• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2016 7:41 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 16, 2015
394 posts
233 upvotes
Quebec
If you can't drive stick (and don't want to), then the 370z is out. The Genesis is old, the BRZ is small.

At this price-level, the answer is to look at the new Honda Civic Coupe in Touring trim instead.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
bertvl wrote: If you can't drive stick (and don't want to), then the 370z is out. The Genesis is old, the BRZ is small.

At this price-level, the answer is to look at the new Honda Civic Coupe in Touring trim instead.
FWD!?!?!

:lol:
Oct 16, 2015
394 posts
233 upvotes
Quebec
george__ wrote: FWD!?!?!

:lol:
Sure, FWD. FWD is just fine for sports cars at this level. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
george__ wrote: Lack of LSD...

LSD 370z = ~$50k otd
Ah, during the winter when you're plowed in from parking on the streets.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Ah, during the winter when you're plowed in from parking on the streets.
Dude can afford a ~50k car but not a $1000 civic beater??????
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SuperDuperFox wrote: I cant drive manual. I mean, I think I get it in theory (at least what I know from Gran Turismo lol, not sure how accurate that is).

Basically shift as you hit high rpms (I played around with current cars "manual" mode, which just lets you shift).

Clutch never done before. Basically, from what I got reading and watching videos, you depress clutch pedal to momentarily disconnect engine from the tranny (isn't this like Neutral?), and while they are disconnected, you shift into another gear, and release clutch to reconnect the two. Essentially clutch needs to be pressed whenever shifting.

As for when you are stopped, or stop and go traffic, I am not sure how this would work. It sounds like alot of work during stop and go traffic, and I am in that kind of traffic alot.

:o
If you're in traffic on your daily drive to work, like stop and go, I would NOT go manual. I traded my manual in because of that. Stop and go in 1 hr traffic on the 401 is not fun. Sure some people will say it's not bad, but if you're a newbie manual driver you're gonna hate it. I bought an automatic after lol
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: 370z is roughly 30k?? I thought it was always sub-premium car hmm; looks nice i guess they only have manuals ;(
Chrno wrote: The base Z doesn't have auto. To get auto, you need to move up to touring coupe sport; a 15k jump
base Z in USA have auto
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
BRZ => tiresome to drive daily as you have to rev the engine to get going. Only good if your roads are like those at the side of mountains.
370Z => dated. Better to spend more and get the Infiniti version.
Genesis => turbo 4 has lots of torque at low rpm. Better daily driver than BRZ.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Ahh, it looks like all three of these cars have issues.... :(

370Z
-Stripped down, missing many basic features standard in other cars
-No LSD - I still don't get if this is bad or good. From what I read online, hearing both good and bad.

BRZ
-Slowpoke

Genesis
-Poor handling
-Ugly style (in my opinion)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
sandikosh wrote: BRZ => tiresome to drive daily as you have to rev the engine to get going. Only good if your roads are like those at the side of mountains.
370Z => dated. Better to spend more and get the Infiniti version.
Genesis => turbo 4 has lots of torque at low rpm. Better daily driver than BRZ.
I hate how it looks though...
May 5, 2010
971 posts
119 upvotes
I would go private sale, lightly used 370z. You can probably get one with higher trim and LSD under 30k, no tax and freight. A car like that, I would judge on KM and not year of car.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
SuperDuperFox wrote: Ahh, it looks like all three of these cars have issues.... :(

BRZ
-Slowpoke
Quite overstated IMO, Civics with smaller engines are daily drives just fine, it's not like you are going to need any hard acceleration in bumper to bumper traffic.

But like said before, test drive them yourself, your preference for a car is probably not the same as mine.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I wish the Brz had a turbo or something at least. With that, I think it would be perfect. It's like its got everything there, just needs some more grunt.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1264 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote: I wish the Brz had a turbo or something at least. With that, I think it would be perfect. It's like its got everything there, just needs some more grunt.
Have you driven the BRZ before?
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SuperDuperFox wrote: I wish the Brz had a turbo or something at least. With that, I think it would be perfect. It's like its got everything there, just needs some more grunt.
There's plenty of aftermarket turbos you can strap onto the BR-Z if it's really that big of a deal to you.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: -No LSD - I still don't get if this is bad or good. From what I read online, hearing both good and bad.
There's plenty of aftermarket LSDs you can strap onto the 370Z if it's really that big of a deal to you.
Jenuine wrote: Have you driven the BRZ before?
OP can't drive stick so he'll end up with a automatic BRZ.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1264 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
And do yourself a favour and learn manual if you're considering the BRZ. It's really not hard to learn. You won't regret it and even if you're in city traffic often, it's not that big of a deal since the clutch is super light. If you get the BRZ in auto, you're seriously missing out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)