Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MEC

Garmin Vivoactive - $199

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2015 11:43 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Phils wrote: But wouldn't the best deal still be a price match at Staples and their $25 coupon? Sure a $50 gift card at Atmosphere is nice but they didn't say what the price would be to start with and then you have to spend the other $50.
It's interesting because I have a brand new in box vivosmart that I was going to sell in order to buy the Vivosmart HR that should be available next week sometime.

I think I prefer this though.
I have a Vivoactive, my wife has a Vivosmart.

After I told her VA is on sale, she's asked me to get her one and she's gonna sell her VS ... lol.

I do like the VA better. Unless you prefers to wear your own watch, then VS acts as a 'smart-bracelet / fitness tracker' on your other wrist. Otherwise VA offers much more than VS
Oct 24, 2006
287 posts
787 upvotes
Regina
Thanks OP. I picked one up at Atmosphere with a price match and a Clif Bar. Was able to get a $50 promotional card because I went over the $200. Great deal.

First impressions are the screen is quite small, back light is dim and resolution isnt the best. But crossing my fingers I start to love it when I have it fully charged and wearing it.

Thanks everyone for the info in this thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2370 posts
1036 upvotes
London
farago2r wrote: Thanks OP. I picked one up at Atmosphere with a price match and a Clif Bar. Was able to get a $50 promotional card because I went over the $200. Great deal.

First impressions are the screen is quite small, back light is dim and resolution isnt the best. But crossing my fingers I start to love it when I have it fully charged and wearing it.

Thanks everyone for the info in this thread.
Gift card good for sport chek too, or just atmosphere?
Aug 2, 2013
72 posts
54 upvotes
Abbotsford
tickyboy wrote: Gift card good for sport chek too, or just atmosphere?
If never says specifically on the cards, but I have always been able to use the promotional cards at either store. Last time was the same promotion earlier in the year and I used it at SportChek.
Sep 4, 2011
158 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Birdddog wrote: FYI for anybody thinking about picking this up. I checked it out at MEC for $199, and then made my way over to the local Atmosphere. Atmosphere has taken it off display because it is going to be part of their Black Friday sale. However, the salesperson told me he could sell me one and match the MEC price, and it would be eligible for their current gift card offer. (spend $200 and get a $50 gift card to use later). They didn't tell me what the Black Friday price would be, but they did tell me that doing it this way would be a better deal. So, if you're thinking about getting the Vivoactive give this a try. For a net price of $150 plus taxes its a pretty incredible deal for this watch. Of course YMMV, good luck.
Man.. that's one hack of a deal!! I'm really tempted to get one, even though my Suunto Ambit2 is still working fine.. Arghh..
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1615 posts
326 upvotes
Great deal. I got the watch off kijiji for 100 a few months back. This is one of the only wearable GPS watches out there. By wearable I mean it is not huge like other gps watches. It is extremely thin and the battery life lasts around 12 days for me. 7 Days when I was doing 30 minutes of GPS running everyday during summer.
Resident Tranceaddict
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
Thanks OP, ordered one, looking forward to try it out.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Non-user replaceable battery...it's almost like designed with product expiration in mind.
May 5, 2015
453 posts
429 upvotes
GVA
chatbox wrote: Non-user replaceable battery...it's almost like designed with product expiration in mind.
There is a certain ebay seller who replace battery for Garmin products at a reasonable price. FWIW I been using a FR410 for the last few years and drain the battery every time before a full charge. The battery has been holding up fine.

With this unit I'm more concerned that you cannot create custom advance workouts........ it pretty much just a beefed up fitness tracker and does not have the tools to help you train different systems
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1168 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for this watch. I bought this back in the summer for $250USD and picked up the premium HRM strap. I'm wearing it everyday and love using it swimming and biking (keep it attached to the handlebars for biking).

Amazon.com now has this for $195USD
Amazon.ca has it for $297.99CAD

I'm tempted to buy another one in case my current one breaks :-)
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
Birdddog wrote: ... However, the salesperson told me he could sell me one and match the MEC price, and it would be eligible for their current gift card offer. (spend $200 and get a $50 gift card to use later).
Do you have more info on that promotion? Can't seem to find it on Atmosphere Web site.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
for running and swimming, with hr, which watch should i look at? i've read through the comments, garmin 225 seems to be a good option...? any other input?
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
seafoodmwg wrote: for running and swimming, with hr, which watch should i look at? i've read through the comments, garmin 225 seems to be a good option...? any other input?
235 just came out
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1755 posts
1353 upvotes
Montreal
can someone give any feedback on the accuracy and ease of use of this watch for lap swimming? Sad I missed the deal on the 910xt at BB for 150.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
LikeSpeed wrote: There is a certain ebay seller who replace battery for Garmin products at a reasonable price. FWIW I been using a FR410 for the last few years and drain the battery every time before a full charge. The battery has been holding up fine.

With this unit I'm more concerned that you cannot create custom advance workouts........ it pretty much just a beefed up fitness tracker and does not have the tools to help you train different systems
Yes and no. Yes it is a beefed up fitness tracker, but no, there are custom apps available on ConnectIQ which allows you to do SOME advanced training, but not very customizable and not very advanced. I do find the crossfit apps I need for my crossfit training.

All the other comments (dim screen, low screen resolution, laggy UI) are all valid and true. I get used to those after a while and find that it's a very minimalistic fitness tracker that's great for running. Not too many watches have GPS built in and advanced running stats for this price, never mind in such a slim and small package.

If $$ is no object I'd prefer the FENIX3, mainly because I think that watch looks better and has a more robust screen ... but then again, I've had my Vivoactive since April, wear it all the times, including running, shower, weight training, crossfit training, wear it in the office, scratch against laptop / desk ... and after 7 months there's no scratch on the surface or on the body. So maybe it's robust enough for me already.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)