Shopping Discussion

KIJIJI : Such a waste of time - Lot of Idiots who NEVER show up to pickup - NO SHOWS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2018 8:09 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 8, 2015
46 posts
11 upvotes
BC
Now I will do this :

1. Need their Cell # and Address and Full real name , even if they are picking it up. Not just email. Ofcourse they might give you a fake address and name. But generally this will get rid of trolls.
2. Text me or call me, when you are 10-15 mins away.
3. Won't HOLD the item. If you don't show up on time, the item is gone and don't bother coming or contacting me again. No excuses, No delays.
4. Price is FIRM . No negotiations, No low ballers, its a fair price, take it or leave it.
5. Will initially just give you the major intersection, when you are closeby, call me and I will give you exact address.
6. You are NOT doing me a favour by buying from me, not going to bend over backwards for you. You are getting a very good deal, and I am just getting rid of something which is good, but I just don't need it anymore, but YOU DO !

You have to be ruthless with these idiots and time wasters. Only when they are at the receiving end, they will improve or lose out on a deal, their choice.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
jasonadrianjason wrote: Now I will do this :

1. Need their Cell # and Address and Full real name , even if they are picking it up. Not just email. Ofcourse they might give you a fake address and name. But generally this will get rid of trolls.
2. Text me or call me, when you are 10-15 mins away.
3. Won't HOLD the item. If you don't show up on time, the item is gone and don't bother coming or contacting me again. No excuses, No delays.
4. Price is FIRM . No negotiations, No low ballers, its a fair price, take it or leave it.
5. Will initially just give you the major intersection, when you are closeby, call me and I will give you exact address.
6. You are NOT doing me a favour by buying from me, not going to bend over backwards for you. You are getting a very good deal, and I am just getting rid of something which is good, but I just don't need it anymore, but YOU DO !

You have to be ruthless with these idiots and time wasters. Only when they are at the receiving end, they will improve or lose out on a deal, their choice.
1. I'd never give my address to anybody unless they're coming to my place. That's ridiculous.
2. Fair enough.
3. Unreasonable. Stuff happens. If somebody else comes along with the money in the meantime, sell it to that guy. First come, first served.
4. You better make sure your item is priced competitively in contrast to the others on Kijiji.
5. I give the major intersection and give them the address once they text me that they're just about ready to leave.
6. All about perception. Bottom line, you want the money. The guy is doing you a favor by buying your old stuff while you're doing him a favor by cutting your price accordingly.

Sounds like you're quite bitter. Ease up a bit and you'll have a better time. Most people are flaky. It's just how people are. Take steps to decrease the chances of that happening. Sounds like that's what you're planning on doing. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
There's already a thread where you can rant about Kijiji. Why does people keep making new threads every week :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
Joshray wrote: There's already a thread where you can rant about Kijiji. Why does people keep making new threads every week :facepalm:
And why is somebody named Josh incapable of constructing a grammatically correct sentence? :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
StratMangler wrote: 1. I'd never give my address to anybody unless they're coming to my place. That's ridiculous.
2. Fair enough.
3. Unreasonable. Stuff happens. If somebody else comes along with the money in the meantime, sell it to that guy. First come, first served.
4. You better make sure your item is priced competitively in contrast to the others on Kijiji.
5. I give the major intersection and give them the address once they text me that they're just about ready to leave.
6. All about perception. Bottom line, you want the money. The guy is doing you a favor by buying your old stuff while you're doing him a favor by cutting your price accordingly.

Sounds like you're quite bitter. Ease up a bit and you'll have a better time. Most people are flaky. It's just how people are. Take steps to decrease the chances of that happening. Sounds like that's what you're planning on doing. Good luck.
I pride myself on being a man of my word. Wish others would do the same but it's true. Most people are bastards.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: I pride myself on being a man of my word. Wish others would do the same but it's true. Most people are bastards.
I'm a man of my word as well. However, since I know how people are, I don't place myself in situations where I have to keep promises that will penalize me. For instance, that's why I never promise an item to anybody ; I always say "The first person with the money gets it." Either they're serious about getting item X or they aren't.

If I'm the buyer and I state I'll be there at that time and place, I'm punctual and always communicate well with the seller. It shouldn't be rocket science but those concepts are apparently too hard to grasp for some people.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: I never showed once because I got cold feet. Am I an idiot? I know where you live buddy.
It's perfectly fine you changed your mind bit is it a hassle to let the seller know you've changed your mind?

As for the "I know where you live" and the point is? You are going to go over to burn their house down?

I've been very fortunate that most sales turned out perfectly fine- got some last minute declines- onto the next buyer.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
StratMangler wrote: I'm a man of my word as well. However, since I know how people are, I don't place myself in situations where I have to keep promises that will penalize me. For instance, that's why I never promise an item to anybody ; I always say "The first person with the money gets it." Either they're serious about getting item X or they aren't.

