PC & Video Games

Why are there so many ppl who hate and make fun of pokemon go?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2016 7:11 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Mar 8, 2016
325 posts
48 upvotes

Why are there so many ppl who hate and make fun of pokemon go?

i have not yet played pokemon go, but;
Why do you guys need to kill other people's enjoyment? What is your problem exactly? What is with all the comments of "grow up", and lame, etc. ?

Even if it was a game called look at rock for 1hour where you stare at a rock for 1 hour and thats it, or even a game called stare at wall in corner -- if people are enjoying it what is your problem? why can't you guys allow ppl to do something they enjoy? im getting really pissed off by all these Mr. i'm too mature and good to play that trying to piss away other people's fun.

its brought so much joy and fun to ppl so why dont u leave them alone? i'm so sick and tired of negative ppl bashing pokemon go players and the game, get the hell over it, if it makes ppl happy than leave them alone.

stop trying to ruin other people's enjoyment and fun just because you have no enjoyment and fun in your lives.
57 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11802 posts
620 upvotes
I don't see any problem with kids playing it, but non-Asian adults shouldn't be playing this game.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7088 upvotes
Mississauga
I got no problem with people playing the game but just be smart about it. Stop sneaking into backyards and blocking traffic just to catch that next big Pokemon.
Sep 8, 2013
140 posts
38 upvotes
the 'Peg
Surprisingly, I read an article on the positive of Pokemon Go. It's promoting exercise, getting outside, interacting with people, spending time with friends and family. On top of that, it's helping those with bi-polar, anxiety or depression, giving them a purpose and reason to get out of the house/bed.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
chatmax wrote: Surprisingly, I read an article on the positive of Pokemon Go. It's promoting exercise, getting outside, interacting with people, spending time with friends and family. On top of that, it's helping those with bi-polar, anxiety or depression, giving them a purpose and reason to get out of the house/bed.
And I read an article on the hazards of playing it where people are stepping off curbs and getting injured, walking into things, walking into cars, bicycles, people, walls etc. Even falling onto fountains.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
mbg wrote: I don't see any problem with kids playing it, but non-Asian adults shouldn't be playing this game.
Why?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
tk1000 wrote: Why?
If you have to ask, you won't understand.
Left rfd
May 21, 2013
833 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
I was curious about the game until I saw people ravaging through my recycling for pokemon.

After that I said nope, no thanks pokemon.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
mbg wrote: I don't see any problem with kids playing it, but non-Asian adults shouldn't be playing this game.
Holy ignorance Batman.
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK
Spiteful people who hate to see others have fun and enjoy themselves. It's one thing to be indifferent to it - complete understandable but to actively have such a strong dislike for it is ridiculous.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
zerotwo wrote: Even if it was a game called look at rock for 1hour where you stare at a rock for 1 hour and thats it, or even a game called stare at wall in corner -- if people are enjoying it what is your problem?
Older peeps do have a game like that. It's called golf... *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11802 posts
620 upvotes
chatmax wrote: Surprisingly, I read an article on the positive of Pokemon Go. It's promoting exercise, getting outside, interacting with people, spending time with friends and family. On top of that, it's helping those with bi-polar, anxiety or depression, giving them a purpose and reason to get out of the house/bed.
Everything the Wii was supposed to do... and did for a few months.

If this is helping depressed people at this moment then they are going to end up worse off when they crash after the novelty wears off. It'll be yet another thing that has ultimately failed to excite them because it's not based on anything of substance.

Also, you forgot "good for hand-eye co-ordination" as one of the stated benefits.
Jun 6, 2016
134 posts
89 upvotes
I'm in the semi-target demographic for Pokemon Go. I'm not a kid or a teenager but I did grow up in the second half of the 80's where the NES reigned supreme and played video games pretty much all of my life. If it was the same game with any other generation of Pokemons, I wouldn't have given a damn about this game. Since it's the generation that everybody is familiar with, the nostalgia bug bit me, for at least this summer. The most ridiculed I have been made of was at work, since we're a small group playing this game. Just minor, silly stuff and nothing to be wild about. I have not heard anybody I know being "discriminated" for playing Pokemon Go ( now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type )

The reasons for people making fun of the game are the same reasons why people make fun / judge / criticize everything, ranging from banal stuff like games & movies to higher topics such as race & religion : they only hear about the tiniest percentage of idiots that make the news and they automatically associate that kind of behavior with everyone participating in it. For every thousands of regular players enjoying this game, there will be that one dumb**** taking it to the extreme, whether it be having or causing an accident, going on other peoples yard in the middle of the night, playing it on the job, taking the game way too seriously and building their day around it, etc....

You enjoy the game ? Then enjoy it and don't give a damn about what other people think. It's a free country right ?

....Unless you ARE one of those people trespassing private properties or is consistently in zombie mode not looking in front of you while walking down the street. Then you do deserve to be made fun of :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
ksimms3 wrote: I was curious about the game until I saw people ravaging through my recycling for pokemon.

After that I said nope, no thanks pokemon.
I don't think that's how the game works. So please stop.

I was the ferry docks last night, near the exit. Then out came two ignoramuses that started yelling how pokemon go players are losers, need to get drunk, need to get laid etc. I can't help, but think what miserable human beings they are.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
I don't know where people are finding all of these people that are hating on Pokemon Go players. I've seen dozens of posts similar to the OP and not a single post with anyone insulting Pokemon Go users.
Yeah, there's plenty of people who are skeptical about the game, some that don't get the appeal, and people who aren't thrilled with people trespassing or driving while playing the game.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Anything that promotes exercise for today's youth is a positive.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
No one actually cares about this nonsense game - Its just hilarious poking fun at people who are glued to their phones. No different than social media obsessed millennials not looking where they are going on the sidewalks.

Clueless @ Life.

gg.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
2009 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
JAC wrote: Anything that promotes exercise for today's youth is a positive.
My kids play it on my wife's phone once in a while, but I think we need a better way to promote exercise than playing Pokemon Go. If my kids tried to put this spin on it, I would never accept it. If playing Pokemon Go is the most exercise that kids get these days, I think parents should reconsider playing video games at all.
Sep 25, 2015
254 posts
76 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So.. This does feel a heck of a lot like golf and fishing combined.

I mean really... Lob a ball into a circle, if that isn't golf I don't know what is.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
There is nothing wrong with playing the game, but ppl are always gonna hate on something, which we as a society need to unfortunately accept. Ppl will always rag on someone else and try and tear them down so that they can feel better about themselves and give themselves that ego boost.

My wife plays the game and I don't understand it myself, but I also didn't grow up around Pokemon whereas she did, so I can understand the appeal for her. Not that I can complain since I play Clash of Clans and Clash Royale :P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)