! I think you got a better deal by getting free mats ($160), tints ($230), rust proofing ($150) versus a new car. That's about $500 in value. You did well. Goob job! Be happy!
Dec 25, 2006
315 posts
95 upvotes
busybe wrote: Thanks for your input. Would you share more of what can/may happen to that dent (repaired paintless dent) at a later time?
Nothing will happen if it is repaired properly with fine sanding, matching paint, and high polish/gloss. Do not worry about rusting at all!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
kingsha wrote: Not sure why everyone is being extremely anal over a couple of small dents which cost about $50 to repair. Dents happen! I think you got a better deal by getting free mats ($160), tints ($230), rust proofing ($150) versus a new car. That's about $500 in value. You did well. Goob job! Be happy!
It's not just about the dents - it's the dishonesty...
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
busybe wrote: Thanks for your input. Would you share more of what can/may happen to that dent (repaired paintless dent) at a later time?
All sorts of things could happen. Including it getting dented again next time you park in public. The key thing is to keep your car clean and well-waxed, dented or not.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
toguy wrote: It's not just about the dents - it's the dishonesty...
It's a stealership. Sadly it's what many come to expect - for good reason. I feel sorry for the decent, honest dealers out there, because the crooks tarnish the entire industry.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
kingsha wrote: Not sure why everyone is being extremely anal over a couple of small dents which cost about $50 to repair. Dents happen! I think you got a better deal by getting free mats ($160), tints ($230), rust proofing ($150) versus a new car. That's about $500 in value. You did well. Goob job! Be happy!
Not if they paid msrp or even close! But dealer was pretty difficult.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
Where can you get it resprayed for $50?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2049 posts
880 upvotes
Ontario
Kasakato wrote: Where can you get it resprayed for $50?
Many dents can be repaired without repainting the area.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
shoppingkart wrote: Many dents can be repaired without repainting the area.
He posted about respraying for $50. Though even for PDR that is rather low.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)