If I'm the buyer and I state I'll be there at that time and place, I'm punctual and always communicate well with the seller. It shouldn't be rocket science but those concepts are apparently too hard to grasp for some people.
last month I waited for 2 hours at the kipling subway station for some loser to sell me a jacket. They never showed. Only reason I went out of my way was because it was a good deal. Never again will I go out of my way.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Probably a lot of brick and mortar retailers sticking it to the man.

If you can't beat the process, at least frustrate it.

Unfortunately lots of inconsiderate folks in these here parts.

You really have to work hard to sell your stuff I guess.

Be smart and not get robbed etc.
Banned
Nov 8, 2015
46 posts
11 upvotes
BC
StratMangler wrote: 1. I'd never give my address to anybody unless they're coming to my place. That's ridiculous.
2. Fair enough.

How do you know, they ars NOT lying about being ready to leave, when you give them your addy ? And then don't show up ?

Nope not bitter at all. Just smart about the Kijiji Idiots now. I always show up on time to pickup an item or if there is a delay, let them know beforehand and I don't ignore messages, just assumed others are the same, but apparently not.

Nope its not about wanting money. Very good items, which I am giving away for FREE as I have changed my decor, and want to help someone, I have had NO shows for that !

Detailed description and very good pictures of the item have been put up of the FREE item , and idiots haven't shown up, after postponing and delaying from their side numerous time !
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
yesstyle wrote: jimboski?
WHO DAT??! One of those RFD spammers aka "sponsored posters"?? :-0
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
jasonadrianjason wrote: How do you know, they ars NOT lying about being ready to leave, when you give them your addy ? And then don't show up ?
That's never happened.
jasonadrianjason wrote: Nope its not about wanting money. Very good items, which I am giving away for FREE as I have changed my decor, and want to help someone, I have had NO shows for that !
You're overcomplicating things. Just put those things to the curb with a "FREE!" sign on them. Take a pic, put an ad on Kijiji with your address and put in capital letters that the first person gets it. Take the ad down the moment the item disappears.
Banned
Nov 8, 2015
46 posts
11 upvotes
BC
StratMangler wrote: That's never happened.

You're overcomplicating things. Just put those things to the curb with a "FREE!" sign on them. Take a pic, put an ad on Kijiji with your address and put in capital letters that the first person gets it. Take the ad down the moment the item disappears.
That's never happened is bcoz the guys picking up were good and had ethics. Wouldn't have never happened, even if you had given them the address in advance either..nothing to do with you texting your address 10 mins before they leave, wouldn't have happened i.e not showing up , even if you had given them your Addy 1 day earlier.

This is not junk or garbage, To leave on the curb. It rains, snows, there is dirt and dust , which can and will spoil an item. You want the item to be in good condition and for someone to benefit from it, even if it free.

I had a beautiful oil painting, I gave away for Free. The lady who picked it up was ver happy and even sent me pictures after she went home and put it on her wall. It looked great with her decor. I didn't want to throw it on the curb, just bcoz its free and for someone to pick it up in a damaged state. She was well educated and knew a thing or two about art. She even got a nice gift for me, but I didn't take it, as Free is Free, I don't want anything in return.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
jasonadrianjason wrote: This is not junk or garbage, To leave on the curb. It rains, snows, there is dirt and dust , which can and will spoil an item. You want the item to be in good condition and for someone to benefit from it, even if it free.
Which is why I just put those things out when the weather cooperates. Again, it's pretty simple. Up to you if you want to add more stress to your life, but I just put things out with a Free sign on, post an ad on Kijiji and within 2h, it's usually gone.

The last thing I did this with was an old vacuum cleaner. Again, gone within 2h.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7088 upvotes
Mississauga
I've put stuff at the curb before. Never needed a sign and the items were gone in a few hours.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: I never showed once because I got cold feet. Am I an idiot? I know where you live buddy.
No you don't, I can give you my Postal Code, you still wouldn't even be close.

I sell all the time on Kijiji, and have learned by trial and error, that some people are just flakes. Do you deliver, sure, for $10 extra. Can you hold it, nope. I also set a time, if I wait for more than 5 minutes I leave, unless they notify me they are running behind.
Nov 5, 2015
34 posts
Kitchener, ON
Larger items, ask for a deposit before meeting.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
"I lowball because I pay cash. $xxx amount in cash"

Obviously duh you'll be paying in cash, not grains
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
Lowballers are the funniest.

You offer a great deal with receipt and wankers still try to lowball.
It is fun to play with them over email.

I guess lowballing is still a viable strategy because it might work 5% of the time.
Don't feed the lowballers and maybe they will go away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)