Leafs Talk (2022/23): Chat away

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Oh Jonathan Bernier. Should switch to a modelling career. Because he's no NHL goalie.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2507 posts
551 upvotes
TO
Who here actually cares about the Leafs? I don't. They are composed of 50 rental players and two subpar goalies. Poor Mike is wiping away his tears from losses with $100 bills, but it still sucks for all of us. I genuinely could give a crap about this team.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
this team is good for a laugh at least. giving up a goal on the first shot 2 games in a row. goal on the first shot 2nd period as well. always finding new ways to outdo themselves. if they somehow manage to do what they should have done for years and finish last they'll only have a 20% shot at the first overall which they no doubt will lose out on. well, because losing and the leafs go hand in hand.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
ShoNuff2 wrote: this team is good for a laugh at least. giving up a goal on the first shot 2 games in a row. goal on the first shot 2nd period as well. always finding new ways to outdo themselves. if they somehow manage to do what they should have done for years and finish last they'll only have a 20% shot at the first overall which they no doubt will lose out on. well, because losing and the leafs go hand in hand.
Bro, you are too nice. We all know the reason for those demoralising circus goals. ;)

That's what the Leafs get for their lousy decision at goal. Made their bed now have to sleep in it.
Banned
Jan 28, 2015
883 posts
226 upvotes
Markham
bobcat99 wrote: Knew it was a mistake to sign Bernier for 8 million over 2 years. I initially thought he would be trade able at the deadline but his awful play will make that unlikely.
Based on two games that he has started so far?
Banned
Jan 28, 2015
883 posts
226 upvotes
Markham
bobcat99 wrote: No, based on the last two years.
This years team has vastly different players on it than the previous 2 years. I don't see how you can pass judgment on this team for a previous team's failure.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
SweetiePieGumdrop wrote: This years team has vastly different players on it than the previous 2 years. I don't see how you can pass judgment on this team for a previous team's failure.
I am not judging the team at all, just judging the play of Bernier for the past 2 years and the start of this season.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Jonathan Bernier just destroyed his NHL career by coming to the Leafs.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
iamskyhigh wrote: Jonathan Bernier just destroyed his NHL career by coming to the Leafs.
"On June 23, 2013, Bernier was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Matt Frattin, goaltender Ben Scrivens and a second-round draft pick in either 2014 or 2015."
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
iamskyhigh wrote: Jonathan Bernier just destroyed his NHL career by coming to the Leafs.
How can you blame the leafs for the easy goals he is letting in especially at the beginning of the games. The first goal in the Montreal game he should of stopped and the first and 3rd goals in the Detroit game he should of stopped. Last year the porous defense didn`t help but a good goalie like a Carey Price or Tuka Rask bails out his defense. Good goalies rise to the challenge. I`m not saying Jonathan Bernier is not a good goalie but he better smarten up and show what he can do or James Reimer is going to snatch the job away from him.
Banned
Jan 28, 2015
883 posts
226 upvotes
Markham
bobcat99 wrote: I am not judging the team at all, just judging the play of Bernier for the past 2 years and the start of this season.
A goalie's stats are indicative of the team that plays in front of him. A goalie's success is directly linked to team success.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
antigua1999 wrote: How can you blame the leafs for the easy goals he is letting in especially at the beginning of the games. The first goal in the Montreal game he should of stopped and the first and 3rd goals in the Detroit game he should of stopped. Last year the porous defense didn`t help but a good goalie like a Carey Price or Tuka Rask bails out his defense. Good goalies rise to the challenge. I`m not saying Jonathan Bernier is not a good goalie but he better smarten up and show what he can do or James Reimer is going to snatch the job away from him.
Um I'm not blaming the leafs. I'm blaming Mr. Bernier for being a terrible goalie. The dude stinks.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
SweetiePieGumdrop wrote: A goalie's stats are indicative of the team that plays in front of him. A goalie's success is directly linked to team success.
You can't say that a goalie's stats depend solely on the team they play for. There have been many examples of great goalies with great stats on *****ty teams.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
SweetiePieGumdrop wrote: A goalie's stats are indicative of the team that plays in front of him. A goalie's success is directly linked to team success.
Not all the time. Take Price away from the Canadiens last year, put him on the Leafs (don't fire Carlyle) and there is playoff bound team.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
So if you put Carey Price on last years Leafs and put Jonathan Bernier on last years Canadians what happens in your opinion? What place does each team finish in?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)